Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I know Caleb isn’t in the cards. I asked the question to gauge how lions fans feel about Goff. If someone isn’t satisfied with his play, what else does Goff need to do at this point?

And to your point about Kiper, how often can someone be dead wrong about talent before his evaluations get ignored? That guy is for people who don’t watch games.

Off the strength of Kiper, people were advocating for using a pick on Levis last year. This fool can’t beat out Tannehill. Seriously, anything Kiper says about Williams is irrelevant to me. *edit* Levis couldn’t even beat out Willis.

I hope Caleb is the generational talent they say he is but because of the team we have at this point, even if we could get him, I wouldn’t. Kyler, Wentz, Goff, mayfield, Lawerence, and Winston all have varying degrees of success and no QB is a sure thing.

Part of me is always going to want someone else given the cap benefits, sure. Hooker turning out legit and taking Goff's job would save us a looooot of money, assuming Goff doesn't get an extension until after next season. But the odds of that happening seem incredibly low and I'm comfortable with Goff. I mentioned it earlier but I genuinely think the Niners, Seahawks, and us all have a very similar QB who isn't "elite" but the team is built to make that irrelevant.

Only thing I gotta see from Goff is how he performs later this season (including the playoffs, hopefully). I'm not worried that he's gonna fall off a cliff, personally. But that's just the next step of what we need to see right. At this point right now I'm completely comfortable with him being the guy for the next few years, getting a big extension etc.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
I hate 4pm games :beli:

This needs to be Jamo breakout game

Im cool with Goff but im not giving him Burrow, Herbery level money. His numbers will say he’s on that level. But Like Hurts and Purdy everything is so perfect around Goff.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
This gonna be a physical game. Tampa blitzes alot. I'm sure Ben Johnson has a misdirection play tucked in his pocket to take advantage of tampa aggressive defense

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Montgomery was tapping his chest. Hopefully just got the wind knocked out.

edit-nah, not laying down that long if it was just that.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
They giving TB defense too much respect. Why so conservative?
Pretty clear the coaches have no faith in Jamo. This is the kind of game (well, every game is...) to throw a few up for him. He's not even on the field.

They might as well trade him.