OCTOPATH TRAVELER II (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (February 24, 2023)

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
grinding right now after getting smacked by the secret boss.

cant believe I beat the main game without realizing Castti can use offensive concoctions:palm:

I thought Throne was the coldest but after all the grinding, Nastti Castti got the meanest lines during battles. I think she might be the most damaged character, so hateful.

"sit down will you:stopitslime:"

"WITH THESE HANDS:demonic:"

"you're a poison that must be purged:demonic:"

"are you my next patient?:sas2:"

"blood for blood, I will strip your soul:ufdup:"

"I always collect my dues:birdman:"

Meanwhile, Ochette: "Waaahooo! :smile: "

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Finally mastered the first phase of the secret boss. Think i realized where i fukked up on the second phase. Might be able to wrap this up tonight

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
finished the secret super boss. good god almighty that was rough. came down to my last turn using a hired mercenary with Paritio. Throne was MVP of Phase 1 and Hikari phase 2.

DS5gbdO.jpg

This was about as far as I was getting before id get wiped. just obliterated my party off the screen. what saved me in the last run was using AL's Blessing on Agnea, then having her cast Windy Refrain before the final push.

zdew8i3.jpg

never been so happy to see a victory screen. it was the end of the turn and boss had 4 turns back to back if Partitio couldn't close out. Fought that damn boss for 2 days, 23 attempts. I was worth it tho.:wow:
SihOX9U.png
Bought Castti's theme from the shop afterword, all I had left to do.
PKg2G6g.jpg

Sad it's all over. What a journey that was:mjcry:

Last edited:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
finished the secret super boss. good god almighty that was rough. came down to my last turn using a hired mercenary with Paritio. Throne was MVP of Phase 1 and Hikari phase 2.

DS5gbdO.jpg

This was about as far as I was getting before id get wiped. just obliterated my party off the screen. what saved me in the last run was using AL's Blessing on Agnea, then having her cast Windy Refrain before the final push.

zdew8i3.jpg

never been so happy to see a victory screen. it was the end of the turn and boss had 4 turns back to back if Partitio couldn't close out. Fought that damn boss for 2 days, 23 attempts. I was worth it tho.:wow:
SihOX9U.png
Bought Castti's theme from the shop afterword, all I had left to do.
PKg2G6g.jpg

Sad it's all over. What a journey that was:mjcry:

What level was u finished the story ?

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What level was u finished the story ?
For main story:

Throne 79
Nastii Castti 78
Ochette 52
Osvald 72
Tenemos 78
Hikari 78
Agnea 56
Partitio 59

For secret superboss:

Throne 92
Nastti Cassti 91
Ochette 77
Osvald 83
Tenemos 90
Hikari 89
Agnea 78
Partitio 75

Plus had all battle tested weapons + all divine weapons for Armsmaster on Hikari.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
finished all stories. just hit point of no return warning. its nice seeing all 8 characters conversing with each other.

EDIT: I got fukked the fukk up by the final boss. :sadcam:

EDIT 2: finally beat it on my third try. Partitio of all people ended up delivering the killing blow with hired help. boss theme(both of em) were bangers too.
After I beat Hikari's story, I had Throne and Osvald in my parther and we had a Travel Banter that was between the 3 of them. Fairly lengthy as well, all about their attire. Cool stuff. So I wonder if these sort of multi-character Travel Banters happen in other character endings or other scenarios based on the time and party members present as well.

I still think they could've found ways in each individual stories to still have some other party participation as well, if they were present. Even if not voiced lines. Cuz there's sections like Throne's Chapter 2 or 3 (Father Route) & Castti's where it seems like it'd be silly that your party members aren't voicing to back you up or something. Otherwise, this game is tip-top notch really. Deserves more praise than it's getting and definitely more sales.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Also, I think ya'll sleeping on how good Hikari's story is. It may not be the most original of the 8, but it's told and presented extremely well. Not a dull moment and includes some very interesting supporting characters, shows plenty of dope character moments and plot developments all throughout. Plus Hikari is just that dude.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
After I beat Hikari's story, I had Throne and Osvald in my parther and we had a Travel Banter that was between the 3 of them. Fairly lengthy as well, all about their attire. Cool stuff. So I wonder if these sort of multi-character Travel Banters happen in other character endings or other scenarios based on the time and party members present as well.

I still think they could've found ways in each individual stories to still have some other party participation as well, if they were present. Even if not voiced lines. Cuz there's sections like Throne's Chapter 2 or 3 (Father Route) & Castti's where it seems like it'd be silly that your party members aren't voicing to back you up or something. Otherwise, this game is tip-top notch really. Deserves more praise than it's getting and definitely more sales.
ya, It could be very random when travel banter would pop up. I do know for most of the stories, towards the end of peoples chapter 4's I'd constantly get travel banter on what happened. seems most of the banter happened randomly tho, like Osvald getting drunk when I'd show up to a pub.

I understand it'd be wild to voice act for all of the different possible combos because of how the stories are structured.

one nice touch is during battles how they'll thank each other by name for buffs, and for each job have their own unique dialogue/animation for performing actions. like Dancer job you'll notice all 8 characters do a different dance animation.
Also, I think ya'll sleeping on how good Hikari's story is. It may not be the most original of the 8, but it's told and presented extremely well. Not a dull moment and includes some very interesting supporting characters, shows plenty of dope character moments and plot developments all throughout. Plus Hikari is just that dude.
ya, it moves along pretty quickly and gets to the point. I liked trying to recruit his friend in the snowy area towards end. and the battle set pieces at the city both chapter 1 and final chapter were nice.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
ya, It could be very random when travel banter would pop up. I do know for most of the stories, towards the end of peoples chapter 4's I'd constantly get travel banter on what happened. seems most of the banter happened randomly tho, like Osvald getting drunk when I'd show up to a pub.

I understand it'd be wild to voice act for all of the different possible combos because of how the stories are structured.

one nice touch is during battles how they'll thank each other by name for buffs, and for each job have their own unique dialogue/animation for performing actions. like Dancer job you'll notice all 8 characters do a different dance animation.

ya, it moves along pretty quickly and gets to the point. I liked trying to recruit his friend in the snowy area towards end. and the battle set pieces at the city both chapter 1 and final chapter were nice.

Yeah, I get it too with all the possibilities being near impossible to account for. But yeah, it could just be in select situations as I mentioned before. The lines could be generic in those times as well too in some of those specific moments, if you have someone with you (it's dope you could make a 1-person party and do whatever you want alone if you want as well.

Yeah, they also say thank you to specific characters when they get hurt or knocked out at times as well or even compliment each other for a hard hit or winning the battle sometimes. It's dope.

I saw the dance animations from a reddit thread. That is super dope.

I also like Hikari's chapter 2 part (I think or part 3) at the coliseum is one of the best presented scenes I've saw so far.

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
Yooo, beat this game. I dug the final chapter but some of the bits felt rushed. Final boss was fire. Used about 300k in hired help but beat him first try, lol.

I really enjoyed this.. want to say it’s a 9/10, but objectively more of a 8/10.