Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was a QB quality drought. He ended it. Even when he left he unknowingly gifted the franchise and help elevate them to the status they're at now with the haul they got for him.
I don’t think ppl remember that winless season and the QBs that played. one of them dude be on espn everyday :mjlol:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

If Glenn gets a HC Job I hope we call this man. It makes perfect sense. I don't dislike Glenn but the lack of aggression from the d-line kills me. Selling out to stop the run, playing contain instead of going after QBs...ehhh. Alim McNeill took a nice step forward this season and could be even deadlier in a scheme like this. And assuming we draft an edge rusher early in the draft, next season could be wild for Hutch. Like, 16+ sacks wild.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps

If Glenn gets a HC Job I hope we call this man. It makes perfect sense. I don't dislike Glenn but the lack of aggression from the d-line kills me. Selling out to stop the run, playing contain instead of going after QBs...ehhh. Alim McNeill took a nice step forward this season and could be even deadlier in a scheme like this. And assuming we draft an edge rusher early in the draft, next season could be wild for Hutch. Like, 16+ sacks wild.

I don’t know much about him TBH. I’m hoping for Quinn if the cowboys make a change this year. He has a proven style and has done it at a high level in multiple places. Schwartz, Flores, and Teryl Austin would be nice as well.

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I don’t know much about him TBH. I’m hoping for Quinn if the cowboys make a change this year. He has a proven style and has done it at a high level in multiple places. Schwartz, Flores, and Teryl Austin would be nice as well.
Teryl Austin is always welcome in Detroit. Would be thrilled to have him back.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Teryl Austin is always welcome in Detroit. Would be thrilled to have him back.
I didn't know he's the Steelers' DC, good for him. Another good black coach who teams pretended to have interest in hiring, only for it to be a Rooney Rule quota fulfillment. Lot of guys end up like that and slowly get phased out the league. Austin is 58 btw. Glenn is 51 but probably is starting to wonder if he'll ever get his shot. I just hope someone tells him to avoid Carolina because that seems like the type of trap job that black coaches have historically gotten, only to be fired within two years.

EastsideRio

You Can’t Stop The Rain ☔️
Daps
Reppin
DETROIT (Do Every Thing Right Or It's Trouble)
I'll never understand it. He didn't do shyt here. I don't dislike him, but he wasn't some legendary player that elevated the team. He was an above average QB with a big arm that took a lot of risk. People celebrate him more than Barry and Calvin in some circles and it's ridiculous to me
Idk where you at but to Detroiters it’s always been Barry #1, Megatron #2, and Herman Moore #3, Stanford is a good #4 though but Mel Farr maybe too

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Idk where you at but to Detroiters it’s always been Barry #1, Megatron #2, and Herman Moore #3, Stanford is a good #4 though but Mel Farr maybe too
Born and raised in Detroit, watching Lions since the 80's, and that might be the hood order, but you cross city lines and white folks worship Stafford. I mean shyt, they gotta do a fukking Stafford ban to keep them goofies from wearing his jersey to the first home playoff game in some people lifetime.

EastsideRio

You Can’t Stop The Rain ☔️
Daps
Reppin
DETROIT (Do Every Thing Right Or It's Trouble)
Born and raised in Detroit, watching Lions since the 80's, and that might be the hood order, but you cross city lines and white folks worship Stafford. I mean shyt, they gotta do a fukking Stafford ban to keep them goofies from wearing his jersey to the first home playoff game in some people lifetime.
I don’t cross 8 Mile, Tele or Kelly fam
:birdman: