OCTOPATH TRAVELER II (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (February 24, 2023)

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This thread was gnawing at me for some reason, so the other day I said fukk it and copped. This shyt is fun as fukk so far :whew:. Never played the first, so far got 6 characters to chapter 2 but glad I purchased. Definitely worth the 60 so far. :salute: to y'all for giving me the push I needed
The devs really took the criticism of the first game seriously and polished up the sequel. I was surprised how much i enjoyed this game.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hopefully the series doesn't die...

Maybe next time drop it on everythingand actually promote it instead of assuming it would sell like part 1:beli:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It's square.. so you right. You never know what you gonna get with them.
Pretty much. Yeah, it probably could've been promotoed better. At the same time, these retro style games are more niche that some of us would like to have believe, even among the ones that are interested in them. Some may have felt they had their fill with the first one, despite this being improved upon in enough ways to warrant a sequel.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Pretty much. Yeah, it probably could've been promotoed better. At the same time, these retro style games are more niche that some of us would like to have believe, even among the ones that are interested in them. Some may have felt they had their fill with the first one, despite this being improved upon in enough ways to warrant a sequel.

They released 3 2d HD games within a year, theres just not enough demand still for all of them to be releasing at such a rate. The original Octopath was the first of its kind so it had novelty factor going for it, now not so much.

Also, Mad Titan only posted that because he’s a salty xbox bytch

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm sure I'll love it when I get around too it.
Its great,if you like old school jrpgs this is the one to get.
Ya, it wasnt made for the new gen. Anybody who didnt grow up in the FF6/Chrono Trigger era aint giving this a glance. Besides Persona and Pokemon, it seems the real money is in 3D action RPGs

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They released 3 2d HD games within a year, theres just not enough demand still for all of them to be releasing at such a rate. The original Octopath was the first of its kind so it had novelty factor going for it, now not so much.

Octopath 1 was a smash hit on the switch, debuted at 33 on the xbox charts despite being on gamepass. Blame the xbox players for showing a lack of demand for the franchise:francis:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Yet they releasing livealive on additional systems :mjlol: and pixel releases this week.

But yeah it's the novelty factor. :mjlol:

The game wasn't promoted well at all, typical square being square, and it didn't drop on a whole system it got released on last time.