Obesity rates by Race and Gender

King Poetic

A.K.A. Curve
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
Go to every black neighborhood in almost every state and what u see

Fast food spots, stores with a boatload of chips, sweets, bad selection of food to choose from and not a gym within 5 miles . You can’t workout at the community center because nikkas are shooting and fighting up there..

Go to white/Asian communities healthy options and gyms and programs at their community centers for a healthy lifestyle..

But all in all it starts with self

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't feed the troll, isn't it strange how dudes like this show up whenever we have interesting discussions that speak on a truth which frames Black people in a positive light?

You joined this site in 2019. I've been here since 2012. Do a little research on my history. I've been trying to educate you lost negroes for a decade plus now. There's nothing positive about being the entertainment to white supremacy.

We lag behind whites in almost every socio-economic category because we have internalized the tropes of white supremacy but rather than freeing our people from this you would rather celebrate being their jesters?

Morpheus wasn't lying when he said most people don't want to be free but rather want to stay plugged in the Matrix.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
That's a legitimate scientific study. Here's link summarizing it: What Happens When You Believe You're Taking Steroids

Also the same holds true for intelligence tests. In another experiment black and white students were told they were taking a test to guage their intelligence. The white students ended up scoring much higher than the black students. They gave the students the same test but this time they were told it was NOT a test of their intelligence. The white students scored the same as they did on the earlier test. The black students however saw a substantial increase. Simply telling black students that their intelligence is being tested causes them to score lower on a test. More evidence showing the power of belief. If you believe you are less intelligent then you will be. Just as if you think you are getting steroids you will get steroid like results.

At the end of the day it's all about what you believe.
We are talking about DNA and muscle fiber not training regiments and studying, many placebo experiments find that people have a higher ceiling than they originally thought but that isn't what we were talking about. You conflated physical genetic averages with psychology for some reason.
:beli:
There was also a study with anti depressants and while the patients reported positive results there was a sharp decrease in effectiveness after a few months while those who took actual antidepressants stayed stable for much longer. Children are also much more receptive to placebos which says more about placebo experiments than it does about the mind.

Why don't any of these studies give the same patient the placebo and then later the steroid? hmm.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
??????????????????????????????????????????????????

We talking about fat nikkas and youre turning this into some Sa-Neter type shyt.

Relax bro

You do know black people used to shun any discussions regarding racial supremacy? Because most of these stereotypes were extremely negative towards us and destructive. Anytime I read discussions like that I think of white supremacist using it to justify slavery and treatment of black people are purely physical labor.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
You do know black people used to shun any discussions regarding racial supremacy? Because most of these stereotypes were extremely negative towards us and destructive. Anytime I read discussions like that I think of white supremacist using it to justify slavery and treatment of black people are purely physical labor.
Being on average predisposed to something doesn't make you superior altogether.

King Poetic

A.K.A. Curve
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
Yall in here bashing black women yet almost every thread with a BBW or 1 cheeseburger away chick got 100 post saying how thats yall type and how yall would smash.
:heh:

Yeah… nikkas need to stopped telling these fat bonnet wearing hoes that they thick just because u want to bust a nut or need a place to sleep..

Daps
Reppin
NULL
We are talking about DNA and muscle fiber not training regiments and studying, many placebo experiments find that people have a higher ceiling than they originally thought but that isn't what we were talking about. You conflated physical genetic averages with psychology for some reason.
:beli:
There was also a study with anti depressants and while the patients reported positive results there was a sharp decrease in effectiveness after a few months while those who took actual antidepressants stayed stable for much longer. Children are also much more receptive to placebos which says more about placebo experiments than it does about the mind.

Why don't any of these studies give the same patient the placebo and then later the steroid? hmm.

Actually in that experiment they told some of the placebo group they were taking a placebo and not a real steroid and almost immediately their muscle gains and strength decreased back to baseline. If as you say they were simply pushing themselves harder which led to steroid like gains then why did those gains dissappear almost immediately? Also you might wanna read that page more closely. The placebo group saw 7x gains after they were told they were getting steroids. No amount of training harder gets results like that. That's all mind over matter.

