NYC is the GOAT melting pot for Black ethnicities

Daps
Reppin
NULL
But according to some people here Africans don't live in the same neighborhoods with Black Americans.

As soon as an African immigrant steps off the plane he is somehow able to afford a house in a rich White neighborhood.
This is false. Africans is all up and through Harlem and Booming in the Bronx and live near AA.

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
So basically only western part of africa

I've almost never seen an East African in NYC. I can only recall seeing one woman who had to be Habesha. She was older, but so dark and beautiful, that I almost followed her around the grocery store

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Blamerican or nothin..wtf is a Black Latino :mjlol:
U can’t be serious. Me...u brain dead fool. This is why it benefits to be from nyc. This close minded ignorance, not being exposed to various cultures and aspects of. Not being enlightened. Lack of any awareness or knowledge. I’m so glad that I was raised in nyc ... your parents failed and you presently fail yourself.

There are Afro Panamanian, Dominican, etc. nyc opens up so many different experiences.

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
U can’t be serious. Me...u brain dead fool. This is why it benefits to be from nyc. This close minded ignorance, not being exposed to various cultures and aspects of. Not being enlightened. Lack of any awareness or knowledge. I’m so glad that I was raised in nyc ... your parents failed and you presently fail yourself.
bytch fukk u

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
Its dope.

I never ran into the tribal fukkery till I came on the coli.

Thats just some bozo internet shyt to me.

I love all my brehs from all over the globe.

Grew up with different cultures since I was in diapers.

If youre still on that tribal shyt.. I feel bad for u.... U must live in Wisconsin or some shyt

In NYC, shyt is different

Its beautiful.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I can’t even explain or start with my experiences in this city. I could write novels off this. It’s the emotional connection, physical connection, lifestyle, cultures. All factored in to develop myself as a person. NYC is iconic. Living in a multicultural environment helped to make me receptive and open to different people and walks of life. I never felt stifled in my development or creativity ny is an aura, not just a place to me.

This thread reminds of The Humans of New York think pieces.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I started to notice alot more when i'm talking with someone who is WI or African or Afro Latino and they ask specifically where my family is from and I say "I'm straight American"...the responses is always (from men and women) "Oh you're a Yankee" or "oh...you're just regular black huh" while they laugh or roll their eyes.
Your hanging around the wrong type of people. My family is very diverse throughout the black, Afro -Latino, Afro Caribbean diaspora and I was always brought up to embrace my racial cultural identity and not feel differences off my “mixed” black and Dominican ancestry. Not to have a demeaning mindset bc aa encompasses all of us. That’s what my father, my brothers and grandfather taught. No one that I know would align with that. Regular black? Never heard that in a conversation before . Those are fighting words - that’s nothing something to take lightly

Daps
Boston is very underrated when it comes to diaspora representation

honestly, living here as an AA, i feel like an outsider whenever around other blacks who are mostly 1st, and 2nd gens something else.

I mean i get along with everyone, but the cultural differences are there.
I started to notice alot more when i'm talking with someone who is WI or African or Afro Latino and they ask specifically where my family is from and I say "I'm straight American"...the responses is always (from men and women) "Oh you're a Yankee" or "oh...you're just regular black huh" while they laugh or roll their eyes.
What a mess :mjlol:

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Its dope.

I never ran into the tribal fukkery till I came on the coli.

Thats just some bozo internet shyt to me.

I love all my brehs from all over the globe.

Grew up with different cultures since I was in diapers.

If youre still on that tribal shyt.. I feel bad for u.... U must live in Wisconsin or some shyt

In NYC, shyt is different

Its beautiful.
No it's not, shyt was real for me growing up, but it wasn't some gang type shyt just slick talking.

A lot of passive aggressive shyt, but because most are not living high on the hog, we have no choice but to be cordial with each other. lol

Maybe because you are from Queens your experience is different, but I grew up in Brooklyn in the heart of the islands(flatbush) so I saw the good, and the bad. Everyone is trying to come up, but because NYC is very segregated, most don't really know the other side, they just dreaming. I knew someone who lived on the upper west side with the real rich people, so I saw how they really act, and what was done behind closed doors. Then I used to work in an investment bank, and dealt with people who made millions, so my views on NYC changed from most other blacks, latins.

We see NYC as an image, they see it as a hustlers paradise, and a place to get real money due to all the people. They take that money, and most don't even live there, they just make the money there. If they do, best believe they have other properties somewhere else. I used to see us praise NYC out of town, when most of us couldn't even afford to do the things NYC is praised for, we would do our own things. I love my home, but as I got older I realized, a major the reason why blacks & latins don't really come up using the NYC money is because for some reason we get stuck on image, and not using the city what it was made for, TO GET MONEY! Then leave, while still getting money there.

i think everyone should experience the city for a few years, but if you about getting paper, and passing it down or living good when you get older with no debts, NYC aint it for the average black or latin. You go there with a goal, not to party, and say you live in NYC.

Last edited: