Obesity rates by Race and Gender

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
What region do you live in?

I have a sneaky suspicion these numbers would vary from region to region of you broke it down like that

(Hint, 55% of black Americans live in the south)

shyt would be the same for me in in the South
(lived there my whole life). Been to commercisl and DOD gyms in at least half a dozen states in the last year and shyt is always the same:

PAWGs errywhere, brehs, crehs, spicy cacs and cacettes, then rice crehs and PAAGs. Black women are second to last only to Indiehs.
:stopitslime:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Its because of fatphobia, and with how racism and fatphobia are intertwined. I’ve seen more than a few black women, on TikTok and various other forms of social media, recount their negative experiences at these gyms. These gyms are littered with fatphobes who make disparaging remarks about black women’s bodies. Black female bodies are often unfairly critiqued, abused, and made fun of. The gym is yet another space where these types of things happen. It causes a lot of black women to shy away from even entering a gym. Its really sick. In a perfect world we’d have gyms specifically for black women to act as safe spaces for their bodies. Also, its important to remember that just because a person is obese doesn’t mean that they’re unhealthy, and so, these stats don’t mean much.
it's always funny watching people fall for your posts :dead:

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
Probably has more to do with diet than laziness like

Definitely laziness.... Most black men have terrible diets also.

I eat eggs and steaks multiple times per week and I'm probably gonna die from a heart attack in my 60s, but I stay on that treadmill everyday and I been an athlete since grade school so I still look good without much effort.

Superior African genetics..... you gotta be a dumbass to fumble these superior genetics.

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
Idk I seen fit black women in the army be considered obese because of the way they measure obesity by height and weight. Even the tape test was unfair to them because they got skinny neckswith big titties and fat asses. It’ll be some fat white boy pass the tape test because he got a wide neck. It’s really tough to know people’s body fat percentage without putting them in a pod to get the exact bfp.
stop it :comeon:

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
Nah this is actually true, I'm not saying BMI is racist like people have been the last year or so but it's definitely biased against some body types. Some people just get fat easier than others, its not a level playing field, especially the military example.
Ok man y'all got it I don't have the energy its 12:32 am. Eastern time

I go to the gym frequently and black women ain't really in there like that but I get what you're saying

Daps
It’s more acceptable for them to be fat. Growing up, women who were fat but not super obese were called “healthy”

Also black boys fukked with sports growing up.
This 100%.

Sistas that workout >>>>>>> all other races that workout BUT, sistas don't go as hard as the others do. White broads stay in the gym running, powerlifting, spin class...all that shyt. When they don't workout, they put on weight just like anyone else.

"Asian" is a bullshyt category because that includes everyone from Tongans and Samoans to Koreans, Vietnamese and Indians. Tongans/Samoans can carry a lot of weight and still be healthy. Indians are the exact opposite...they have the WOAT muscle tone and often have health issues if they aren't super lean. East Asian broads gain 10 lbs and it all goes to their gut.

Basically....Black women have the best genetics but live in a culture that doesn't push them to take advantage of it. Many will "workout" but it's rare to see a sista getting after it like Becky an 'em. The workout intensity isn't there...which defeats the whole purpose. Im talking regular broads not athletes and folks that had D1 track scholarships and shyt like that.. When I see a sista doing power cleans and deadlifts...it'll be the first time. Brehs AND brehettes gotta up the cardio too.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Its because of fatphobia, and with how racism and fatphobia are intertwined. I’ve seen more than a few black women, on TikTok and various other forms of social media, recount their negative experiences at these gyms. These gyms are littered with fatphobes who make disparaging remarks about black women’s bodies. Black female bodies are often unfairly critiqued, abused, and made fun of. The gym is yet another space where these types of things happen. It causes a lot of black women to shy away from even entering a gym. Its really sick. In a perfect world we’d have gyms specifically for black women to act as safe spaces for their bodies. Also, its important to remember that just because a person is obese doesn’t mean that they’re unhealthy, and so, these stats don’t mean much.
You biological terrorist:pacspit:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Definitely laziness.... Most black men have terrible diets also.

I eat eggs and steaks multiple times per week and I'm probably gonna die from a heart attack in my 60s, but I stay on that treadmill everyday and I been an athlete since grade school so I still look good without much effort.

Superior African genetics..... you gotta be a dumbass to fumble these superior genetics.
:childplease: Don't our genetics (west African) promote muscle growth and power? How does that help your argument? BMI mistakes muscle for fat which is what those studies use.