Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Denver :salute:

Vikings lose, Seahawks lose. Not that I'm cheering an injury but the Niners lost their best safety today.

Seahawks got an insane four game stretch coming up where they play the Niners twice, Cowboys, and Philly. I think they're finished. From here on out the only Ls I see for us could be at NO and at Dallas. We're getting into territory where there's no room for error. Philly and SF both have tougher schedules than us going forward and still might only lose 1-2 games.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'm still annoyed they lost to the Seahawks. That team has been so mid this season. Geno looked like Peyton that day. :snoop:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'm still annoyed they lost to the Seahawks. That team has been so mid this season. Geno looked like Peyton that day. :snoop:

Coming into the season I thought the Seahawks were SB contender. They played well early in the season but have fallen off with some injuries and Geno regression. They might fukk around and lose their next four games at this rate.

Lions defense has problems but I can't help but look at it from the bigger picture this morning. We handed the ball to the Bears four times with turnovers, two of which were on their side of the field and they ended up with only 26 points. 169 yards passing, couldn't consistently run the ball outside of Fields etc. If I have a concern it's how the team continues to fall apart in the third quarter. That first offensive drive out of halftime was another example of weird play calling from Ben Johnson in tight situations. 3rd and 2, run game working, and we take a shot downfield and have to punt. Can't afford to read the game flow that poorly much more. Zero room for error going forward.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Branch got called for a couple of penalties--one was legit, other seemed iffy, but nonetheless he always stands out. this tackle where he reached backed and pulled the runner down

and working hus way through multiple blockers to get to Fields

and a nice pass break up

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Grand scheme of things it's not that impactful. Campbell got caught tryna be somebody else at the end of that game. Got back to his regularly scheduled program of letting his nuts hang against the Chargers and I think that Seattle decision impacted how he called things in San Diego, so just keep learning and building while stacking dubs and I'm cool.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I don't think Jalen Hurts is gonna be right this season. He is not moving well at all. This version of Hurts wouldn't scare me even with Detroit's defensive issues.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Gibbs is top 5 in the NFL in yards per attempt. At his going rate if he had as many touches as Swift out in Philly he'd have 767 years which is 77 more than Swift has.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
My birds and the lions might both finish 14-3. And it might all come down to Seattle tie breaker :lupe:

I don't think Jalen Hurts is gonna be right this season. He is not moving well at all. This version of Hurts wouldn't scare me even with Detroit's defensive issues.
Looked good on that qb draw for TD :mjgrin: let’s pray we get to see how non scary he is in January :mjgrin:

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

‘(Bleep) you all!’: Ex-Lions QB Scott Mitchell rips Barry Sanders documentary​

• Updated: Nov. 21, 2023, 3:46 p.m.|
  • Published: Nov. 21, 2023, 3:17 p.m.
ENTER-BYE-BYE-BARRY-MOVIE-REVIEW-MCT

Barry Sanders in "Bye Bye Barry." (Amazon Prime Video/TNS) TNSDetroit Lions

Subscribers can gift articles to anyone
With an MLive.com subscription, you can gift 10 Subscriber Exclusive articles per month to anyone, including non-subscribers.
Subscribe today
Already a subscriber? Sign in
By
ALLEN PARK -- The new Barry Sanders documentary is getting two thumbs up.

Scott Mitchell is going with another finger.

The former Detroit Lions quarterback has scorched his portrayal in the “Bye Bye Barry” documentary that Amazon released on Tuesday, going after everyone from his head coach to even Eminem and Jeff Daniels.

Related: How to watch the new Barry Sanders documentary on Amazon Prime for free

“I just watched ‘Bye Bye Barry’ on Amazon Prime,” Mitchell wrote on Facebook. “It was not a very pleasant experience . I was Barry Sanders teammate for five years. I had a front row seat to some of the most amazing plays in NFL history. He will never have an equal as a pure runner in the NFL. I could argue that their were several running backs that were more complete, but I won’t. Barry was great!

“However, I am so tired of hearing how I was the reason that Barry Sanders never won a Super Bowl. I’m so tired of hearing how I was not a good QB. My only response is F___K YOU ALL!!!!! That includes Eminem (and) Jeff Daniels.”

Eminem and Jeff Daniels are Detroit natives who are featured in the documentary, in case you’re wondering why a rapper and actor are catching strays from Scott Mitchell. Wayne Fontes caught some too, the Lions’ head coach from 1989-1996.

Fontes led Detroit to two division championships -- as many as all the other Lions head coaches combined -- but went 0-2 in the playoffs. He said the Lions needed a better quarterback, which, well, take it from here Scott.

“I can’t even began to tell you what a disappointment it is to (hear) my own coach, Wayne Fontes, who went out in free agency and actively (pursued) me to the point of begging me to come to Detroit, say that he wanted Joe Montana or Warren Moon, and that the only thing that was missing from the team winning the Super Bowl was a quarterback,” Mitchell said. “A little support from the coach might have gone a long way. Wayne never had my back!”

Mitchell even downplayed the greatness of Sanders in his post, saying the running back had everything he needed to win in Detroit, and the Hall-of-Famer shared responsibility for the Lions’ playoff failures during that era.

“Everything was built for Barry to succeed,” Mitchell said. “In his 10-year career he won one playoff game and the only reason he didn’t win more was everyone else was the problem? How many yards did Barry have in the playoffs in ‘94, ‘95, ‘97? I’ll give you a hint not very many. We all are to blame for not winning a (Super Bowl) in Detroit even Barry Sanders. I will believe until I die that had we been given more time and patience with the offense, we had and the talent we had we could have made a deep run in the playoffs and competed to win a Super Bowl.”

Mitchell was a big star at Utah, and went on to become a fourth-round pick of the Miami Dolphins in 1990. He went 3-4 in seven emergency starts while backing up Dan Marino, and parlayed that into a three-year, $11 million contract with Detroit in 1994. That was big money in those days, and Mitchell was viewed in Detroit as a free-agent coup.

Mitchell threw for 4,338 yards and 32 touchdowns while leading Detroit to a 10-6 season in 1995, but was otherwise a bust. He went 27-30 in four seasons with the Lions, throwing for 79 touchdowns and 57 interceptions. He also beefed with teammates, and left tackle Lomas Brown later admitted to allowing a rusher to crush Mitchell in a game.

In recent years, Mitchell made headlines for gaining large amounts of weight and starring on “The Biggest Loser.”

the nerve of this dude :russ: you couldnt get it done
of course the Lions didnt go after Montana or Moon:sadcam: hell krieg outplayed him too

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I was looking over the standings and schedules since Detroit is all but assured to have a home playoff game and the NFC is trash outside the top four. Seattle has a brutal schedule coming up (49ers, Boys, 49ers, Eagles) so they could miss the playoffs altogether.

It's possible they could host the Rams. There is no bigger nightmare scenario than Stafford going into Ford Field and beating them in the postseason. That would supplant Joey coming back with the Dolphins and shytting on them on Thanksgiving as the low point of the franchise for me. :pjlol: