Obesity rates by Race and Gender

broller

Veteran
Daps
Testosterone helps reduce obesity, all things equal. So it makes sense women have higher rates overall.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Its because of fatphobia, and with how racism and fatphobia are intertwined. I’ve seen more than a few black women, on TikTok and various other forms of social media, recount their negative experiences at these gyms. These gyms are littered with fatphobes who make disparaging remarks about black women’s bodies. Black female bodies are often unfairly critiqued, abused, and made fun of. The gym is yet another space where these types of things happen. It causes a lot of black women to shy away from even entering a gym. Its really sick. In a perfect world we’d have gyms specifically for black women to act as safe spaces for their bodies. Also, its important to remember that just because a person is obese doesn’t mean that they’re unhealthy, and so, these stats don’t mean much.
This shyt is not even close to true

I'm in the gym now with overweight people

Everybody is minding their fukkin business

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
NGL, I thought black men were gonna be #1 for men. It's a lot of fat nikkas out here. But then I remember how many 5'2 butterball brehitos & Midwest trailer trash are out here.

New Year's Day I was 5'11 310 :francis:been working my way down, I'm currently 254, I had gotten down to 231 but got too celebratory between April-June and ballooned back to 271. I got an old school momma that cook big soul food feasts every night, on top of that I was eating Wendy's & Chick-fil-A everyday on my lunch break. I started eating smaller portions, and swapped soda/juice for water and Powerade Zero. I literally cut down my daily calorie consumption by 40% when I stopped drinking sugary drinks.

On the flip side, I'm not helping the issue with black women's obesity rates.

:francis:

I love my women thick/chunky. If she weigh 180+ I'm diving all in it