Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

LaPorta practiced in full today which is insane. Dude is made of steel.

Sucks Houston isn't playing. Man all we gotta do is win this game and shyt gets real interesting....

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

St. Brown and Sewell 1st team All Pro

LaPorta, Ragnow, Reeves-Maybin 2nd team

Holmes with 3 all pros and I'm sure more to come in the future.
Get snubbed for the Pro Bowl but get named 1st team All Pro breh.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
please beat these sorry ass rams so we dont have to face them early

my Cal breh Jared needs to go off

JesusFOREVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
My Father in Heaven
I'll never understand it. He didn't do shyt here. I don't dislike him, but he wasn't some legendary player that elevated the team. He was an above average QB with a big arm that took a lot of risk. People celebrate him more than Barry and Calvin in some circles and it's ridiculous to me
:comeon: Can’t believe 2021 didn’t ether this dumbass take

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Damn near feels like the Lions are the underdog.

I'm not mad that people are taking the Rams, I just think the reasoning is insane. They want to say our secondary is bad...when the Rams is worse? Lions finish with #2 run defense DVOA but I'm supposed to believe the Rams run all over us at home? Come on.

We're about to watch a shootout where the defense who makes the most stops wins. Rams have Aaron Donald, Kobie Turner is great but outside of that...we have more play makers on defense. On offense I'll take Gibbs against those LBs all day. As long as Ben Johnson doesn't spend the first half calling delayed hand offs up the middle I feel good. Rams edges aren't great, outside zone runs are going to bust them a few times. The gameplan is gonna be dominating time of possession and getting enough stops...

Could Stafford blow us up despite all that in a shootout? Sure, he's elite. But I feel good about this. At home, crazy loud crowd, run game, o-line, Hutch playing at an elite level, and you know Goff is gonna be taking more deep shots than usual as a fukk you to McVay. Jamo could have a huge game.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'm not mad that people are taking the Rams, I just think the reasoning is insane. They want to say our secondary is bad...when the Rams is worse? Lions finish with #2 run defense DVOA but I'm supposed to believe the Rams run all over us at home? Come on.

We're about to watch a shootout where the defense who makes the most stops wins. Rams have Aaron Donald, Kobie Turner is great but outside of that...we have more play makers on defense. On offense I'll take Gibbs against those LBs all day. As long as Ben Johnson doesn't spend the first half calling delayed hand offs up the middle I feel good. Rams edges aren't great, outside zone runs are going to bust them a few times. The gameplan is gonna be dominating time of possession and getting enough stops...

Could Stafford blow us up despite all that in a shootout? Sure, he's elite. But I feel good about this. At home, crazy loud crowd, run game, o-line, Hutch playing at an elite level, and you know Goff is gonna be taking more deep shots than usual as a fukk you to McVay. Jamo could have a huge game.
The problem is, we haven't seen any of that consistently at any point this season. On paper, Detroit is a better team but there's some bad omens for this matchup. ALL the pressure is on Detroit, especially at home.

I hope I'm dead wrong and the Lions smash them 38-13. This is the first playoff game since childhood I'll be disappointed in if they don't win. The three Stafford postseasons, I didn't expect to win.

Last edited:

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va

Damn near feels like the Lions are the underdog.

It's because McVay vs Goff and Rams traded for Stafford.

Some of these playoff games have story lines.

Tyreek vs Chiefs
Cowboys vs Pack (yall remember how A Rod used to hoe us bad)

I will admit...I think this playoff game gonna be super interesting Lions vs Rams...can Goff get his revenge. He needs to be on this game. Also, Lions OC needs to be creative and still run ball with Gibbs heavily. It would be good if Goff can hit Jameson Williams deep a couple times like he did versus my Cowboys.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The problem is, we haven't seen any of that consistently at any point this season. On paper, Detroit is a better team but there's some bad omens for this matchup. ALL the pressure is on Detroit, especially at home.

I hope I'm dead wrong and the Lions smash them 38-13. This is the first playoff game since childhood I'll be disappointed in if they don't win. The three Stafford postseasons, I didn't expect to win.

Ehh. We've stopped the run all year. We've run at will all year. The offense has been explosive all year besides a handful of games. The pass rush and secondary has been very spotty most of the season but I think it's safe to say the pass rush was significantly better in December. I expect Stafford to put up yards on us but we've also created multiple turnovers since December. I'd argue the yards don't show it but the defense has been playing much better lately, in large part due to Iffy and Hutch exploding. Add in Gardner-Johnson and a healthy Alim and I feel good man.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Ehh. We've stopped the run all year. We've run at will all year. The offense has been explosive all year besides a handful of games. The pass rush and secondary has been very spotty most of the season but I think it's safe to say the pass rush was significantly better in December. I expect Stafford to put up yards on us but we've also created multiple turnovers since December. I'd argue the yards don't show it but the defense has been playing much better lately, in large part due to Iffy and Hutch exploding. Add in Gardner-Johnson and a healthy Alim and I feel good man.
All of this. I'm just not worried like a lot of people are. Like you said, we have more playmakers on both sides of the ball.