Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Hooker turns 26 in January. Holmes had to have drafted him as a backup plan in case Goof wasn't good enough. At Hooker's age, you'd have to believe he could step in and produce right away.
Goff is 29 so they not even that far apart.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Hooker turns 26 in January. Holmes had to have drafted him as a backup plan in case Goof wasn't good enough. At Hooker's age, you'd have to believe he could step in and produce right away.
Yeah ,I’m thinking that too.

Also a lot of people assumed Tennessee was all system and Milton would probably come in and do the same but they have looked a few levels below last year…Maybe Hooker was underrated all last year.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Anyone notice how the d-line often gets gashed and looks worse without Buggs? Dunno what type of dog house he’s in with the coaches but we literally don’t have anything behind him. Sitting him hurts the team. The d-line has to be addressed in the off-season. Heavy.

I don’t know what to say about Goff at this point. Allowing two games to convince me he’s not the guy is dumb and yet…I don’t know. Given how unreliable the o-line’s health has been I got a bad feeling about this shyt.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Also, Holmes not getting Hutch some d-line help at the deadline was malpractice. They're getting absolutely nothing out of the line. Hutch isn't TJ Watt or Myles Garrett but there's plenty of plays where he's pushing up the field and everybody else is getting stood up at the LOS.
2 years in a row Holmes wanted to be cute at the draft instead of drafting them Georgia boys on the d line.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
Man the secondary is getting gashed. Jacobs has regressed.

Seems as if players are out of position

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Li
Man the secondary is getting gashed. Jacobs has regressed.

Seems as if players are out of position
Well he wasn’t supposed to be the starter. The Moseley high risk signing blew up in their face. While Walkers has been ok fill in for CJ Gardner, he not a playmaker at all. CJ is a ballhawk. Branch has probably exceeded expectations as a rookie

Defense definitely needs an infusion of talents. A #1 CB, two more pass rusher interior and edge. I think Jack Campbell will eventually be good. He’s just a step slow right now

They better not extend Goff. Let him play out next year and depending on how he does Franchise him after that. No Burrow, Herbert. Hurt like extensions. Amon Ra, Sewell, McNeil gonna get monster contracts. Seeing how the line looked yesterday it would probably be a mistake to let Jonah Jackson i jury prone ass go too

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Li

Well he wasn’t supposed to be the starter. The Moseley high risk signing blew up in their face. While Walkers has been ok fill in for CJ Gardner, he not a playmaker at all. CJ is a ballhawk. Branch has probably exceeded expectations as a rookie

Defense definitely needs an infusion of talents. A #1 CB, two more pass rusher interior and edge. I think Jack Campbell will eventually be good. He’s just a step slow right now

They better not extend Goff. Let him play out next year and depending on how he does Franchise him after that. No Burrow, Herbert. Hurt like extensions. Amon Ra, Sewell, McNeil gonna get monster contracts. Seeing how the line looked yesterday it would probably be a mistake to let Jonah Jackson i jury prone ass go too

Walker not a ballhawk at all, agreed. Gardner-Johnson barely played 2 games for us this season and still has as many pass defenses as Walker does (2) so far. Joseph is back there doing way too much to compensate and it's not working. We need Gardner-Johnson back ASAP.

Ultimately I don't think anything we did at the trade deadline was gonna change this. This team has glaring holes that need to be addressed in a draft. A lot of these pass rushers need to be gone. Charles Harris and both Okwaras gotta go. Clearly Buggs is gonna be gone. We need heavy d-line help and it can't just be a new batch of try-hard vets for Campbell to gush over for playing tough. We need dogs. OSU has a couple pass rushers I'd love to get in the draft. I've seen Chop Robinson (PSU edge) fall in some mock drafts, maybe we can get him. I'd have zero issue with trading up for a guy, either. We have the resources.

Bottom line: the #1A and #1B goals for this offseason should be pairing Hutch and Alim with dogs. Another pass rusher, and a space eating DT/NT.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
Walker not a ballhawk at all, agreed. Gardner-Johnson barely played 2 games for us this season and still has as many pass defenses as Walker does (2) so far. Joseph is back there doing way too much to compensate and it's not working. We need Gardner-Johnson back ASAP.

Ultimately I don't think anything we did at the trade deadline was gonna change this. This team has glaring holes that need to be addressed in a draft. A lot of these pass rushers need to be gone. Charles Harris and both Okwaras gotta go. Clearly Buggs is gonna be gone. We need heavy d-line help and it can't just be a new batch of try-hard vets for Campbell to gush over for playing tough. We need dogs. OSU has a couple pass rushers I'd love to get in the draft. I've seen Chop Robinson (PSU edge) fall in some mock drafts, maybe we can get him. I'd have zero issue with trading up for a guy, either. We have the resources.

Bottom line: the #1A and #1B goals for this offseason should be pairing Hutch and Alim with dogs. Another pass rusher, and a space eating DT/NT.

Agree. I have faith in the front office to address the holes on defense in the off season

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Watching games over the weekend and man I'm not seeing a truly elite team outside of the Ravens, whose offense was pretty stagnant for most of the game against a bad Chargers defense (minus Bosa). When healthy the Niners are the closest elite team in the NFC. Eagles defense gets carved up nearly every week yet nobody says anything. Trolls on twitter saying "Lions could have had Jordan Davis and Jalen Carter" as if those guys aren't being pushed around right now. Not to say those players couldn't help us, just pointing out we're not the only good team fukking up right now.

KC looked flat for much of their game against the Raiders too.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Watching games over the weekend and man I'm not seeing a truly elite team outside of the Ravens, whose offense was pretty stagnant for most of the game against a bad Chargers defense (minus Bosa). When healthy the Niners are the closest elite team in the NFC. Eagles defense gets carved up nearly every week yet nobody says anything. Trolls on twitter saying "Lions could have had Jordan Davis and Jalen Carter" as if those guys aren't being pushed around right now. Not to say those players couldn't help us, just pointing out we're not the only good team fukking up right now.

KC looked flat for much of their game against the Raiders too.
Santa Clara's been elite when healthy. They've steamrolled everyone when they've had all their guys. They had their hiccups for three straight weeks when Deebo and Trent were injured but nobody has looked better than them this season.