NYC is the GOAT melting pot for Black ethnicities

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Those areas aren't in the dmv

Richmond is like two hours away from d.c., and Hampton is way out to the east coast of virginia near Virginia beach

I know one thing, the D.C. area has a lot of talent, but that IDK kid, is NICE!

He's from PG , and rep it all the time

You know about him?

IDK is my fukking nikka!!!! :blessed:

He’s my most favorite rapper from PG and the DMV in general!! I swear Maryland nikkas, especially PG are running this DMV rap shyt better than anyone else. IDK got a good chemistry when it comes to being funny, menacing, slick, and serious at the same time. The fact that IWASVERYBAD got promoted by Adult Swim :mjcry::wow:

I identify with his music more so than the Q Da Fools, Shabazz, Lil Dudes, and Goonews of PG rap music. Hell he’s not even just rap music to me, his shyt is definitely Hip Hop.

And he versatile too, holding his own while riding on Trap beats or Boom Bap beats.

S/O to Riverdale Park for producing one of the greatest rappers out this bytch :salute:

That freestyle was all types of :scust::whew:

Last edited:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
This is on the money. People tend to forget that PG is a pretty big county with a population bigger than San Francisco (with nearly 600k of that 900k+ county residents being Black) and a land area as big as the City of Los Angeles. Sometimes it’s like two worlds in one county frfr....Inner Beltway PG is mostly working class and lower middle class and blue collar and is where 90% of the hoods in the county are; has more available public transit options; the part of the county that feels and looks more visually and culturally ‘urban’; more visual poverty; violent crime, theft, and armed robbery are a daily reality; abundant food deserts and retail deserts (some exceptions like National Harbor, Hyattsville/UTC area, Greenbelt, etc.); a shyt ton of carryouts; smaller and older houses and a lot of old apartment buildings; more sidewalks; the PG accent is strongest here; and is practically the cultural heart of the county....Outer Beltway PG is more mid-tier to upper middle class to old money wealthy and nouveau riche; more white collar and wealthy; generally much bigger houses, nicer condos, more modern apartments, very large estates, and huge townhouses; greener and more suburban and/or country in character; got a few hoods but outside of those, it’s either wannabes or random complexes accepting Section 8 vouchers; nicer looking and better maintained whips; the PG accent can be heard here but it’s more subtle at times; crime mostly involves property crime, burglary, and auto theft; somewhat better dining and retail options but this side of the county isn’t a stranger to deserts in some parts surprisingly; public transit access is either trash or pretty much non-existent; the carryouts become more hit or miss; etc.
School system trash on both sides lol.

It’s basically two different worlds within one county.[/Q

Thx for these details, good info!

Quick question - you said the schools on both sides are trash. Why do you think that is? That’s odd to me bc we associate the middle -upper class with better schools. There are the upper class and more wealthier black neighborhoods. I would think they have more resources and financial means to invest in the educational system; then the more impoverished areas closer to the beltway could benefit bc they’re adjacent (within the same county). They have the same school board. That’s just my simple way of thinking; I’m not too familiar tho.

badtguy

Superstar
Daps

Quick question - you said the schools on both sides are trash. Why do you think that is? That’s odd to me bc we associate the middle -upper class with better schools. There are the upper class and more wealthier black neighborhoods. I would think they have more resources and financial means to invest in the educational system; then the more impoverished areas closer to the beltway could benefit bc they’re adjacent (within the same county). They have the same school board. That’s just my simple way of thinking; I’m not too familiar tho.

:wow:Black people shyt- aint no excuses in PG county. sometimes we just do shyt ass backwards

Imma always live here tho:troll:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD

Quick question - you said the schools on both sides are trash. Why do you think that is? There are the upper class and more wealthier black neighborhoods. I would think they have more resources and financial means to invest in the educational system; then the more impoverished areas closer to the beltway could benefit bc they’re adjacent (within the same county). They have the same school board. That’s just my simple way of thinking; I’m not too familiar tho.

Property taxes, those have always been the bane of PGCPS. Mo County, Howard County, and Fairfax County enjoy greater appreciation of their property taxes and as a result, they tend to get better amenities (and more adequate funding for their public school systems) than PG County. Our property taxes have finally begun to experience some degree of growth because my county was hurt BAD during the Great Recession more than half a decade ago and it took our real estate market a long ass while to recover and recouperate any type of gains. A lot of us in PG got a lil too greedy in the housing bubble and that contributed to screwing up the property tax rate. Granted, we’ve been had this issue with the property taxes for a long while since PGCPS wasn’t that good even before the recession but that and of course, the crime rate (which is high for a suburban area) and the stigma of such that has long had a hand in keeping the public school system mediocre. Me and my sister are products of PGCPS but my lil brother has been attending Montessori school since 1st grade.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
So def alot of haitians were fronting like Jamaicans back in the day.

