Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

What's the point of having d-line depth if you're going to still run guys into the ground with too many snaps. Hutch is constantly out there giving his all and tired as fukk. Give 10-20 of those snaps to someone else. It just blows my mind that Brad Holmes straight up said Buggs got too many snaps last year and the solution was to...give all the snaps to Benito? Spread that shyt out. Buggs, Benito, and Martin should be sharing NT snaps to some degree. Cominsky and Levi should be taking snaps from Alim. And Okwara should be giving Hutch a break out there. I just don't get this shyt.

If AG gets fired we're gonna watch some DC come in next year and do some of the most obvious, basic changes and turn this shyt around. And it's gonna be stuff like this...stop running your best players into the fukking ground.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

What's the point of having d-line depth if you're going to still run guys into the ground with too many snaps. Hutch is constantly out there giving his all and tired as fukk. Give 10-20 of those snaps to someone else. It just blows my mind that Brad Holmes straight up said Buggs got too many snaps last year and the solution was to...give all the snaps to Benito? Spread that shyt out. Buggs, Benito, and Martin should be sharing NT snaps to some degree. Cominsky and Levi should be taking snaps from Alim. And Okwara should be giving Hutch a break out there. I just don't get this shyt.

If AG gets fired we're gonna watch some DC come in next year and do some of the most obvious, basic changes and turn this shyt around. And it's gonna be stuff like this...stop running your best players into the fukking ground.

We won't even have to wait until next month if Glenn doesn't change things immediately. The Falcons' o-line is no joke. If they manhandle Detroit and Glenn has the same guys out there 90% of the time, plus some of these outrageous defensive assignments, he's gonna get clipped on Monday.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
We won't even have to wait until next month if Glenn doesn't change things immediately. The Falcons' o-line is no joke. If they manhandle Detroit and Glenn has the same guys out there 90% of the time, plus some of these outrageous defensive assignments, he's gonna get clipped on Monday.
Firing him on a short week before a TNF game? Nah not happening fam. If he gets fired it'll be bye week, after the Raiders game (which we should win). This team can still go into the bye 5-3 but it starts this Sunday...

If Ridder dices up, completing nearly 70% of his passes I'm breaking something man.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Firing him on a short week before a TNF game? Nah not happening fam. If he gets fired it'll be bye week, after the Raiders game (which we should win). This team can still go into the bye 5-3 but it starts this Sunday...

If Ridder dices up, completing nearly 70% of his passes I'm breaking something man.
If they're getting torched every week, they can't wait til the bye week. The season could be slipping away by then.

Short week or not, if Ridder carves them up, fire Glenn and bump up whoever (I'm assuming Sheppard). Packers are a familiar opponent, then you have ten days to prepare for that trash ass Panthers team.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
We definitely need to see Gibbs get a lot of touches this week. If Craig Reynolds gets the bulk of the work, somebody needs to answer for that after the game.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
What if they win :patrice:
Even worse. If they don't need him, why the fukk did they take him at 12? If Bijan has a monster game, it looks doubly worse, especially with Campbell barely getting snaps.

RBs basically only get used while they're on their rookie deals. They are the most NFL ready players of every position in the draft. If he isn't playing with Montgomery out when Holmes celebrated like they won the Super Bowl after drafting him, someone has to answer for what the hell is going on.

And Gibbs is their only big play threat with Jamo still out.

Last edited:

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Even worse. If they don't need him, why the fukk did they take him at 12? If Bijan has a monster game, it looks doubly worse, especially with Campbell barely getting snaps.

RBs basically only get used while they're on their rookie deals. They are the most NFL ready players of every position in the draft. If he isn't playing with Montgomery out when Holmes celebrated like they won the Super Bowl after drafting him, someone has to answer for what the hell is going on.

And Gibbs is their only big play threat with Jamo still out.
So I heard some shyt on a podcast and it said Gibbs under Saban only had 4 goal line touches and only 40ish of his 150ish carries were between the tackles. He’s not going to be our bell cow.

I’d be surprised if he gets a bunch of carries and he probably won’t be in the backfield much on 3rd because he’s not a blocker. Once he can be relied on as a pass catcher (being decisive) he’ll get more burn. It looks like he’ll take longer than others to acclimate

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
So I heard some shyt on a podcast and it said Gibbs under Saban only had 4 goal line touches and only 40ish of his 150ish carries were between the tackles. He’s not going to be our bell cow.

I’d be surprised if he gets a bunch of carries and he probably won’t be in the backfield much on 3rd because he’s not a blocker. Once he can be relied on as a pass catcher (being decisive) he’ll get more burn. It looks like he’ll take longer than others to acclimate
If the plan is for Gibbs to just be a change of pace back 10-15 times a game, that is an all-time terrible pick and outrageous for Holmes to react like he did when the pick was called in. I refuse to believe that was the vision for Gibbs when they took him.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
If the plan is for Gibbs to just be a change of pace back 10-15 times a game, that is an all-time terrible pick and outrageous for Holmes to react like he did when the pick was called in. I refuse to believe that was the vision for Gibbs when they took him.
Gibbs will get more touches but I don’t think it has to be this weekend. When he’s ready, he’s ready.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

:damn::wow:

I'm not even sure what Branch was supposed to do. That's a normal tackle if Bijan doesn't lower his head.

Great game. Tracey Walker and Iffy played well without Joseph or Gardner Johnson out there. Each had multiple noteworthy plays. Branch was out there like an all-pro today.

Offense gotta get healthy soon. Once again you could see Goff struggling the minute o-lineman got shuffled. Once the line kind of got adjusted he got back on track and led that nice TD drive (with him running it in). Gibbs looked good. Get Vaitai and Decker out there and he'll look even better.

D-line wise it looked like last season in terms of more ways to get pressure. That's why I was so blown away last week by how bad we looked. Atlanta has a good o-line too. Ridder could have avoided a couple sacks by simply throwing it away, but outside of that our guys were gonna get home no matter what.