Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I mean is Aaron Glenn on the hot seat? This is year 3 of his scheme and his players :patrice:

Week 1 they didn’t even play great the chiefs just dropped passes:patrice:

Their defense for dominated week 2 by a Seahawks teams starting back up tackles

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
think secondary will be alright if Moseley returns to form. But worried about pass rush. No pressure besides Hutch who is getting doubled every play.

I understand why they got off Swift in offseason but also thought they were being too cute. Gibbs will be stud but Keeping Swift and drafting Carter was the right move :yeshrug:

Zero interior pass rush still. Houston has unique pass rusher skill set but they underutilize him and now he’s hurt. McNeil and Cominsky been invisible. Not understanding why Buggs has been inactive

If Chargers continue to suck I would give them a call about Bosa.

They were never drafting Carter and it sounds like he completely bombed multiple draft interviews. I'm not sure he would have gone in the first round if not for the agent fukkery to get him to Philly.

I agree Moseley will upgrade the secondary but if we aren't getting pass rush those CBs will eventually get burned. Losing Houston is a killer. If anyone needed to get more snaps it was him. I'm not sure there's a solution now but they gotta try something. More stunts, more blitzes from Branch...something. Utterly wild how we went from having good depth at edge to being depleted in two weeks. Also I think Charles Harris should be a rotational piece. I'd try Okwara more, see what happens.

In terms of RB...you can't draft an RB at 12 and not use him. If I see Reynolds getting 20 carries next week I'm gonna break something.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I mean is Aaron Glenn on the hot seat? This is year 3 of his scheme and his players :patrice:

Week 1 they didn’t even play great the chiefs just dropped passes:patrice:

Their defense for dominated week 2 by a Seahawks teams starting back up tackles

He has to be, Lions can’t spend this season watching the same thing we’ve seen the last two. And I mean fire him next week if he can’t stop the falcons.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
They were never drafting Carter and it sounds like he completely bombed multiple draft interviews. I'm not sure he would have gone in the first round if not for the agent fukkery to get him to Philly.

I agree Moseley will upgrade the secondary but if we aren't getting pass rush those CBs will eventually get burned. Losing Houston is a killer. If anyone needed to get more snaps it was him. I'm not sure there's a solution now but they gotta try something. More stunts, more blitzes from Branch...something. Utterly wild how we went from having good depth at edge to being depleted in two weeks. Also I think Charles Harris should be a rotational piece. I'd try Okwara more, see what happens.

In terms of RB...you can't draft an RB at 12 and not use him. If I see Reynolds getting 20 carries next week I'm gonna break something.
I've also been annoyed at the lack of usage for Jack Campbell. In week one, he had 25 snaps. In week two? Just 23. What the fukk is going on with these two?

I had no issues with the picks but they need to be on the field. Gibbs has shown enough that it's inexcusable for him to get 25 snaps a game. We KNOW the LBs are trash, so why the fukk isn't Campbell playing almost every snap? Especially, when they were getting gashed by Seattle? :what:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I've also been annoyed at the lack of usage for Jack Campbell. In week one, he had 25 snaps. In week two? Just 23. What the fukk is going on with these two?

I had no issues with the picks but they need to be on the field. Gibbs has shown enough that it's inexcusable for him to get 25 snaps a game. We KNOW the LBs are trash, so why the fukk isn't Campbell playing almost every snap? Especially, when they were getting gashed by Seattle? :what:

I think to be fair, Barnes played well. Multiple great tackles in the running game. He's weaker in coverage but I'm not sure you put Campbell ahead of him solely for that right now. I though the bigger issue was the baffling d-line play and the zone. Jerry Jacobs was constantly 5-10 yards off his man. They kept giving up 1st downs because they weren't even close to the markers.

Look at this lol. What's the point of even having LBs if you're not gonna let them do their job? Yea it was cool that Hutch got some INTs last year but I don't need to see him constantly dropping into coverage. He should be getting after the QB. The weird thing is that they let the d-line do their thing against KC and the result was better LB play. Anzalone looked good against the Chiefs. So why cut off d-line pressure in this game. Why allow your CBs to give up big plays. The defense makes no sense and I can't really blame the players.

Also what happened to rotating? Hutch, Alim, and Benito played too many snaps. Same as last week. I really don't understand why Buggs is not active when you know it's a run heavy opponent. Or you why you draft a NT in the third round and he's not even dressing. What are we doing here. Buggs and Benito sharing snap, with the rookie Martin coming in for 10 snaps or so, would ensure the line is fresh. Once Levi is in better shape I'd imagine he'll get more snaps to give Alim a rest. This defense keeps running guys into the ground.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I think to be fair, Barnes played well. Multiple great tackles in the running game. He's weaker in coverage but I'm not sure you put Campbell ahead of him solely for that right now. I though the bigger issue was the baffling d-line play and the zone. Jerry Jacobs was constantly 5-10 yards off his man. They kept giving up 1st downs because they weren't even close to the markers.

Look at this lol. What's the point of even having LBs if you're not gonna let them do their job? Yea it was cool that Hutch got some INTs last year but I don't need to see him constantly dropping into coverage. He should be getting after the QB. The weird thing is that they let the d-line do their thing against KC and the result was better LB play. Anzalone looked good against the Chiefs. So why cut off d-line pressure in this game. Why allow your CBs to give up big plays. The defense makes no sense and I can't really blame the players.

Also what happened to rotating? Hutch, Alim, and Benito played too many snaps. Same as last week. I really don't understand why Buggs is not active when you know it's a run heavy opponent. Or you why you draft a NT in the third round and he's not even dressing. What are we doing here. Buggs and Benito sharing snap, with the rookie Martin coming in for 10 snaps or so, would ensure the line is fresh. Once Levi is in better shape I'd imagine he'll get more snaps to give Alim a rest. This defense keeps running guys into the ground.
What's the point of drafting him then? :yeshrug:

Campbell had six tackles yesterday compared to Barnes and Anazalone's seven. He's the most talented LB. Put him out there, especially when the defense is getting roasted all day.

If Atlanta torches them this weekend, Glenn has to go.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
What's the point of drafting him then? :yeshrug:

Campbell had six tackles yesterday compared to Barnes and Anazalone's seven. He's the most talented LB. Put him out there, especially when the defense is getting roasted all day.

If Atlanta torches them this weekend, Glenn has to go.
He's going to start eventually, it's inevitable. I'm just saying right now Barnes is better from what we've seen. If Campbell was having a better camp than Barnes we would have heard about it. Instead we kept hearing about Barnes. Would I have drafted Campbell at 18? No. Do I think he's gonna be good? Yes.

The problems I see are d-line pressure and Jerry Jacobs. I'm not worried about the linebackers, who are suffering from bad scheme than anything else. We're just giving up short yardage plays for free.

Personally I wish we had traded back and taken Keanu Benton, who looks good for the Steelers so far. Good DT.

LordLyons

All Star
Daps
Reppin
babyhand goofball lost the game with the pick 6

the coaching staff has no trust in him. they were scared that he was going to throw another interception on the drive that they settled for the field goal to go to overtime smh

vino

Superstar
Daps
All defense had to do was make a damn stop. Goff would’ve won the damn game in OT.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Yea Tracy is a good guy to step in but...I got a bad feeling about this season. This is insane. Playoff teams almost always have moderate to limited injuries. We're already down multiple noteworthy guys after two games. Might be a wrap fellas.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
babyhand goofball lost the game with the pick 6

the coaching staff has no trust in him. they were scared that he was going to throw another interception on the drive that they settled for the field goal to go to overtime smh
Campbell in presser after game said that was on Gibbs not Goff