OCTOPATH TRAVELER II (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (February 24, 2023)

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Idk you tell me:patrice:
Square liable didn't want it to be a day and date gamepass title and M$ was liable to push for that being how they would take the game. So maybe in 6+ months or later when it gets cleared for Gamepass, maybe then will the 12 or so people that actually play jrpgs on Xbox will get to play them.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Square liable didn't want it to be a day and date gamepass title and M$ was liable to push for that being how they would take the game. So maybe in 6+ months or later when it gets cleared for Gamepass, maybe then will the 12 or so people that actually play jrpgs on Xbox will get to play them.
I think square wants a bunch of cash and MS said no, I doubt it's ever coming to gamepass, well not until the relationship between square and Xbox changes.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I think square wants a bunch of cash and MS said no, I doubt it's ever coming to gamepass, well not until the relationship between square and Xbox changes.

Yeah, I'm sure they do, as they're not some unknown indie devs willing to sacrifice their sales with day 1 "free" lunch. Even for a smaller, less expensive game.

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
How does this game run on Switch? Gamestop currently has a Buy 1 Get 1 deal going. Thinking about getting this game + Xenoblade 3 physical

PS5 version isn’t apart of the deal tho so I’m curious about Switch performance. I know the game is 2.5D but just making sure :patrice:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
How does this game run on Switch? Gamestop currently has a Buy 1 Get 1 deal going. Thinking about getting this game + Xenoblade 3 physical

PS5 version isn’t apart of the deal tho so I’m curious about Switch performance. I know the game is 2.5D but just making sure :patrice:

Lower resolution, longer loading times, 30fps…it essentially runs and looks like the first game.

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Lower resolution, longer loading times, 30fps…it essentially runs and looks like the first game.
Never played the first game but I should have before it left gamepass :to:

Maybe I should just wait a while to see if this one will hit gamepass too

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Never played the first game but I should have before it left gamepass :to:

Maybe I should just wait a while to see if this one will hit gamepass too

I wouldn’t doubt it ends up on gamepass by the end of this year

Microsoft is gonna need those JRPG announcements around E3/Tokyo Gameshow time

Last edited:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So, who beat that secret boss

And how the hell did u do it?

Hes whoopin my ass
I did. Here was my setup. Also, always do the fight at Nightime so the boss is blind for Phase 2.

Phase 1

Throne:Cleric sub job. Support skills A Step Ahead, Upgraded Accessories, Peak Performance, Deal More Damage.

Ochette: Theif sub job. Support skills A Step Ahead, Peak Performance, Upgraded Accessories, Deal More Damage

Nastti Castti: Cleric sub job. Support skills The Show Goes On, Boost Start, A Step Ahead, Fleetfoot

Osvald: sub job Archanist. Support skills SP Saver, Price of Power, Peak Performance, Deal more damage.

ROLES

Throne: will spam her latent power and boost with Alferics blessing on first go. since u get 2 turns with latent, use second turn to eat a Reinforcing jam. After that, spam latent and Aebers Reckoning, eat reinforcing jam on second turn(the jam restores BP and her latent every turn so she always gets 2 turns in a row) this is all she's gonna do the entire fight.

Ochette: Her entire role is spamming Hunters Skills-Provoke Beasts-Vagrant Frogking II. This is whats gonna break the souls and the Eyes Shields fast. this is her role, spam her latent attacks if its her turn nd the shields are broken.

Nastti Castti- She is your BP Battery the whole time. her main role is Concoct-Pomegranite leafx2+Diffusing Serum+Strenghtening Serum. This maxes parties BP every turn. When she has full BP boosts, throw in a healing leaf or a mighty leaf into the concoction as needed.

Osvald: never really found a good role with him. Id have him on standby giving people health grapes or SP restoring items till the boss had a shield break. Then id max boost and Spam One True Magic.

Phase 2

Hikari: sub job Arms Master. Support skills Summon Strength, Boost Start, A Step Ahead, Deal More Damage. Also, Lionharts Axe is critical to have equipped so you can use his arms master job.

Agnea: sub job Cleric. Support skills The Show Goes On, A Step Ahead, Deal More Damage, Boost Start. Also, find the shrine to get her EX skill Windy Refrain.

Tenemos: sub job Inventor. Support skills Boost Start, A Step Ahead, Deal More Damage, Peak Performance

Partitio: sub job Dancer. support skills The Show Goes On, Fleetfoot, A Step Ahead, BP Regeneration.

Also, for this fight, have a fukk ton of leaves saved up, as what ended up saving my ass was using Hired Mercenary Assassin and Negotiate turn with Partitio.
Now this is important, equipment wise, you want Hikari to have the slowest speed stat so he goes last, as the other 3 will be mainly support/setup for him to be you max damage dealer. Also, have Hikari enter the fight at 1 HP, this is critical for getting the most damage.

Partitio: put Sealtice seduction on Hikari. on other turns, give Hikari Reinforcing Jam to restore his BP. he ended up being last at the end with the boss having 4 turns next, so I did a Hail Mary boosted Hired Assassin for the final blow.

Hikari: Use Heinka on the blade(no boost). After word spam Lionheart's axe. do not boost unless u have 3 BP.

Tenemos: give Hikari Spicy jerky to boost his attack. Use Alferics Blessing on Hikari next turn. If Hikari is boosted, spend other turns using items to debug boss such as ancient cursed talisman.

Agnea: Spam Windy Refrain to make sure boss always goes after party on each turn.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Platinumed it again on steam. been playing it at hotels when im out of town during weekdays on the ROG Ally.

might be the first time I've 100 percented a game on 2 different platforms in the same year.

did the secret boss with a different line up. had Temenos as my damage dealer for phase 2 instead of Hikari

been replaying octopath 1 too on the Ally to compare the two games on the same platform. now that both are fresh in my head I can def say 2 wipes the floor with the first game and it aint even close.