NXT Revamp; New Theme and logo revealed; Samoa Joe relinquishes NXT Championship

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I’m not exactly mad at any of these developments tbh. NXT lost its true purpose years ago as a developmental territory and has become a vanity project meant to hoard indy darlings from other feds and that was pre AEW even. There’s also no reason why guys like Ciampa, Gargano and such should be there for years at a time, either move up or move out :yeshrug: having those guys stay around further stagnated a brand that was doing well by having a constant stream of talent circulating through its roster.
That being said I’m :mjlol: at the no midgets thing and we could be going back to the dark ages in terms of talent relations so, interesting times ahead either way

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
The midgets line is ridiculous :laff:

But I will say with the existance of AEW, there is little point in NXT being high budget indie. They lost and it actually makes more sense having your "developmental" brand become closer to the main roster's aesthetic

The fact that Vince's main brain trust is Johnny Ace and Bruce Prichard doesn't exactly bode well for the future though :mjlol:

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
I'm just now learning how Vince poached other wrestling territories to bring in the biggest stars to make the WWE what it is today but what's to stop HHH from leaving and creating his own promotion or joining up with another company. I also didn't know 30 and up is considered "old" by his standards I mean how old was Hogan, Macho, and the rest of em when they joined up with Vince in the 80's

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama

a few years ago... :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

The chokehold that NXT had on the IWC (me included) was :wow: they successfully took away interest from companies like Impact and ROH (partly because they took their top stars), hell they even convinced a segment of fans that NXT was its own promotion.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
its been a good run but OVW style talent produced Cena, Batista, Brock, Roman
NXT never adapted a WWE style and the return is major disappointment whenever a talent would cross over,

WWE was always meant to draw by showcasing intimidating and charismatic characters

RIP NXT :francis:

Paul is better off working with MLW

To do what, though? :dwillhuh:.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
E8RBugtVUAAOp_w

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
The midgets line is ridiculous :laff:

But I will say with the existance of AEW, there is little point in NXT being high budget indie. They lost and it actually makes more sense having your "developmental" brand become closer to the main roster's aesthetic

The fact that Vince's main brain trust is Johnny Ace and Bruce Prichard doesn't exactly bode well for the future though :mjlol:

The return of the 80s bodybuilder wrestlers :wow:

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Yeah, a bunch of roided up goofs with no personality who can't work. The Johnny Ace era was putrid.
Vs now a bunch of regular goods with no personality that can "work". Being able to do the moves is certainly better but I don't think its some sort of incredible success. NXT is the wrestling equivalent of slaughterhouse a bunch of people that can technically wrestle and despite having every advantage imaginable can't make people care. Even going further they cant overcome the meddling from higher ups.

All that being said what tangible benefit is nxt providing? It's operating at a loss. Their failures (there's enough blame to go around) are starting to stack up. They'd be better off with an ovw situation as just picking and choosing guys that they want from the Indies. The NBA doesnt run the NCAA because it's not worth it fnancialy. They run the gleague ignite.

Shut it down and everyone can move on ith

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I hate Cawdy with all the passion in the world, but looking at this picture makes me realize one thing...you never overlook a Rhodes :picard:. Maybe Vince should had gave us Cody/Golddust in 2014 and the Dub would have never existed.

That’s quite the butterfly effect

Pro Wrestling in 2021 is the wild wild west because Vince was hellbent on making Stardust happen :mjlol:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Vs now a bunch of regular goods with no personality that can "work". Being able to do the moves is certainly better but I don't think its some sort of incredible success. NXT is the wrestling equivalent of slaughterhouse a bunch of people that can technically wrestle and despite having every advantage imaginable can't make people care. Even going further they cant overcome the meddling from higher ups.

All that being said what tangible benefit is nxt providing? It's operating at a loss. Their failures (there's enough blame to go around) are starting to stack up. They'd be better off with an ovw situation as just picking and choosing guys that they want from the Indies. The NBA doesnt run the NCAA because it's not worth it fnancialy. They run the gleague ignite.

Shut it down and everyone can move on ith

If we’re keeping it 100% honest, the G League has been as much as failure if not more than NXT. It just doesn’t get talked about as much. It’s a different and different forum for another time though.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
really think Vince has lost faith in HHH due to his failure against AEW and now I bet NXT has a stigma at titan. What's crazy is if god forbid if Vince passes away he might trust Kahn more than his kids to run the ship.
I don't know.

Expecting an admitted developmental minor league, to beat a major league with established names....even Vince should know better than that