Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps

So both our big FA secondary signings are out for season. Sucks for Moseley. He’ll never get a payday.

Wonder what it would cost to get Surtain from Broncos?

If he cost anything of value I doubt Holmes makes a move. Regardless, it would be nice.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Is this lions team more talented than the 2014 team or are they just better coached?
They're more cohesive, they got that dog in them, and have ZERO combustible elements, obvious or otherwise.

Physical talent may be the only difference in both versions' Top 3. Maybe.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
If he cost anything of value I doubt Holmes makes a move. Regardless, it would be nice.
Holmes should be willing to push his chips in now. This team has a chance to make a serious run.

Surtain only has a $6.7 million cap hit next year. Give up this year's first (should be really low) and those Minny picks they got for Hock (third and fourth this year) or whatever to make it happen.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I honestly believe that it is belief in itself. Now, I will say that 2014 defense, from what I'm seeing, is better than this defense but the offense this year blows away that offense.
As of today, we're 4th in scoring offense and 13th in scoring defense. We're 6th in defensive yards allowed per game and 15th in scoring defense. As of today, this team is better than the 2014 team. Considering how the first few weeks went on defense, we're probably playing like a top 10 defense.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Holmes should be willing to push his chips in now. This team has a chance to make a serious run.

Surtain only has a $6.7 million cap hit next year. Give up this year's first (should be really low) and those Minny picks they got for Hock (third and fourth this year) or whatever to make it happen.
Man, If we were talking about another GM, I wouldn't hesitate. I think Holmes keeping his picks makes what we're doing sustainable. Maybe I'd give up the first because of how well Holmes does in the other rounds, but a 1st, 3rd, and 4th for Surtain seems steep.

EDIT * To be clear, a first for Surtain would definitely be worth it.

Last edited:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Is this lions team more talented than the 2014 team or are they just better coached?
14 definitely had better top end talent, but they didn't have near the depth that this team does. They've been just as injured as any team in the league and it's truly been "next man up" and the train keeps rolling. We've never experienced that as fans.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Man, If we were talking about another GM, I wouldn't hesitate. I think Holmes keeping his picks makes what we're doing sustainable. Maybe I'd give up the first because of how well Holmes does in the other rounds, but a 1st, 3rd, and 4th for Surtain seems steep.

EDIT * To be clear, a first for Surtain would definitely be worth it.
You're not wrong with this take. :manny:

Surtain was an All-Pro last season. I haven't watched much of Denver. I know their defense is awful but is Surtain still playing well? Does Holmes believe he's still elite? If so, three picks seems fair to me since they have an extra third and fourth because of that Hock heist (:lolbron:). Elite corners don't grow on trees and they need to replace Moseley after the season.

I have no doubts Holmes would find guys with all those picks but I also believe they have a team that can pull it off this season and they have a great cap situation. I'll trust Holmes regardless of what he does.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You're not wrong with this take. :manny:

Surtain was an All-Pro last season. I haven't watched much of Denver. I know their defense is awful but is Surtain still playing well? Does Holmes believe he's still elite? If so, three picks seems fair to me since they have an extra third and fourth because of that Hock heist (:lolbron:). Elite corners don't grow on trees and they need to replace Moseley after the season.

I have no doubts Holmes would find guys with all those picks but I also believe they have a team that can pull it off this season and they have a great cap situation. I'll trust Holmes regardless of what he does.
Surtain is as advertised. Unfortunately I get a lot of broncos and cards games when I’m in NM. He would be to us what Ramsey was to the rams. I’m with you, however it plays out I’m cool.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hutchinson is really special. I mean he was expected to be good but he’s overdelivered on that front. He got like 4 ints in 22 games and he’s a lineman not a db. 35 pressures in 5 games this season. Leads the league.

Yea first yr he was looking like a solid starter, now he looks special