Official 007: NO TIME TO DIE Thread

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Dude this is for one movie lol. This isn’t a permanent thing. People talked about Idris as bond. This isn’t her playing bond. She’s her own agent who got his 00 once he retired from the service. Which is logical. James Bond won’t stay retired though. The movie series has to continue.

So the thing here is how does he get his 00 status back and what happens to her once he does.

You’re talking about something completely different
You really think they were going to turn James Bond, one of the most iconic action hero's in film history into a black man and ask folk to pretend he wasn't a white man in 24 movies ? :heh:

Nah bruh, it was always going to be Bond retires and a new 007 steps in to takeover the franchise...

Anyways I hope you're right for the franchise sake and its just for one movie...

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You really think they were going to turn James Bond, one of the most iconic action hero's in film history into a black man and ask folk to pretend he wasn't a white man in 24 movies ? :heh:

Nah bruh, it was always going to be Bond retires and a new 007 steps in to takeover the franchise...

Anyways I hope you're right for the franchise sake and its just for one movie...

I didn't say anything what you just said. I'm not speaking on Idris being Bond because that was always a pipe dream in my eyes. Whenever there's a new Bond, they normally go younger to keep him in the role for at least 10 years and allows him to age into it rather than age out of it. Any guy, black or white, over the age of 35 is a no go for my money. And that includes Idris:manny:

And I'm pretty sure I'm right because I'm right most of the time. James retired. MI6 has to go on without him, so just like other people have gotten 00 monikers when they die or leave the service, James is no different. So it stands to reason someone would get his status and moniker once he left. Like I said, the interesting thing is what happens to him now

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I didn't say anything what you just said. I'm not speaking on Idris being Bond because that was always a pipe dream in my eyes. Whenever there's a new Bond, they normally go younger to keep him in the role for at least 10 years and allows him to age into it rather than age out of it. Any guy, black or white, over the age of 35 is a no go for my money. And that includes Idris:manny:

And I'm pretty sure I'm right because I'm right most of the time. James retired. MI6 has to go on without him, so just like other people have gotten 00 monikers when they die or leave the service, James is no different. So it stands to reason someone would get his status and moniker once he left. Like I said, the interesting thing is what happens to him now
Fam, all I'm tryna convey to you is if they were going to usher in a new non-white man "007", James Bond retiring for good and passing down his
"007" is the only logical way it could be done...You can't just reboot "James Bond" into whatever you want but you can have a new "007"...

It's pretty obvious James Bond is in THIS movie, Craig is all over that trailer, this is a James Bond movie...

What about the FUTURE though? Is this film setting ground work for the new "007" in this movie to takeover the franchise?

That's why I said, I hope you're right for the franchise sake and its just for one movie...

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Fam, all I'm tryna convey to you is if they were going to usher in a new non-white man "007", James Bond retiring for good and passing down his
"007" is the only logical way it could be done...You can't just reboot "James Bond" into whatever you want but you can have a new "007"...

It's pretty obvious James Bond is in THIS movie, Craig is all over that trailer, this is a James Bond movie...

What about the FUTURE though? Is this film setting ground work for the new "007" in this movie to takeover the franchise?

That's why I said, I hope you're right for the franchise sake and its just for one movie...

Homie, the future will still be James Bond. If you really think they’re going to replace the character of James Bond in a 50 year old franchise bearing his name, I’ve got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Homie, the future will still be James Bond. If you really think they’re going to replace the character of James Bond in a 50 year old franchise bearing his name, I’ve got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.
The idea they would lay the ground work to replacing James Bond with a new 007 is not all that crazy in this era...

They're about to bury the Terminator franchise (which really needs to be put out of its misery) with an all female cast just like they did Ghostbusters...

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:francis:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The idea they would lay the ground work to replacing James Bond with a new 007 is not all that crazy in this era...

They're about to bury the Terminator franchise (which really needs to be put out of its misery) with an all female cast just like they did Ghostbusters...

Those franchises you mentioned don’t have 50 plus years of legacy tho. At all. That’s not an apples to apples comparison. Not even close. You’re comparing the legacy of ghostbusters and terminator to Bond? One had two movies, one well received and the other mixed, plus a few cartoon iterations and a video game. The other has five movies, two well received the others mixed, and a tv show. Oh and a theme park ride. That’s nothing compared to 20 plus movies since the 60s, all stemming from the mind of one author based on his books and characters.

Barbara broccoli, the woman in charge of the franchise, has already said she wouldn’t replace James Bond.

A female James Bond? Never, confirms executive producer

So if anything she’d add female characters to the existing story and have them exist in his world, which is exactly what’s happening here.

The franchise has endured since 1962. Comparing it to franchises that don’t have nearly that longevity or stewardship is like comparing an ocean to a lake

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Those franchises you mentioned don’t have 50 plus years of legacy tho. At all. That’s not an apples to apples comparison. Not even close. You’re comparing the legacy of ghostbusters and terminator to Bond? One had two movies, one well received and the other mixed, plus a few cartoon iterations and a video game. The other has five movies, two well received the others mixed, and a tv show. Oh and a theme park ride. That’s nothing compared to 20 plus movies since the 60s, all stemming from the mind of one author based on his books and characters.

Barbara broccoli, the woman in charge of the franchise, has already said she wouldn’t replace James Bond.

A female James Bond? Never, confirms executive producer

So if anything she’d add female characters to the existing story and have them exist in his world, which is exactly what’s happening here.

The franchise has endured since 1962. Comparing it to franchises that don’t have nearly that longevity or stewardship is like comparing an ocean to a lake
We'll see...

I have no faith in this generation and the franchise is due for another reboot...:manny: