Obesity rates by Race and Gender

Cornershooter

Banned
Daps
Its because of fatphobia, and with how racism and fatphobia are intertwined. I’ve seen more than a few black women, on TikTok and various other forms of social media, recount their negative experiences at these gyms. These gyms are littered with fatphobes who make disparaging remarks about black women’s bodies. Black female bodies are often unfairly critiqued, abused, and made fun of. The gym is yet another space where these types of things happen. It causes a lot of black women to shy away from even entering a gym. Its really sick. In a perfect world we’d have gyms specifically for black women to act as safe spaces for their bodies. Also, its important to remember that just because a person is obese doesn’t mean that they’re unhealthy, and so, these stats don’t mean much.
Your mother and the other black women in your life has brainwashed you well :mjlol: .

Pacni99a12

All Star
Daps
The most genetically and athletically gifted group of women on the planet need "safe spaces" for their bodies?

Stop the trolling.... theyre the female versions of us.... theyre just lazy.
The gym I go to even when it's packed theres only a few black chicks there at a time. Prolly less than 5. All kind of brothers though. White chicks everywhere. A few more mixed chicks too

horizon

Veteran
Daps
Its because of fatphobia, and with how racism and fatphobia are intertwined. I’ve seen more than a few black women, on TikTok and various other forms of social media, recount their negative experiences at these gyms. These gyms are littered with fatphobes who make disparaging remarks about black women’s bodies. Black female bodies are often unfairly critiqued, abused, and made fun of. The gym is yet another space where these types of things happen. It causes a lot of black women to shy away from even entering a gym. Its really sick. In a perfect world we’d have gyms specifically for black women to act as safe spaces for their bodies. Also, its important to remember that just because a person is obese doesn’t mean that they’re unhealthy, and so, these stats don’t mean much.
You don't even like women, shut up

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
The gym I go to even when it's packed theres only a few black chicks there at a time. Prolly less than 5. All kind of brothers though. White chicks everywhere. A few more mixed chicks too

What region do you live in?

I have a sneaky suspicion these numbers would vary from region to region of you broke it down like that

(Hint, 55% of black Americans live in the south)

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
I know this is a troll post, but millions of people are suffering from obesity breh. High blood pressure and Diabetes stem from obesity, both of which can cause a multitude of problems like heart attack, stroke, kidney failure, losing limbs, blindness, etc. And then big pharma feeding them all types of chemicals to keep them alive. Some people got better genetics and their body holds up longer, but best believe most folks do make it past 55 being obese.

I know one lady who died of a heart attack who was obese. I know of another who got kidney failure and has to run dialysis 3 days a week for 4 hours
My masseuse is obese and wheelchair bound. She lives a full life. Thin people die every day. Everyone’s body is different, and everyone carries weight differently. That is my point.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
The most genetically and athletically gifted group of women on the planet need "safe spaces" for their bodies?

Stop the trolling.... theyre the female versions of us.... theyre just lazy.
I don't think it's pure laziness.

What for example, makes black women as a group lazier than white women or black men?

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
Lipstickalley and Twitter is thatta way get the fukk outta here with that lmao

Eastbmore

Man, money ain't got no owners.
Supporter
Daps
This ain't it

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
What for example, makes black women as a group lazier than white women or black men?

Its like having a ferrari and never going to the shop.... letting everything go to waste.... never getting an oil change, etc.

Like I said before - theyre the female versions of us.

There is no reason that black women should be the flabbiest women in America.

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idk I seen fit black women in the army be considered obese because of the way they measure obesity by height and weight. Even the tape test was unfair to them because they got skinny neckswith big titties and fat asses. It’ll be some fat white boy pass the tape test because he got a wide neck. It’s really tough to know people’s body fat percentage without putting them in a pod to get the exact bfp.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Its like having a ferrari and never going to the shop.... letting everything go to waste.... never getting an oil change, etc.

Like I said before - theyre the female versions of us.

There is no reason that black women should be the flabbiest women in America.
Probably has more to do with diet than laziness like @Kyle C. Barker said over half of Black women live in the south, the flabbiest portion of the US.