Obesity rates by Race and Gender

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You think when they did this study they got actually got people real body fat percentage or just go off height and weight scale. It’s common sense they look data and go with the body mass index like 5’3 162 is obese the girl could just have thick thighs and a big ass with a flat stomach. It’s more of a European measurement does skewed towards white women. They didn’t design that with women who naturally thicker they designed with flat asses white women in mind.

Daps
Its because of fatphobia, and with how racism and fatphobia are intertwined. I’ve seen more than a few black women, on TikTok and various other forms of social media, recount their negative experiences at these gyms. These gyms are littered with fatphobes who make disparaging remarks about black women’s bodies. Black female bodies are often unfairly critiqued, abused, and made fun of. The gym is yet another space where these types of things happen. It causes a lot of black women to shy away from even entering a gym. Its really sick. In a perfect world we’d have gyms specifically for black women to act as safe spaces for their bodies. Also, its important to remember that just because a person is obese doesn’t mean that they’re unhealthy, and so, these stats don’t mean much.
Black women cannot win in most fitness spaces. When I was a bulimic cheerleader who stayed under 120 in junior high and 130 in high school I was always made to feel odd for being at the gym. White women would make comments about my butt in the locker room, and there was always a trainer approaching me with weight loss plans so I could lose weight before college.

As a fat adult I’ve noticed it’s pretty much the same treatment. Stares in the locker room now that my ass is truly big, trainers who come up and mention their plans, which I would actually like to use and pay for but they assume fat and black means poor so I’m not offered top tier training just classes I don’t want to attend. I will say some people in gyms are nicer to fat black and Latino women because they expect us to be fat mammies but they despise fat white women.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I wonder if you realize you are advocating for white supremacy with this point.

If we have superior genetics for athleticism, does that mean we have inferior genetics for intelligence? Cause the same objective metrics that say we run faster and jump higher also say we do worse on practically every cognitive test?

There's no such thing as "superior genetics". We are all products of what we believe. If I tell you that you are faster than other kids and you legitimately believe it then you will run faster. If I tell you that other kids are smarter then you'll do worse on tests that are supposed guage intelligence. The placebo effect has been shown countless times in a myraid of applications.

By promoting the idea of athletic supremacy just realize you are also promoting our intellectual inferiority. Why? Because they go hand in hand. If we are superior because we test better athletically then how are we not inferior if we test worse cognitively?

It's better to tell black kids they are smarter than their white counterparts than they are better athletes.
There are no genetics that promote muscle growth. If there was then you would have guys with bodybuilder physiques who sit on their asses all day. There's simply no such thing as that. To grow muscle you have to put in the work. The thing that differentiates those who grow muscle bigger and faster is better training and consistency.

Your genetics are what you make of them. Be inactive and you will have shytty genetics. Be active and you will have great genetics. The key is your actions.

I don't lift heavy objects that require bending over.....ever.

Your opinion on anything fitness or gym related is pretty invalid. :camby:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Go to every black neighborhood in almost every state and what u see

Fast food spots, stores with a boatload of chips, sweets, bad selection of food to choose from and not a gym within 5 miles . You can’t workout at the community center because nikkas are shooting and fighting up there..

Go to white/Asian communities healthy options and gyms and programs at their community centers for a healthy lifestyle..

But all in all it starts with self

That doesn't explain why BW are so much fatter than BM if they both live in the same "black neighborhoods". :stopitslime:

Brehs would be in the same "food deserts", with no gym within 5 miles, and shootouts/fights at the community center yet they're still on average half as obese as brehettes. :usure:

CrushedGroove

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I used to hear all the time that it was because they didn't want to mess up their hair cuz it cost too much. Now more women are into natural styles so I think more are working out, but overall, our brehettes, like a lot of brehs, just refuse to change their diets and make time to exercise.

I love the same coma-inducing foods that is considered soul food, but I also want to enjoy a full life.

Daps

This is almost a year old so I hope it’s gotten better. My state is in 11th place.

I’ve still seen slim and in shape black and white women, but I’ve never seen a Latina here that was my age and wasn’t shaped like a fridge. At the absolute best they’re a little pudgy.

Glorious

All Star
Daps
Its because of fatphobia, and with how racism and fatphobia are intertwined. I’ve seen more than a few black women, on TikTok and various other forms of social media, recount their negative experiences at these gyms. These gyms are littered with fatphobes who make disparaging remarks about black women’s bodies. Black female bodies are often unfairly critiqued, abused, and made fun of. The gym is yet another space where these types of things happen. It causes a lot of black women to shy away from even entering a gym. Its really sick. In a perfect world we’d have gyms specifically for black women to act as safe spaces for their bodies. Also, its important to remember that just because a person is obese doesn’t mean that they’re unhealthy, and so, these stats don’t mean much.
stfu-hang-up.gif