NXT Revamp; New Theme and logo revealed; Samoa Joe relinquishes NXT Championship

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Eh it was more a start and stop than the consistent push it should have been.

Especially after the Brooklyn 1 Takeover. It should have been a true 3rd brand fixture.

Also you guys need to stop saying Vince never called it competition when there are quotes saying he didn't think they are the same level of competition that WCW was.

So now they were a third brand but there's caveats to how consistent the push was? :unimpressed:

Takeover was regularly held in the same building as main roster PPV's. That seems like a lot of effort to put into a developmental brand - especially when they were largely filling those buildings up.

The problem is they don't have anyone in NXT now - or for the past two years - that makes it destination viewing.

If the generation with Owens/Zayn/Nakamura/ The Four Horsewomen had been on NXT in Fall 2019, IMO - it would have been a legitimate toss up as to who came out ahead. As it stands no-one is hurrying to find the remote to find out what Kross is up to.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
So now they were a third brand but there's caveats to how consistent the push was? :unimpressed:

Takeover was regularly held in the same building as main roster PPV's. That seems like a lot of effort to put into a developmental brand - especially when they were largely filling those buildings up.

The problem is they don't have anyone in NXT now - or for the past two years - that makes it destination viewing.

If the generation with Owens/Zayn/Nakamura/ The Four Horsewomen had been on NXT in Fall 2019, IMO - it would have been a legitimate toss up as to who came out ahead. As it stands no-one is hurrying to find the remote to find out what Kross is up to.

Yeah I'd call it inconsistent when you have it part of Survivor Series 1 year then not having them to having them at Survivor Series the year after that.

Also all the never mentioning NXT title reigns and other things not to mention changing things that made the talent names there to begin with.

If Vince was on the same page as NXT you wouldn't have this disconnect that occurs when someone transition to Raw or SD.

Also don't forget Covid is a big factor in many things over the past year.

I do agree with Kross. He sucks and has pulled NXT down a bit being champion. Glad he's moving to Raw. Right where his bum ass belongs.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The E may have to finally come to terms with is the fact that other companies have been better at developing wrestlers. It would be cheaper for them to let talent build themselves up on other promotions and then poach them like they did before.

I feel like WWE has been doing that though. Only problem is that they’ve been keeping and letting NXT talent stay down there longer than they’ve needed to. There’s no reason why Taya Valkyrie should even be down there in NXT.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
I feel like WWE has been doing that though. Only problem is that they’ve been keeping and letting NXT talent stay down there longer than they’ve needed to. There’s no reason why Taya Valkyrie should even be down there in NXT.

She'd be no more better off than Dana Brooke if she went to Raw or SD right now.

She just started there and needs to develop her character some more. Just my opinion.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
She'd be no more better off than Dana Brooke if she went to Raw or SD right now.

She just started there and needs to develop her character some more. Just my opinion.

Given her age and new direction for NXT, does she still have a place there now going forward? I guess that’s the question with a lot of those older NXT talent now going forward.

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
Because they don’t care if their product is good. They sign everyone to put the choke on these smaller companies and the smaller companies make new stars anyways. I think they finally realize that.

Last edited:

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Given her age and new direction for NXT, does she still have a place there now going forward? I guess that’s the question with a lot of those older NXT talent now going forward.

Why don't we all wait until they make something official before jumping to conclusions from dirt sheets.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
People should know by now that your boss “deciding” to explore the workplace isn’t good news :mjlol:

Vince was never really needed to call up NXT talent before, so why would he be now? Especially since he seemed to not even know who Adam Cole was lol.

Reminds me of when I was working at a supermarket a long time ago. A co worker was helping her girlfriend get groceries for free by not scanning certain items. The store owner was behind the girlfriend the whole time looking at ole girl fukking up. He even helped the girlfriend with the groceries. Next thing I know the managers told her to come to the back and she was fired on the spot.

:mjlol:She was a complete dumbass to do that in the midst of rush hour, knowing damn well the store owners pop in out of no where.

I hated them b*stards btw, money grubbing fukk heads that never let me go home on time because they would buy shyt at the last minute :camby: