Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
What about last year? I’m asking because I don’t know, not to argue. Could this be an outlier season actualized or was it the same way last year?
It happened last year too. Constantly struggled in the third quarter, followed by productive 4th quarters.

How many drives do we have where Gibbs or Montgomery get us to midfield and then we start going empty backfield. Goff gets sacked and whoops out of FG range and have to punt or go on 4th down. It’s infuriating.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'm not even a Lions fan and I feel really bummed out
I truly believe y'all blew a golden opportunity
The Packers and Vikings should be much better next year
Getting 2 home games very unlikely
This was the year you needed to get it done, the stars were aligning and everything just fell apart in that 2nd half
Why do people keep saying this as if we can’t get better, but everyone else will get better? Lions have one of the youngest rosters, won’t lose any key free agents (I think we let Jonah Jackson and Gardner-Johnson walk) and have a lot of cap space. And have four picks in the top 100 of the draft. Yea Green Bay will get better. So will Chicago. Maybe Minnesota depending on if they re-sign their QB. But the Lions will get better too.

We came within a half of making it to the Super Bowl with one NFL quality CB on the roster. How does this defense look when that gets fixed? I feel good,

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Why do people keep saying this as if we can’t get better, but everyone else will get better? Lions have one of the youngest rosters, won’t lose any key free agents (I think we let Jonah Jackson and Gardner-Johnson walk) and have a lot of cap space. And have four picks in the top 100 of the draft. Yea Green Bay will get better. So will Chicago. Maybe Minnesota depending on if they re-sign their QB. But the Lions will get better too.

We came within a half of making it to the Super Bowl with one NFL quality CB on the roster. How does this defense look when that gets fixed? I feel good,

ASK THE SEAHAWKS, FALCONS, EAGLES ETC
shyt CAN GO DOWNHILL REAL FAST
WHEN YOU BLOW GOLDEN OPPORTUNITIES.

:devil:
:evil:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

I’d imagine his offense will work better with a QB who isn’t a statue (Caleb Williams or Drake Maye) but still…this was an issue all year and never got fixed. Teams constantly came out of halftime and shut us down in the third quarter. All while we stopped running the ball.

I love to shyt on Ben Johnson but I can't find a way to blame him for this game. Guys were open, Goff made the throws and the receivers kept dropping the ball. :yeshrug:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

ASK THE SEAHAWKS, FALCONS, EAGLES ETC
shyt CAN GO DOWNHILL REAL FAST
WHEN YOU BLOW GOLDEN OPPORTUNITIES.

:devil:
:evil:

And the big key like the 2016 Falcons & the 2022 Eagles, the Lions are most likely about to lose their OC
As we've seen across the NFL, it's not always the easiest thing in the world to replace coordinators and keep things running smoothly. It basically ruined the Eagles season and that team has crazy talent to have been losing the way they were

I love to shyt on Ben Johnson but I can't find a way to blame him for this game. Guys were open, Goff made the throws and the receivers kept dropping the ball. :yeshrug:

If he was responsible for that 3rd down run at the end of the game, that's unforgivable
I mean that basically ruined any chance they had at even a miracle comeback

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
And the big key like the 2016 Falcons & the 2022 Eagles, the Lions are most likely about to lose their OC
As we've seen across the NFL, it's not always the easiest thing in the world to replace coordinators and keep things running smoothly. It basically ruined the Eagles season and that team has crazy talent to have been losing the way they were