FACTS
Ja-fake-ans
Back in the day, if you met somebody who said that they were "Caribbean" or "West Indian" rather than identifying the country/nationality..........they were Haitian, 9 times out of ten.

People bothered Haitians but they didn't bother Jamaicans, so some Haitians were false flagging.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Property taxes, those have always been the bane of PGCPS. Mo County, Howard County, and Fairfax County enjoy greater appreciation of their property taxes and as a result, they tend to get better amenities (and more adequate funding for their public school systems) than PG County. Our property taxes have finally begun to experience some degree of growth because my county was hurt BAD during the Great Recession more than half a decade ago and it took our real estate market a long ass while to recover and recouperate any type of gains. A lot of us in PG got a lil too greedy in the housing bubble and that contributed to screwing up the property tax rate. Granted, we’ve been had this issue with the property taxes for a long while since PGCPS wasn’t that good even before the recession but that and of course, the crime rate (which is high for a suburban area) and the stigma of such that has long had a hand in keeping the public school system mediocre. Me and my sister are products of PGCPS but my lil brother has been attending Montessori school since 1st grade.

There's also a fair bit of mismanagement and incompetence on the PGCPS' board. Again, part of it comes back to property taxes in PG. The property tax base in PG country is very low when compared to MoCO, HoCO or Fairfax. I think part of it is lower home ownership rates compared to the aforementioned counties. Couple that with a very large population and you have a recipe for disaster.

With that, many concerned parents elect to pull their kids from public schools and go private. I went to college in the area and most of the kids I met from PG county went to private high schools for a better education. There was one dude who went to DuVal High (like the worst school in the county) and him even making it to the college I attended was considered an accomplishment.

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
There’s a lot of black Central Americans in NYC. The Garifuna Hondurans are deep here, there’s a good size Belizean population, as well as a lot of Afro Panamanians and Costa Ricans.

I meant the type of Central Americans that you come across in Miami are not the type of Central Americans that you come across in NYC in my experience. Hondurans & Panamanians are actually a good example of this, came across more of them in NYC than Miami; but I came across way more Belizeans in Miami :manny: and also people like Nicaraguans etc. that I never met anywhere else.

Edit: I lived in Harlem and Washington Heights then Coney Island for a spell

Last edited:

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: when I be in NY I just hear NY accents and slang by boroughs/ section of the city.

Literally I just know a bk, bx, harlem, queens nikkas just by mannerism. I dont even think if a nikka is AA, west indian, or African fr fr.
When shyt goes left you hear these nikkas saying im from brooklyn, queenz, bx, harlem not jamaica, ghana, trinidad or nigeria

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
Does anyone here from DC or MD can tell me about Montgomery County? I’m only familiar with DC and PG

Moco imo is similar to PG depending on area silver spring beltsville(places that border DC/PG), the same demographics that are present in PG are present in Moco except there are much more white people and el savadorians in moco. Also Moco people dont have a "PG/DC" accent- they talk proper as fukk unless they lived in DC/PG.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
IDK is my fukking nikka!!!! :blessed:

He’s from my most favorite rapper from PG and the DMV in general!! I swear Maryland nikkas, especially PG are running this DMV rap shyt better than anyone else. IDK got a good chemistry when it comes to being funny, menacing, slick, and serious at the same time. The fact that IWASVERYBAD got promoted by Adult Swim :mjcry::wow:

I identify with his music more so than the Q Da Fools, Shabazz, Lil Dudes, and Goonews of PG rap music. Hell he’s not even just rap music to me, his shyt is definitely Hip Hop.

And he versatile too, holding his own while riding on Trap beats or Boom Bap beats.

S/O to Riverdale Park for producing one of the greatest rappers out this bytch :salute:

That freestyle was all types of :scust::whew:

He been hustling for a minute, and finally getting his just due. If he keeps going, he is gonna be up there with the stars as far as being well known, and respected.

He is that NICE!

He's African descent, so once other African find out, they really gonna push him!

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
He or she was from the Eastern Shore? I really don’t know what kinda distinct “urban” culture they got out there and I’ve been going to school at UMES since 2016. They seem to do their own thing for the most part.

Yup, he was from the eastern shore and went to Queen Anne’s County high school. Tbh idk much about their ‘urban’ culture because they definitely do their own thing and when it comes to MD aside from PG & Mo County I’m more familiar with the western shore (Bmore, Annapolis, Arundel) and southern maryland.

But good for you! UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND EASTERNNNNN SHOREEEEEEEEEEEEE

Last edited: