Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You know what's not happening anymore and hasn't been talked about yet? This team doesn't commit back breaking, stupid penalties at the worst time anymore. That used to be a weekly occurrence and I can't remember the last one off hand.
I noticed that too. These guys are disciplined. It used to be us, the raiders and the cowboys in the running for most penalties. It’s been nice.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I never saw Goff coming. I thought he’d just be a stop gap till the Lions could draft better. It’s pretty clear now he’s their guy. Somebody else Holmes was right about.
I was one that saw Goff that way, as a stop gap. Now? He's the guy for the foreseeable future.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never saw Goff coming. I thought he’d just be a stop gap till the Lions could draft better. It’s pretty clear now he’s their guy. Somebody else Holmes was right about.

I was one that saw Goff that way, as a stop gap. Now? He's the guy for the foreseeable future.
The Rams did get to a SB and multiple playoffs with him and we aint talking that Pro Bowl team that won the SB either. And now he is entering his prime. He is plenty good enough unless a special guy falls in your lap. You keep bringing in pieces, protecting him, and he doesnt ask for stupid money you rock until the wheels fall off...or the next Mahomes comes along (which we know is highly unlikely especially where we'll be drafting).

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The Broncos released Frank Clark, do we go after him or is he washed? I’d love to have him on the team but it’s not madden. I hear dude is a nut. He might not be a Campbell/Holmes guy.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I didn’t know what to think of him, he got the rams to a superbowl but the team was great. Regardless of what they said about his time, he was not Trent Dilfer. He was more than a game manager.

I knew he wasn’t as bad as he saw the first year in Detroit. Nobody was winning with that team, seriously.

I’m not sure I’m willing to go as far as to say he’s the best qb based solely off his QBR but if anyone thinks we’re going to find someone better than him, good luck with your search. Top tier QBs don’t come available like that.

With the way Goff is playing, hypothetically, do you take Caleb Williams?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Just wild we got a GM who knows what he's doing. Goff played very well in LA until their run game fell apart. LA also lost some of their speed at WR, and the o-line slowly degraded. Here, we have the elite o-line. We have the great run game. We have the elite down field speed with Jamo but he hasn't really integrated into the system yet. Once that happens this shyt is gonna be wild.

I feel like the Niners situation proves you can be an elite team without a a Mahomes/Burrow type QB. I also think it's clear the power balance is shifting to the NFC again. Chiefs look beatable, Bengals look beatable, Bills look good but not amazing. I don't think it's insane to suggest that the Niners, Eagles, Seahawks and Lions are built to beat up most of the top AFC teams in a playoff (SB) setting. All those teams have great run games, and they're all in the top 6 best run defense this season so far.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I said a while ago, they need to extend Goff. He's been terrific and they certainly aren't gonna do better than him.

The longer they wait, the higher the price is gonna be.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I didn’t know what to think of him, he got the rams to a superbowl but the team was great. Regardless of what they said about his time, he was not Trent Dilfer. He was more than a game manager.

I knew he wasn’t as bad as he saw the first year in Detroit. Nobody was winning with that team, seriously.

I’m not sure I’m willing to go as far as to say he’s the best qb based solely off his QBR but if anyone thinks we’re going to find someone better than him, good luck with your search. Top tier QBs don’t come available like that.

With the way Goff is playing, hypothetically, do you take Caleb Williams?
How could you not draft Caleb Williams even with Goff. It’s not like we’re talking about you got Patrick Mahomes on the roster. Goff is doing well but not passing on a possible generational talent for him.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
How could you not draft Caleb Williams even with Goff. It’s not like we’re talking about you got Patrick Mahomes on the roster. Goff is doing well but not passing on a possible generational talent for him.
Caleb Williams could end up like Trevor Lawerence. He was another generational talent. Even Zac Wilson got the Mahomes comp. You could move on from Goff and end up with another Goff or worse. The other option is to build around the guy you already have. I don’t see anything wrong with that.

Last edited:

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Lions will (hopefully) be drafting in the late 20s or even later, Caleb not in the cards. Also get ready for a lot of borderline racist attacks during the draft process as Kiper or someone else tries to elevate a client above Williams. They tried their best to tank CJ Stroud and elevate bum ass Will Levis last draft. Thankfully it didn't work. I doubt it works against Caleb but best believe this thing is gonna go from "generational talent" to "multiple teams have concerns about..." real soon. Regardless of tonight btw. He could have balled out and it would still happen.

Drake Maye looked great tonight btw...

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Lions will (hopefully) be drafting in the late 20s or even later, Caleb not in the cards. Also get ready for a lot of borderline racist attacks during the draft process as Kiper or someone else tries to elevate a client above Williams. They tried their best to tank CJ Stroud and elevate bum ass Will Levis last draft. Thankfully it didn't work. I doubt it works against Caleb but best believe this thing is gonna go from "generational talent" to "multiple teams have concerns about..." real soon. Regardless of tonight btw. He could have balled out and it would still happen.

Drake Maye looked great tonight btw...
I know Caleb isn’t in the cards. I asked the question to gauge how lions fans feel about Goff. If someone isn’t satisfied with his play, what else does Goff need to do at this point?

And to your point about Kiper, how often can someone be dead wrong about talent before his evaluations get ignored? That guy is for people who don’t watch games.

Off the strength of Kiper, people were advocating for using a pick on Levis last year. This fool can’t beat out Tannehill. Seriously, anything Kiper says about Williams is irrelevant to me. *edit* Levis couldn’t even beat out Willis.

I hope Caleb is the generational talent they say he is but because of the team we have at this point, even if we could get him, I wouldn’t. Kyler, Wentz, Goff, mayfield, Lawerence, and Winston all have varying degrees of success and no QB is a sure thing.

Last edited: