Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
I spit facts kid. We lost two of our starting linemen, our #1 WR and our #1 RB. We aint at home losing to fukking Seahawks while at full health :dead:

keep that delsusional going. Ya'll posted a 9-8 record and think u run shyt now :dead:

Thats the most Lion shyt i've seen so far
Lions starting LT Decker out DE Pascal out. Montgomery got hurt, starting RG Vaitai got hurt. Amon st Brown and Hutch were banged up. Jamo and Moseley still out
Miss me with injuries excuse

Love aint no Rodgers or Favre.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Lions starting LT Decker out DE Pascal out. Montgomery got hurt, starting RG Vaitai got hurt. Amon st Brown and Hutch were banged up. Jamo and Moseley still out
Miss me with injuries excuse

Love aint no Rodgers or Favre.
Love is Love...who is the best QB in the division and leads the league in TDs :umad:

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What an annoying loss

the opening drive penalty by CJ
gibbs drop at the end of half, then Montgomery fumble to begin the half
Goff missing gibbs running wide open, and then a pick six next play
no pass rush
letting corners lose constantly in single coverage
injuries

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Alright, I'm think I'm done with Aaron Glenn. His defense is way too passive with his scheme. Players have been upgraded yet this defense still looks very similar to last year where they just slow the offense to dictate the terms on the field. I almost can't blame Dan for going for it cause this d still can't get stops.
He doesn't make any in-game adjustments. It felt like every play he clicked a basic 4-3 man coverage on Madden.

Seattle's down three offensive linemen (their center got injured) and they generated no pressure. The plan seemed to be, hope Hutchinson beats a double team for four quarters. They didn't move Hutch around either.

The Seahawks were targeting Jacobs to a comical degree and they never altered the coverage or gave him any help. I heard Sutton's name about two times because they almost never went to his man.

I need to see the snap counts too. Felt like Anzalone and Barnes were chasing a lot of plays but I don't remember much of Campbell. I love Holmes but I'll never understand the team's fascination with Anzalone and why they gave him an extension. You never seeing him making a play (that sack doesn't count; Geno just went braindead), only chasing after somebody who beat him.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I know it's a fairy tale, plus, they might be kinda good, but if the Rams are out of it before the trade deadline (Halloween), I'd make a call about Aaron Donald.

Even though he'd probably retire after the season, he'd still be worth a first.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
I know it's a fairy tale, plus, they might be kinda good, but if the Rams are out of it before the trade deadline (Halloween), I'd make a call about Aaron Donald.

Even though he'd probably retire after the season, he'd still be worth a first.
Or they coulda drafted Jordan Davis instead of Coney Island man.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

I just don't get it man. The way Glenn demands players do shyt that makes no sense just blows my mind. If it's not this, it's asking Houston to be a coverage linebacker. We spent two years saying "wait until we get the pieces." Now we have the pieces and this dumb shyt is still going on. Campbell is an inside linebacker. Brad Holmes is my guy but I cringed at him saying "he's more than a linebacker" on draft day. Sure he can rush the passer but...not like that.

We've got amazing safeties. Let one help Jerry Jacobs instead of demanding he do something he clearly cannot do.

Next week is gonna be real telling. Another good run game that we should be able to slow down...but another QB can dice us with short yardage shyt. Yea he's not gonna hit any explosive plays, just as Geno didn't. But clearly they don't have to if 5-8 yard passes are open all fukking day. There was a point in the game where I was saying damn we've clamped down, nice. And then that second half was just a clinic of the same crossing routes and outs...over and over.

JesusFOREVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
My Father in Heaven
This was the game i felt would show me if we were gonna be true contenders or "can make a run if they get hot at the right time" contenders

I think that question has been answered, should still be a fun season regardless

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
think secondary will be alright if Moseley returns to form. But worried about pass rush. No pressure besides Hutch who is getting doubled every play.

I understand why they got off Swift in offseason but also thought they were being too cute. Gibbs will be stud but Keeping Swift and drafting Carter was the right move :yeshrug:

Zero interior pass rush still. Houston has unique pass rusher skill set but they underutilize him and now he’s hurt. McNeil and Cominsky been invisible. Not understanding why Buggs has been inactive

If Chargers continue to suck I would give them a call about Bosa.