Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I was looking over the standings and schedules since Detroit is all but assured to have a home playoff game and the NFC is trash outside the top four. Seattle has a brutal schedule coming up (49ers, Boys, 49ers, Eagles) so they could miss the playoffs altogether.

It's possible they could host the Rams. There is no bigger nightmare scenario than Stafford going into Ford Field and beating them in the postseason. That would supplant Joey coming back with the Dolphins and shytting on them on Thanksgiving as the low point of the franchise for me. :pjlol:
:steviej:Shiiitt, I would love to see them put Stafford and the Rams out there playoffs on the way to a Superbowl run. That would be some storybook shyt, putting out Stafford, who we traded to begin the rebuild, Aaron Donald, who Mayhew completely blew it on as a layup draft pick, and Goff sending McVay ass back to LA after he balls out and completes his revival story from McVay's trash heap to the top of the mountain. It would exercise a ton of Lions demons and be a hell of a narrative for the championship video.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
the nerve of this dude :russ: you couldnt get it done
of course the Lions didnt go after Montana or Moon:sadcam: hell krieg outplayed him too
Just watched it. They literally never mentioned Mitchell by name at all. Just old ass Fontes BSing about getting a QB decades later

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'm gonna keep pounding the Ben Johnson is overrated drum. :manny:

I know Goof was terrible but the play calling was awful too. Still way too conservative and reliant on grinding down the field instead of giving the home run hitters chances.

Gibbs had one toss play on the day and went 23 yards. Basically everything else was up the gut. Jamo got two balls even though you could see him getting open. His catches look clean now so no reason not to get him more involved.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Also, Holmes not getting Hutch some d-line help at the deadline was malpractice. They're getting absolutely nothing out of the line. Hutch isn't TJ Watt or Myles Garrett but there's plenty of plays where he's pushing up the field and everybody else is getting stood up at the LOS.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The best unit on our team decided to take the holiday off. We gave pressures on 50% of our drop backs. On to next week :yeshrug:

Also, these guys played 3 games in 11 days. This is football, I didn’t see us winning all 3.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Terrible coaching. Glenn will get brunt of criticism but defense just has lack of talent. The Lions offense has no true flaws. Just conservative play calling and suspect QB play

Goff has been bad. Any game with any pressure he folds. Extending him is going to he a mistake

Definitely title pretenders. Just hoping for a division title and wildcard win. Next year is when they need to go all in

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm gonna keep pounding the Ben Johnson is overrated drum. :manny:

I know Goof was terrible but the play calling was awful too. Still way too conservative and reliant on grinding down the field instead of giving the home run hitters chances.

Gibbs had one toss play on the day and went 23 yards. Basically everything else was up the gut. Jamo got two balls even though you could see him getting open. His catches look clean now so no reason not to get him more involved.
They was down 15 and still running the ball like it was all good without much time left in the game. Don’t know what was going on there.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I agree that blaming the defense is easy when this offense keeps putting them in terrible positions with mind numbing bad turnovers. Goff looks shot. Yea Jonah Jackson being out hurts but it seems like more. I don’t know.

This offense seems built for perfect situations and flops when things don’t go according to script. And we need to talk about Ben Johnson doing weird stuff on 2nd and 1. That Rodrigo pass worked but I don’t want to see that.

You see why teams are electing to get the ball first. If we start behind it gets ugly fast.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We gotta clean that shyt up, at this time of the season we were supposed to be playing our best ball, we barely won against the Bears and now Greenbay came in and we couldn't get no pressure on the quarterback.

This coming draft we better get some D-line help and we need an elite corner bro!

D line looks so suspect

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
We gotta clean that shyt up, at this time of the season we were supposed to be playing our best ball, we barely won against the Bears and now Greenbay came in and we couldn't get no pressure on the quarterback.

This coming draft we better get some D-line help and we need an elite corner bro!

D line looks so suspect
Everything rides on Goff. If he has a bad game it’s almost a guarantee they lose. The defense is not winning most games.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I agree that blaming the defense is easy when this offense keeps putting them in terrible positions with mind numbing bad turnovers. Goff looks shot. Yea Jonah Jackson being out hurts but it seems like more. I don’t know.

This offense seems built for perfect situations and flops when things don’t go according to script. And we need to talk about Ben Johnson doing weird stuff on 2nd and 1. That Rodrigo pass worked but I don’t want to see that.

You see why teams are electing to get the ball first. If we start behind it gets ugly fast.
To me, a lot of the problem is the offense is generally predictable and Johnson has head scratching calls at the wrong time. Opposing defenses also don't need to play deep because they don't throw anything beyond 15-20 yards.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Goff is very good when the pocket is clean and everything is set up just right .

When there is pressure he absolutely crumbles..this is compounded by the fact that he cannot move or make off-platform throws . He limits this team in ways a modern nfl QB shouldn’t .

Not saying you dump him because finding an upgrade isn’t going to be an easy thing .

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Goff is very good when the pocket is clean and everything is set up just right .

When there is pressure he absolutely crumbles..this is compounded by the fact that he cannot move or make off-platform throws . He limits this team in ways a modern nfl QB shouldn’t .

Not saying you dump him because finding an upgrade isn’t going to be an easy thing .
Hooker turns 26 in January. Holmes had to have drafted him as a backup plan in case Goof wasn't good enough. At Hooker's age, you'd have to believe he could step in and produce right away.