Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

:francis:

I don't get this at all. Dunno what the actual number percentage was but it def felt like we did more stunts after the Seattle L for a few games. We had 7 sacks in the Atlanta game for instance, then 5 against GB the following week. You could also see that increased pressure threw Love off a bit in the second half of the game on Thursday. I just don't get why this team constantly shifts between these very basic contain gameplans until we get our ass kicked, at which point we go back to some stunts and more blitzes.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps

:francis:

I don't get this at all. Dunno what the actual number percentage was but it def felt like we did more stunts after the Seattle L for a few games. We had 7 sacks in the Atlanta game for instance, then 5 against GB the following week. You could also see that increased pressure threw Love off a bit in the second half of the game on Thursday. I just don't get why this team constantly shifts between these very basic contain gameplans until we get our ass kicked, at which point we go back to some stunts and more blitzes.

The first game or 2 they were moving Hutch all around the line as well which seemed to be pretty effective in creating mismatches and allowing pressures from different areas of the line. I haven't seen any of that since.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The first game or 2 they were moving Hutch all around the line as well which seemed to be pretty effective in creating mismatches and allowing pressures from different areas of the line. I haven't seen any of that since.
Hutch mentioned he wasn’t happy about being placed in the interior. Maybe he asked to limit his use there.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

I wonder, if our playoff seeding is secure by week 18 (home against Vikings) will we start Hooker to get him some reps and see what he looks like? Basically the same thing the Chiefs did with Mahomes in his rookie season.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I wonder, if our playoff seeding is secure by week 18 (home against Vikings) will we start Hooker to get him some reps and see what he looks like? Basically the same thing the Chiefs did with Mahomes in his rookie season.

If the Lions win more than lose it will likely come to the last game. The only really way it doesn’t is if they get locked into spot 3. Same record as San Fran and 2 losses back from Philly. Should come down to the wire.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Hutch mentioned he wasn’t happy about being placed in the interior. Maybe he asked to limit his use there.

Nah Hutch said he didn't like the idea initially until John Fox told him that a large portion of Michael Strahan's sacks came from the inside in 2001 when he broke the sack season record. Hutch has looked good inside, but we haven't seen it much lately. Paschal has been rushing there more, lately. He's more of an edge setter and doesn't have the explosion to really pressure QBs there. I wouldn't mind seeing Charles Harris inside just to see how it looks.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Nah Hutch said he didn't like the idea initially until John Fox told him that a large portion of Michael Strahan's sacks came from the inside in 2001 when he broke the sack season record. Hutch has looked good inside, but we haven't seen it much lately. Paschal has been rushing there more, lately. He's more of an edge setter and doesn't have the explosion to really pressure QBs there. I wouldn't mind seeing Charles Harris inside just to see how it looks.
I heard the same thing, but saying it is one thing. Doing it is another. He's been getting rocked by double teams. It's probably taking its toll.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Got a feeling we’re going to be hosting Staffords Rams in first rd of playoffs :jbhmm:
The Vikings and Packers have much easier schedules than the Rams. The Rams probably going 3-3 the rest of the way at best with 3 difficult games. Green Bay has 2 difficult games left. The Vikings most difficult games left are the final 3 NFC North games. If The Rams make the playoffs they're barely making it. It's a higher chance the Lions finish behind San Fran and get the middle team of the wild card.

I would say if the Rams make the playoffs at all they'll probably have to play the 49ers. The Lions will likely get an NFC North team if Seattle doesn't make it and The NFC South winner gets Dallas.