NXT Revamp; New Theme and logo revealed; Samoa Joe relinquishes NXT Championship

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
this is a whole twitter thread but this tweet stuck out to me the most

Here's a transcription of the Twitter thread I found on reddit:

1. Holy crap does tonight's WOR open with the bleakest possible NXT news. Nothing that will shock anyone based on this week but Dave clearly has first-hand details he didn't yesterday and...oh boy.
  2. Dave says HHH and HBK did not pick the NXT cuts. Vince, Prichard and Laurenaitis did. NXT lost the war and they're going to change, back toward an older style of development. Big guys, young guys
  3. Dave says there are divisive opinions about wrestling among the people in WWE and this is who has Vince's ear this week. They're going back to pre-fighting AEW, pre-"Let's out indie the indies" NXT, Dave says the Curtis Axel era of NXT
  4. Dave was given exact wording, doesn't say from who but seems like a company source or memo. Reads it off. "No more midgets. No one starting in their 30s. :laff:They want people who can be box office attractions and main characters."
  5. To be clear, that quoted part in the previous tweet is the thing from a source Dave read off. The LITERAL WORDING was "No more midgets". WOO WE'RE TURNING THE CLOCKS BACK 20 YEARS BABY.
  6. Dave notes there will always be exceptions to the rule, like how WWE still wants to keep Adam Cole, who is in fact not tall
  7. As for Adam Cole, Dave assumes part of the meeting they had with him Friday at Smackdown was to offer her a main roster spot if he stays. Main brand writers have been told to come up with storyline ideas for him.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Remember when Dave quoted HHH saying NXT was "run off Wednesday nights" and then plenty of people who were there told Dave that was false and a lie. :beli:

Yeah any quote Dave uses is highly suspect. Especially if it's just a "memo."

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Remember when Dave quoted HHH saying NXT was "run off Wednesday nights" and then plenty of people who were there told Dave that was false and a lie. :beli:

Yeah any quote Dave uses is highly suspect. Especially if it's just a "memo."
I hope it's true just because the idea of an official company memo with "NO MORE MIDEGTS" on it is hilarious to me.:mjlol:

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
I hope it's true just because the idea of an official company memo with "NO MORE MIDEGTS" on it is hilarious to me.:mjlol:

I doubt the word midget was on a memo, maybe smaller guys, etc.

I wouldn't put it past Dave to chuck in his own word for narrative sake. If he's done it before he will do it again.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Outside of OVW class of '02 and some of the NXT girls and initial callups (Bray, Big E, Roman), WWE has been trash at developing talent from the ground up. Their style just isn't really conducive to talent that can stand on their own two.
They brought Finn up..made him champion..got injured in the title match and now he's not even main event here in 2021.

The Wyatts went over the protected Shield and now ALL THE Wyatts are gone:laugh:

Bliss was a joke in NXT but they gave her this huge push out of nowhere on the main roster in 2016 but made sure she lost huge matches to Sasha and Naomi mostly. They also made sure Bliss is kept away from their Charlotte agenda.

Mojo Rawley? Failed. Velveteen Dream? A waste of time. Owens? Not even main eventing. Sami? Midcarder. Gargano ain't doing shyt. Adam Cole? They scared to out him on the main roster because he would totally be exposed.

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: @ "No more midgets"

Like when Scarlet Witch said "No more mutants"

no-more-mutants.png

Alfred0Santana

I used to drop Lewinsky off at the White House.
Daps
Unless he getting guaranteed Brock money or something Cole would be a fool to stay

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
So if the no more midgets or guys 30+ thing is really true what does that mean for the smaller guys and the over 30 guys in NXT right now?

Samoa Joe is 42 years old.
Santos Escobar is under 6' and 37 years old.
Ciampa is under 6' and 36 years old.
Gargano is under 6' and 33 years old.
Kushida is under 6' and 38 years old.
LA Knight is 38 years old.
Dexter Lumis is 37 years old.
Kyle O'Reilly is 34 years old.
Pete Dunne is under 6'.
Roderick Strong is under 6' and 38 years old.

Do all of these guys (and more who I haven't named) get called up or will there be another round of 'deavours coming?

Breh the HitMang

Thank You Kobe
Daps
its been a good run but OVW style talent produced Cena, Batista, Brock, Roman
NXT never adapted a WWE style and the return is major disappointment whenever a talent would cross over,

WWE was always meant to draw by showcasing intimidating and charismatic characters

RIP NXT :francis:

Paul is better off working with MLW