If he was responsible for that 3rd down run at the end of the game, that's unforgivable
I mean that basically ruined any chance they had at even a miracle comeback
It probably was but on the whole, he called a good game and they never should have been in that position.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They werent ready. Every one if those errors were "we aint ready" errors. That shyt hurt but they ain't deserve it. They did everything necessary to lose. We will see what everybody is made of next year. If we got the right people in that locker room this will propel and prepare them. If not...well I mean yall been around the last 3 decades.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
never did i think in my life would i see the day the lions and Super Bowl was in the same sentence. Almost had it. Good season and they better be ready for that first place schedule next year.
I mean they have 6 divisional games with the NFC North and the 4 of whatever rotational conference division they play that year. Yeah the other 6 games might be tougher but they’ll survive.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
How can we even have a conversation about teams that will or won't be back without looking at this shyt honestly as football fans instead of drive-by casuals? Setting aside the fact that losing in the SB is very different for your future than losing in a conference championship, the biggest driver of good team turnover is free agency and losing/replacing coordinators. The major benefit the Lions have is that we're significantly younger than recent teams who made it this far (or lost in the SB) and all of our best players are under contract.

How many key contributors (or even key depth guys) do you see? Because I just see Jonah Jackson, Josh Reynolds, Jalen Reeves-Maybin, and a long snapper. Jackson is the best player there but this o-line looked good without him last night (surprisingly). I think he's gone and I'm fine with it; he prob lost himself money this year. Josh Reynolds is good, despite the terrible performance last night, but with Jamo fully up to speed he's replaceable. I want Reeves-Maybin back for special teams, and the long snapper. Everyone else can go. Including Gardner-Johnson who was a fukking idiot last night.

The point is that the Lions got this far with an incredibly flawed roster, and now have the cap space and draft capitol to fix it. Specifically signing an actual NFL caliber CB.

Coordinator wise, I think Aaron Glenn is coming back. And I honestly don't think losing Ben Johnson is the issue most people think it is, unless we just whiff on the new hire. So there's certainly a risk there but I feel good. This offense is heavily influenced by Campbell and Goff and looked good even in late 2021 when Campbell took over play calling.

In short I'm tired of this assumption that everyone is gonna get better but us, when we have as many or more resources for the offseason.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Cascade of bad plays. Reynolds drops, Vildors goof, Gibbs fumble back to back to back to back fukk ups and on top of passing over those FG. Most lions loss ever. Would have rather they been blown out then choke away that lead

The fact that Vildor is starting is a clear sign this team was not ready to close in on a championship. He was literally signed off street and starting in NFC championship game.

Trust Holmes will get the talent. Just hope Campbell doesn’t ruin it for them.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
How can we even have a conversation about teams that will or won't be back without looking at this shyt honestly as football fans instead of drive-by casuals? Setting aside the fact that losing in the SB is very different for your future than losing in a conference championship, the biggest driver of good team turnover is free agency and losing/replacing coordinators. The major benefit the Lions have is that we're significantly younger than recent teams who made it this far (or lost in the SB) and all of our best players are under contract.

How many key contributors (or even key depth guys) do you see? Because I just see Jonah Jackson, Josh Reynolds, Jalen Reeves-Maybin, and a long snapper. Jackson is the best player there but this o-line looked good without him last night (surprisingly). I think he's gone and I'm fine with it; he prob lost himself money this year. Josh Reynolds is good, despite the terrible performance last night, but with Jamo fully up to speed he's replaceable. I want Reeves-Maybin back for special teams, and the long snapper. Everyone else can go. Including Gardner-Johnson who was a fukking idiot last night.

The point is that the Lions got this far with an incredibly flawed roster, and now have the cap space and draft capitol to fix it. Specifically signing an actual NFL caliber CB.

Coordinator wise, I think Aaron Glenn is coming back. And I honestly don't think losing Ben Johnson is the issue most people think it is, unless we just whiff on the new hire. So there's certainly a risk there but I feel good. This offense is heavily influenced by Campbell and Goff and looked good even in late 2021 when Campbell took over play calling.

In short I'm tired of this assumption that everyone is gonna get better but us, when we have as many or more resources for the offseason.

Jonah Jackson won't be back. I'd try to keep Reynolds and Maybin for Special Teams.

I want Gardner Johnson back but for the right price. Melifonwu balled out during the stretch