NYC is the GOAT melting pot for Black ethnicities

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
As someone who lived in mad different sides of Brooklyn as an African American, the most I’ve ever gotten is a chicks mom might say “oh u a yankee”, which isn’t an insult... All this other shyt about nikkas rolling they eyes at us and trying to stay away from us when we live exclusively in the same areas simply is not true. They don’t look down on us, they don’t keep their kids away from us.

When you grow up here, being Black is a universal concept (as it should be). A nikka saying he Jamaican or Grenadian is basically like saying he a Lakers fan, it’s not something that divides us.. When you go on the parkway for Labor Day with your American flag, nobody looks twice... When I got hit up in 2014 it was an old ass Grenadian lady that ran downstairs and helped me, got blood all on her and shyt.. she didn’t ask me where my grandparents come from.

If a nikka tells you NYC has some kind of ethnic rivalry or separation between AA, Africans & West Indians then he’s lying, point blank period,

The only thing I WILL say is that Immigrants tend to not understand why we claim American given our history

Only exception is nikkas getting at Haitians but that’s something else.
I lived in Brooklyn for a far shorter time and there wasn't a BIG RIVALRY thing but there was definitely little funny shyt between folks w/ AA parents and those of West Indian descent. Yes, people intermix, fukk around, live together, be in the same cliques...but there was always some lil funniness, at least in my opinion.
Then again, I'm not a NYer and I don't agree with/like some of y'all cultural norms and standards.
Been to more than one Jamaican party...it was all good but it wasn't "all good"...
Meanwhile, in DC...totally different story in an AA dominant environment. The flag waving is there but much more subtle and low until the caribbean carnival.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Growing up, experiencing all Black cultures was a blessing :wow:

Walking in the 5 boroughs, you see all the different languages and accents all over

From the Caribbeans (Jamaica, Trinidad, Haitian, Greneda, Guyanese, Antigua, etc)

To the Black Americans

To the Africans (Nigeria, Ghana, Senegal, Mali, Congo, etc etc)

To the Black Latinos (Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Brazilians, Costa Ricans, Panamanians, etc)

And the food :whew:

I thought everywhere in America was like this as a kid growing up. Guess I was spoiled :mjgrin:

Washington DC is the only place that I would put 2nd on a place like this. Houston would be 3rd IMO

Yea if you are a black man whose into the diaspora than NYC is the GOAT city for real.

The Northeast in general just has a diverse black community. Boston, NJ and Philly aren’t sleepers either.

Not going to lie before traveling to my first city when I was like 13 I thought it was odd being in a city like Chicago where 9 out of the 10 blacks I met were African American.

Simply because I’m used to sitting in rooms where you’ll meet black people from like 10-15 countries in like one class room!

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
:ehh:

i never knew - gotta bunch of family in richmond, hampton areas etc. & i never heard them claim DC
but those places aren't in the north

:yeshrug:
That’s correct...Richmond or Hampton is not considered Northern Virginia.... Richmond is the southern part.... Hampton is the Tidewater Area. Northern Va is considered Woodbridge, Arlington, Alexandria. When people say DMV it’s dc. Md and northern va... like that’s their “tri state area”.. similarly it conn., ny. Nj. Just like southern jersey (Willingboro and further south) is not the same as Newark or Jersey City.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Outside of the africans, Florida got all of that. More Haitians here than in NY. Same for the latinos I believe but the south-west and west coast got the most obviously.

Yes you can add Florida to the list as well.

A few things about Florida.

1.) there caribbean community isn’t as diverse as NYC but y’all got a sizeable Bahamian community. People from the Bahamas are super super rare in NYC.

I only met one my whole life and she was part Jamaican.

Similar to Belizean people who mostly reside in California!

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Not denying that. My dad's clan is Baltimore( his dad) and North Carolina (his mom) But it didn't stop him from getting with my mom who has bajan panaminan and trini ancestry. All I'm saying is we used to have solidarity .

:whoa: nothing wrong with that. What Im pointing out is that afram's, Americaness can and should never be questioned/debated by anyone, including a good deal of white americans. So when aframs as you put it "defend america," I wouldn't look at it as thinking as or using cac rhetoric.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I've almost never seen an East African in NYC. I can only recall seeing one woman who had to be Habesha. She was older, but so dark and beautiful, that I almost followed her around the grocery store

You’ll find more Ethiopian restaurants in NYC than actual Ethiopian people :francis:

The only girl I met who was Ethiopian who lived in Crown Heights was actually a transplant from DC who moved to NYC to pursue acting :ehh:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Lol at “constantly” I praised Jews one time :deadmanny:

Nicole is a Cac name too:stopitslime:

And that’s dope that your proud of your Latina roots, you’re in the perfect city. I’ll stick to my own though. I bow down to no other race because we some soldiers where I’m from. Meanwhile nikkas in certain other cities have videos of them getting put to sleep by racist white boys couldn’t be me

That’s ignorant af.... I know a lot women with my name of all races. Last time I checked, I didn’t name myself.... I mean, that happens at birth...I’m not the smartest woman in the world but fetuses and 1 day old babies don’t have input into their own names or discussions with their parents, unless u know something I don’t. You’re username is by choice ...you chose that name of some cac pretzel twister.

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
I agree, but should we really parrot them? Is that smart? We know we don't fukk with sand cacs. Great, but are we taking on the thought processes of oppressors?

Hope you included ATL in that little list.
If we have mutual sentiments then it's not exactly parroting is it?

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
If you are absorbing cac rhetoric you are already worrying what they think. I'm saying a house divided can't stand AA, WI, AL, Africa. We a nikka to the cops and cacs. If soneone try play you, check em, but I'm half AA , Half WI. I've seen good and bad, but I won't abandon either side when their is work to be done. Most WI are totally ignorant of AA history and struggle. I mentioned before my attempts to educate them.
And ATL blacks have a gay and tranny problem. Stop defelecting.
Most of those gay's and trannies are probably transplants from your neck of the woods. Claim the south is behind but then turn around and claim the south leads in progressive fakkitism brehs.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
Yea if you are a black man whose into the diaspora than NYC is the GOAT city for real.

The Northeast in general just has a diverse black community. Boston, NJ and Philly aren’t sleepers either.

Not going to lie before traveling to my first city when I was like 13 I thought it was odd being in a city like Chicago where 9 out of the 10 blacks I met were African American.

Simply because I’m used to sitting in rooms where you’ll meet black people from like 10-15 countries in like one class room!

This is exactly why i can't leave the tri-state, every classroom i've been in were full of blacks from different backgrounds including AA. :whew:

That's part of why i'm hesistant to apply to grad programs down South that i've been looking at recently, you don't see that same diversity down there that there is up here.:francis: