NYC is the GOAT melting pot for Black ethnicities

Off the Onion

No tolerance for the fatherless
Daps
Outside of the africans, Florida got all of that. More Haitians here than in NY. Same for the latinos I believe but the south-west and west coast got the most obviously.

Yes but this more cohesiveness in NYC it just is what it is a lot of these groups look at each other down here like:mjpls::mjpls:

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
I started to notice alot more when i'm talking with someone who is WI or African or Afro Latino and they ask specifically where my family is from and I say "I'm straight American"...the responses is always (from men and women) "Oh you're a Yankee" or "oh...you're just regular black huh" while they laugh or roll their eyes.
I don't see how y'all do it. fukk does that even mean? I would catch a charge behind some shyt like that.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
I started to notice alot more when i'm talking with someone who is WI or African or Afro Latino and they ask specifically where my family is from and I say "I'm straight American"...the responses is always (from men and women) "Oh you're a Yankee" or "oh...you're just regular black huh" while they laugh or roll their eyes.
Don't take it personal, they do that because they think they made it because they live in NYC. The reality is most are struggling to live there! lol

Its all ego, because as soon as they get a chance to move somewhere that stretches their money, they do it.

I used to let it get to me, but you start realizing there is HUGE narcissism with a lot of them, and that means their lives are full of problems, they just hide it with fronting on how good they are doing, but a lot are "robbing peter to pay paul", and LOOK like they are doing well. Just be careful, because if you are doing well, and happy, they will try to attach to you to get in your business. Until they prove they are good people, trust no one! Take it or leave it, but it will protect you from gossip, and lies, they look down on you, so they will find reasons to show why you aint shyt as a black american. Don't see anyone as a black person, and that means your brother, just look at them as competition. Once you do that, you realize who understands the NYC rat race, and who doesn't, so they believe they truly made it when they didn't.

Its good to go down south, so you can see black people aren't the bullshyt the media, and ignorant foreigners try to push. Also, try to get around some black latins, as they tend to not be as bad with the competition as other black foreigners, except for some dominicans, and females.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Don't take it personal, they do that because they think they made it because they live in NYC. The reality is most are struggling to live there! lol

Its all ego, because as soon as they get a chance to move somewhere that stretches their money, they do it.

I used to let it get to me, but you start realizing there is HUGE narcissism with a lot of them, and that means their lives are full of problems, they just hide it with fronting on how good they are doing, but a lot are "robbing peter to pay paul", and LOOK like they are doing well. Just be careful, because if you are doing well, and happy, they will try to attach to you to get in your business. Until they prove they are good people, trust no one! Take it or leave it, but it will protect you from gossip, and lies, they look down on you, so they will find reasons to show why you aint shyt as a black american. Don't see anyone as a black person, and that means your brother, just look at them as competition. Once you do that, you realize who understands the NYC rat race, and who doesn't, so they believe they truly made it when they didn't.

Its good to go down south, so you can see black people aren't the bullshyt the media, and ignorant foreigners try to push. Also, try to get around some black latins, as they tend to not be as bad with the competition as other black foreigners, except for some dominicans, and females.
I mean I don't want to come across as if I have beef with anyone...I get along with blacks of all back grounds fine.

No one has ever held it against me from what I can tell. My girl is Bajan, the one before that was Jamaican and I was talking to a Trini chick before that--and a good Nigerian friend and I are going to watch the Russia/Coatia game tomorrow. I grew up in Philly just around AAs, so my circles have changed alot since moving to ny but once I got here...i definitely could see that "black" isn't just "black" like some people may think that it is. You can feel like an outsider amongst your own--and still feel more comfortable with them than being in a majoirty white setting.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
I mean I don't want to come across as if I have beef with anyone...I get along with blacks of all back grounds fine.

No one has ever held it against me from what I can tell. My girl is Bajan, the one before that was Jamaican and I was talking to a Trini chick before that--and a good Nigerian friend and I are going to watch the Russia/Coatia game tomorrow. I grew up in Philly just around AAs, so my circles have changed alot since moving to ny but once I got here...i definitely could see that "black" isn't just "black" like some people may think that it is. You can feel like an outsider amongst your own--and still feel more comfortable with them than being in a majoirty white setting.
I'm not saying they are the "ops", I'm saying if you just assume they understand your place in this society because you're black, you are going to being for a rude awakening!

This means when its time to go for certain jobs, you might not get hired because you are black american, and its from another black person, not a white one. You might think you can date another black person in peace, but there is a strong chance some in her family will oppose it.

Now, the way to combat this is just by using the truth. When you can put a mirror to them, and show their faults, it kills everything. When you can use your history in this country, and show how you are a part of the only group who fought against racism, and made strides, it kills their talking points. When you show them that they are emulating your people, that kills it also. Some will be mad at you, but they know they can't play that shyt with you, I'm telling you what I did growing up around them in Brooklyn. After that you will get respect, but that doesn't mean shyt will change all together. Its 2018, and we are still having this conversation, so that tells you something is wrong somewhere. You would think after stop'n'frisk happening for over a decade, blacks, and latins, would wake up to see how they are seen, but we still try to separate.

fukk it, get your NYC money, and go somewhere else to live like a king, that is the goal. Unless you are single, it would not be smart to live in NYC for the rest of your life. Your house/condo may be worth a lot of money, but once you sell it, now you are starting from scratch because ALL of the real estate costs a lot. If you keep it, you might make things work, but even then there are other things you have to adjust to. Again, NYC is made to get your money, then use that money to get more money, and live peaceful.