Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Why do people keep saying this as if we can’t get better, but everyone else will get better? Lions have one of the youngest rosters, won’t lose any key free agents (I think we let Jonah Jackson and Gardner-Johnson walk) and have a lot of cap space. And have four picks in the top 100 of the draft. Yea Green Bay will get better. So will Chicago. Maybe Minnesota depending on if they re-sign their QB. But the Lions will get better too.

We came within a half of making it to the Super Bowl with one NFL quality CB on the roster. How does this defense look when that gets fixed? I feel good,
Sadly, its hard to replicate or even do better. Some teams can do it consistently but they have all time franchise QB's. I wouldnt be surprised if Lions go 8-9 next season.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
422939972_225677443948952_8627508442796599766_n.jpg

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Schefter saying Ben Johnson isn't a lock in Washington and they're looking at Mike McDonald (Baltimore DC) and Aaron Glenn heavily. Interesting.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Everyone's division will be tougher next year, including yours. That's how the NFL works.

If we had sold out to win this year, like the Rams (giving up draft picks, cap space hell, etc) I'd be concerned. But we have a top 5 youngest team in the league, a lot of cap space, and a GM who has nailed his first 3 drafts in a row. There are certainly things I'm concerned about, and while getting back here is never a guarantee....I feel very good about next season and where this organization is going.
I agree. It's just yall had the game in hand.

At least yall got a promising future. Not completely sure Goff is it. I damn sure know Dak ain't it unless he has top end talent all around him and a GOAT level defense like Broncos had in 2015.

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Of the 4 losses we’ve had in the playoffs in recent years, I still think the Dallas one was more painful due to the refs screwing us, and the team being legitimately good that year. This is second to me, even though yes, it was a chance to get to the Super Bowl.

We were overmatched in the Saints game, but kept it close until the 4th. Seattle, I don’t think any Lions fan thought we were gonna win, we’re never in the game.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Of the 4 losses we’ve had in the playoffs in recent years, I still think the Dallas one was more painful due to the refs screwing us, and the team being legitimately good that year. This is second to me, even though yes, it was a chance to get to the Super Bowl.

We were overmatched in the Saints game, but kept it close until the 4th. Seattle, I don’t think any Lions fan thought we were gonna win, we’re never in the game.

Nah this was a game away from the superbowl, you had elderly cats with a foot in the grave and a month away from full fledged alzhiemer's, younger cats that have never seen the Lions good and all the inbetween depending on this.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

This shyt gonna haunt me until I die, I know it. I've tried to stay away from reactions to the game, press conferences etc. I'll watch them this weekend or something, I can't do it right now lol. So many little things. Missing a wide open Gibbs in the endzone before halftime....

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps

This shyt gonna haunt me until I die, I know it. I've tried to stay away from reactions to the game, press conferences etc. I'll watch them this weekend or something, I can't do it right now lol. So many little things. Missing a wide open Gibbs in the endzone before halftime....

Bro, this was THE greatest season of my life as a Lions fan. I’m already over the loss.

Intent matters. These guys didn’t TRY to make these mistakes. You are right, the ones that treat this as more than a job will be beating themselves up over this. This is what helped me. I know they did what they could, what else can I ask for?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Bro, this was THE greatest season of my life as a Lions fan. I’m already over the loss.

Intent matters. These guys didn’t TRY to make these mistakes. You are right, the ones that treat this as more than a job will be beating themselves up over this. This is what helped me. I know they did what they could, what else can I ask for?
With Holmes as the architect I think they'll be back and be better. If this team can reach elite level defense it's over for the rest of the league. It has to be a major focus this off-season.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
With Holmes as the architect I think they'll be back and be better. If this team can reach elite level defense it's over for the rest of the league. It has to be a major focus this off-season.

Yep I bet Holmes was already moving pieces on the chess board as he saw it all unfolding. If we're legit we'll back in the mix for next few years at least

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
This is pretty much my view too. I saw a tweet yesterday of Patrick Queen (Ravens LB) saying he would love to return but we'll see in free agency. Kinda highlights a problem we don't have. We don't have top tier FAs who we can't afford to keep, or guys whose departure will hurt. Because of Holmes, most of our best players are under 4-5 year rookie contracts for 2024.

We got the money and draft picks to fix this, specifically at CB1 and edge/DE. Not saying it'll be easy but one thing is certain: the roster will be better next season, just as it's gotten better every season under Holmes.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
This is pretty much my view too. I saw a tweet yesterday of Patrick Queen (Ravens LB) saying he would love to return but we'll see in free agency. Kinda highlights a problem we don't have. We don't have top tier FAs who we can't afford to keep, or guys whose departure will hurt. Because of Holmes, most of our best players are under 4-5 year rookie contracts for 2024.

We got the money and draft picks to fix this, specifically at CB1 and edge/DE. Not saying it'll be easy but one thing is certain: the roster will be better next season, just as it's gotten better every season under Holmes.
I think I said it earlier in this thread, but if Pat Surtain II was ever available from the Broncos, the two 1sts would've been worth it. I think the Lions are in the SB next week with a CB1 like him.