It's obvious you are a hard physicalist hence your apprehension on anything that goes against that ideology. I'll just leave you with this nugget. Go read up on the "delayed choice quantum eraser experiment ". If you want your entire worldview regarding the truth about the reality we inhabit shattered start there. The placebo effect is but scratching the surface on the true nature of reality.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Do PAAGs even really exist then? :jbhmm:

First Japanese girl I dated back in college had an ABSOLUTE WAGON son. :blessed:

Face was kinda on the hit side, ngl. But she was attractive enough that her ass took her over the top.

I got so many experiences with actual PAAGs, you'd think I'm lying. Y'all, it's 2022-- keep believing Black women the only ones with ass, and stay sleep lmao

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Being on average predisposed to something doesn't make you superior altogether.

No shyt. But it's exactly that logic which drove eugenics and white supremacy.

I can't believe I have to educate so called black people on this.

It's obvious I'm not actually discussing this topic with other black folk.

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
Its because of fatphobia, and with how racism and fatphobia are intertwined. I’ve seen more than a few black women, on TikTok and various other forms of social media, recount their negative experiences at these gyms. These gyms are littered with fatphobes who make disparaging remarks about black women’s bodies. Black female bodies are often unfairly critiqued, abused, and made fun of. The gym is yet another space where these types of things happen. It causes a lot of black women to shy away from even entering a gym. Its really sick. In a perfect world we’d have gyms specifically for black women to act as safe spaces for their bodies. Also, its important to remember that just because a person is obese doesn’t mean that they’re unhealthy, and so, these stats don’t mean much.
:snoop:

Daps
Minor note to make here. I agree with everything else except this word. You may not be using it correctly.

Visceral fat is entirely different concept than midsection fat. In anatomy, viscera are organs in the abdominopelvic cavity. As such, medically speaking, visceral fat is fat that surrounds individual organs, ( effectively hugging them )and is actually a leading cause of insulin resistance due to how the metabolism of those lipids affects the organs they are attached to.

Conversely, the build up of fat in midsection's adipose tissue is a separate thing entirely. In your original post, I think you meant to refer to subcutaneous fat deposits which would be the fat beaneath skin and often lines the midsection. As counterintuitive as this sounds, midsection fat is actually linked to healthier people, with a lower risk of insulin resistance and less diabetes but only if the fat is expressed on your midsection instead of on your visceral organs.

Link-> What causes the insulin resistance underlying obesity?

As a final note, lemme add that those Asians actually are healthier than us as black people based on their fat distribution. Our proportions are actually counterintuitive because our wider hips and larger frames lead to more visceral fat in addition to our more pronounced subcutaneous (midsection) fat. So Ming Lee and her fellow PAAGs do indeed look worse with fat, but they are also healthier with it than black women specifically because the fat goes straight to their mid-section. Thus, Thick women are actually not healthy. Skinny-ish black people are often not healthy either.

I apologize in advance if I went a little overboard with the post. I just find this stuff fascinating and I thought I could add value with the point on the word "visceral". i hope the message is received well.:whoa:
Always good when someone drops knowledge.

Only thing I'd say is that Asian is too broad a category and includes groups that are totally dissimilar. Chinese/Japanese, Indian/Pakistani, Vietnamese, Filipino, Samoans/Tongans etc., fall into that category...it would be interesting to see those broken down.

Cohiba Colby

Tech Billionaire
Daps
PAWGs in my area are literally built like Wonder Woman. Abs, defined legs, nice asses and real hair. It's really not even a contest. Not to mention they're so easy to approach. It's like fitness is definitely ingrained in their culture. I was never into blondes before, but they have the nicest bodies by far. I think it's to live up to the "blondes have more fun" stereotype.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
How many black dudes pointed to a woman and said she thick only for her to be fat? Ive had a couple fellas do that:hubie:

And dudes too scared to get thier women into some type of fitness activity.
I feel like the black community in America are afraid to say a woman is fat. Instead they use "thick" and all sorts of other words. That doesnt only applies to black americans, tho. Many if not MOST african and caribbean men may be attracted to a heavier woman and will refer to her as such (big, fat, heavy set, etc) but in American culture it's inappropriate to say that F word no matter what.

Overall, the article is probably based on the definition of "obese" based on the BMI which we know should not be used for people of african descent. It's mostly for the puny europeans.