Obesity rates by Race and Gender

King Poetic

A.K.A. Curve
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
That doesn't explain why BW are so much fatter than BM if they both live in the same "black neighborhoods". :stopitslime:

Brehs would be in the same "food deserts", with no gym within 5 miles, and shootouts/fights at the community center yet they're still on average half as obese as brehettes. :usure:

Cause we busy staying in shape running from the cops and opps

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
This isn't that surprising. All men are usually more physically active than women.

Agreed, but notice how large the disparity between black men and women is versus all the other groups: 8%, 0%, and 5% vs. 18 for blacks. :usure:

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Its because of fatphobia, and with how racism and fatphobia are intertwined. I’ve seen more than a few black women, on TikTok and various other forms of social media, recount their negative experiences at these gyms. These gyms are littered with fatphobes who make disparaging remarks about black women’s bodies. Black female bodies are often unfairly critiqued, abused, and made fun of. The gym is yet another space where these types of things happen. It causes a lot of black women to shy away from even entering a gym. Its really sick. In a perfect world we’d have gyms specifically for black women to act as safe spaces for their bodies. Also, its important to remember that just because a person is obese doesn’t mean that they’re unhealthy, and so, these stats don’t mean much.

Data means something but without background information, folks on here will assume shyt.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I know jamaicans and haitians have no problem have no problem calling someone 'big hooman" or "gwo fanm" which means big woman in patois and kreyol respectively. And that threshold usually starts when a woman reaches the 180 lbs limit. In america we have people referring to 300 lbs woman as "thick"

Oh, you meant "grosse femme"??! I had to sound it out, im never gonna learn kreyol. :snoop:

That doesn't explain why BW are so much fatter than BM if they both live in the same "black neighborhoods". :stopitslime:

Brehs would be in the same "food deserts", with no gym within 5 miles, and shootouts/fights at the community center yet they're still on average half as obese as brehettes. :usure:

:patrice: But it does, tho. Im no fitness expert (or fattie coddler), but dont women collect fat differently from men? Due to testosterone?

I love the same coma-inducing foods that is considered soul food, but I also want to enjoy a full life.
:comeon: Healthy soul food is a thing, i cook it several times a week. We not doing this ados foodways slander. If you need a recipe, just say that.

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Disgusting portable earthquakes
Anyone encouraging this with body positivity crap or she thick crap is a fukking biological terrorist
Portable earthquakes tho... :mjlol:
I don't think it's pure laziness.

What for example, makes black women as a group lazier than white women or black men?

Hair, a lot of styles aren't conducive to being maintained if they are constantly getting sweated out. I wish more black women would rock their naturally textured hair.

Diet, love me some soul food...but I can’t personally eat it but a few times a year.

Culture; conflating thick with fat. Gotta call a spade a spade. A lot of these women folks say are thick or have a fat ass are just plain fat.

Son Goku

Daps
:patrice: But it does, tho. Im no fitness expert (or fattie coddler), but dont women collect fat differently from men? Due to testosterone?

Assuming that true, why aren't there more obese brehs?

Why is their an 18% difference between brehs and brehettes not not nearly such a large gap between the other races?
Testosterone can't be the answer since them other races' dudes have test too. :usure:

Son Goku

Daps
Intraworkout is nicely frozen so Imma head out to the gym right now.

I already know I can't throw a clip without hitting a cac, a gym PAWG, or a breh once I'm there. Hispanics will be in that bytch too. Bet my next check I won't see any Indian folks and I'll prolly see five or fewer brehettes in that bytch in 2½, 3 hours I'm there for.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Assuming that true, why aren't there more obese brehs?

Why is their an 18% difference between brehs and brehettes not not nearly such a large gap between the other races?
Testosterone can't be the answer since them other races' dudes have test too. :usure:
:yeshrug: Ok, just curious and i figured yall would know.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Intraworkout is nicely frozen so Imma head out to the gym right now.

I already know I can't throw a clip without hitting a cac, a gym PAWG, or a breh once I'm there. Hispanics will be in that bytch too. Bet my next check I won't see any Indian folks and I'll prolly see five or fewer brehettes in that bytch in 2½, 3 hours I'm there for.

It's a fact bro.
I go to the gym 6 days a week. I have seen Black women in my gym twice that I can think of: one was an overweight chick and I'm like :salute:

The other was a clearly young chick that "doesn't need to work out" due to her youth, and of course she was doing those weird exercises that have nothing to do with building strength. You know the ones :comeon::Tim:

Haven't seen either of them since.

RARI_Godwind

St. BAWGustine - DarkSkxxxn
Daps
First Japanese girl I dated back in college had an ABSOLUTE WAGON son. :blessed:

Face was kinda on the hit side, ngl. But she was attractive enough that her ass took her over the top.

I got so many experiences with actual PAAGs, you'd think I'm lying. Y'all, it's 2022-- keep believing Black women the only ones with ass, and stay sleep lmao
I’ve eaten :eat:SEA

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS

:unimpressed:

Kale that taste like collard greens with pot liquor

Kale (full grown, not 'baby,' i like glory greens)
Salt
pepper
Sugar
Any neutral oil

Saute on medium high heat until wilted(+approx 5 min if you want the pot liquor effect), season to taste.

(I suggest you add salt and pepper, taste, then add sugar .5 tsp at a time. Taste and stop when its right.)