Obesity rates by Race and Gender

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
nikkas stay gassing up any women with some semblance of ass even when she's 220 pounds and 5'2:francis:. Combined with black men being some of the softest on our women making them think this type of shyt is ok:francis:. Also bm being 37% isnt a flex at all. Been in the gym since I was 18 looking like a primed Shaka Zulu yet you got dudes out here looking like fat Albert and precious.

nikkas lost:francis:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
I feel like the black community in America are afraid to say a woman is fat. Instead they use "thick" and all sorts of other words. That doesnt only applies to black americans, tho. Many if not MOST african and caribbean men may be attracted to a heavier woman and will refer to her as such (big, fat, heavy set, etc) but in American culture it's inappropriate to say that F word no matter what.

Overall, the article is probably based on the definition of "obese" based on the BMI which we know should not be used for people of african descent. It's mostly for the puny europeans.
Where in the Caribbean are they calling women fat? :russ:

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I feel like the black community in America are afraid to say a woman is fat. Instead they use "thick" and all sorts of other words. That doesnt only applies to black americans, tho. Many if not MOST african and caribbean men may be attracted to a heavier woman and will refer to her as such (big, fat, heavy set, etc) but in American culture it's inappropriate to say that F word no matter what.

Overall, the article is probably based on the definition of "obese" based on the BMI which we know should not be used for people of african descent. It's mostly for the puny europeans.

Nah, they not scared breh-- you gotta realize, a lot of these cats are situated in the South, as are a significant portion of the Black community. They are actually chubby chasers.

You see it in every babe battle thread: two chicks, one of them has a cute face, but is on the athletic/slim side, and the other is clearly facially challenged, but has a thicker ass/thighs/t*ts.

Without FAIL it's the latter leading the polls. :Tim:

Back when the breh Bart Simpson was making the butterface threads, it was ALWAYS the borderline/one more cheeseburger chicks getting the votes lmao :mjlol:

Black Men have been conditioned to see overweight as attractive, and as the stats in the op suggest, they don't have much of a choice, as Black women are by far the most overweight demographic, and refuse to change. Black men have had to adapt.

The chicks in the Sir-Mix-Alot video, a music video where he's talking about liking fat asses, looked like this:

baby-got-back.jpg

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Actually in that experiment they told some of the placebo group they were taking a placebo and not a real steroid and almost immediately their muscle gains and strength decreased back to baseline. If as you say they were simply pushing themselves harder which led to steroid like gains then why did those gains dissappear almost immediately? Also you might wanna read that page more closely. The placebo group saw 7x gains after they were told they were getting steroids. No amount of training harder gets results like that. That's all mind over matter.

It's obvious you are a hard physicalist hence your apprehension on anything that goes against that ideology. I'll just leave you with this nugget. Go read up on the "delayed choice quantum eraser experiment ". If you want your entire worldview regarding the truth about the reality we inhabit shattered start there. The placebo effect is but scratching the surface on the true nature of reality.
This is like talking to someone you met on the bus, mind is matter.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
PAWGs in my area are literally built like Wonder Woman. Abs, defined legs, nice asses and real hair. It's really not even a contest. Not to mention they're so easy to approach. It's like fitness is definitely ingrained in their culture. I was never into blondes before, but they have the nicest bodies by far. I think it's to live up to the "blondes have more fun" stereotype.
They're here.:scust:

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
Its because of fatphobia, and with how racism and fatphobia are intertwined. I’ve seen more than a few black women, on TikTok and various other forms of social media, recount their negative experiences at these gyms. These gyms are littered with fatphobes who make disparaging remarks about black women’s bodies. Black female bodies are often unfairly critiqued, abused, and made fun of. The gym is yet another space where these types of things happen. It causes a lot of black women to shy away from even entering a gym. Its really sick. In a perfect world we’d have gyms specifically for black women to act as safe spaces for their bodies. Also, its important to remember that just because a person is obese doesn’t mean that they’re unhealthy, and so, these stats don’t mean muchi

I dont get how you nikkas live in la-la land all day

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Anecdotal but black women are not in the gym like that where I live. Lots of white women, decent amount of Latin women as well .

My girl is a FIT Puerto Rican who's in the gym 4-5 days a week along with home workouts, and admitted that some aspects of the gym can be intimidating for a female cause you got some dudes who get weird when they see a female in a commercial gym by the weights.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Where in the Caribbean are they calling women fat? :russ:
I know jamaicans and haitians have no problem have no problem calling someone 'big hooman" or "gwo fanm" which means big woman in patois and kreyol respectively. And that threshold usually starts when a woman reaches the 180 lbs limit. In america we have people referring to 300 lbs woman as "thick"

Wubzy

All Star
Daps
Definitely laziness.... Most black men have terrible diets also.

I eat eggs and steaks multiple times per week and I'm probably gonna die from a heart attack in my 60s, but I stay on that treadmill everyday and I been an athlete since grade school so I still look good without much effort.

Superior African genetics..... you gotta be a dumbass to fumble these superior genetics.
This is true. Not being fat is easy as fukk, it's just a matter of discipline. I literally went from obese >25% body fat to 11-12% currently just since this spring :yeshrug: and I'm not one of those super athlete brehs either

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
There are a lot of reasons for the obesity problem.

But the low brow explanation almost always revolves around some sort of character flaw about X-race of people or nationality/ethnicity.

You hardly ever get a real deep dive into how we got here.
Deep dive? nikka it's cause American's eat too damn much :dead: