NXT Revamp; New Theme and logo revealed; Samoa Joe relinquishes NXT Championship

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
So if the no more midgets or guys 30+ thing is really true what does that mean for the smaller guys and the over 30 guys in NXT right now?

Samoa Joe is 42 years old.
Santos Escobar is under 6' and 37 years old.
Ciampa is under 6' and 36 years old.
Gargano is under 6' and 33 years old.
Kushida is under 6' and 38 years old.
LA Knight is 38 years old.
Dexter Lumis is 37 years old.
Kyle O'Reilly is 34 years old.
Pete Dunne is under 6'.
Roderick Strong is under 6' and 38 years old.

Do all of these guys (and more who I haven't named) get called up or will there be another round of 'deavours coming?

They did let Samoa Joe go until Triple H came back and got him re-signed. I can see WWE letting them all go with the exception of Ciampa, Gargano and Kyle O'Reilly. Those three could go to AEW and be something. The others, probably not so much.

Last edited:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
NXT was cool when it was the 3rd brand and treated as such, but the moment it went against Dynamite and you compare that visual to NXT's dim indy show feel it was a wrap. Seeing Sean Ross Sapp and his neckbeard coalition act like Friday was the worst day in wrestling history was so damn funny. I used to like the guy but now he's becoming Meltzer lite, and he's starting to notice more people calling him out on his bullshyt. Seeing all these white journalists talking about being ready to give up on the WWE because their favorite vanilla midgets got cut was a real eye opener, because they really don't have respect for all the black excellence that's going on in the WWE. I'll stop supporting the WWE if they bush all the black talent and go back to propping up the mediocre white hype.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
E8RBugtVUAAOp_w
I hate Cawdy with all the passion in the world, but looking at this picture makes me realize one thing...you never overlook a Rhodes :picard:. Maybe Vince should had gave us Cody/Golddust in 2014 and the Dub would have never existed.
That’s quite the butterfly effect

Pro Wrestling in 2021 is the wild wild west because Vince was hellbent on making Stardust happen :mjlol:
That Cawdy pic was :mjlol: at the time but has since become prophetic after all this :wow:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
"Kind of the line has been 'When they get to NXT we have to teach them not to do indie style, and then when they come to the main roster we have to teach them not to work NXT style".

It's really shocking to me that people withing WWE still believes this bullshyt.

If you watch any match that doesn't involve a big dude/hoss, the style of the match is way more "indy" than anything else. That's been the case with main roster WWE for at least 5 to 6 years so the fact they still believe they teach anything to people at the PC or that they even need to work differently on the main roster is just plain wrong. They are just parroting a narrative that isn't even real anymore.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
It's really shocking to me that people withing WWE still believes this bullshyt.

If you watch any match that doesn't involve a big dude/hoss, the style of the match is way more "indy" than anything else. That's been the case with main roster WWE for at least 5 to 6 years so the fact they still believe they teach anything to people at the PC or that they even need to work differently on the main roster is just plain wrong. They are just parroting a narrative that isn't even real anymore.
It’s like they’ve never seen any Seth Rollins match :dead:

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp

when Rick Steiner's son and the "next Brock Lesnar" start runnin NXT :banderas:

:ahh: real stars
The class of '02 ain't happening again. it's like having Austin and Rock in their prime. Lesnar, Orton, Batista, Cena... not gonna happen
On the same token u can say every smaller indy guy ain't becoming CM Punk or Daniel Bryan

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
Yeah, a bunch of roided up goofs with no personality who can't work. The Johnny Ace era was putrid.
Dudes will say they hate Vince and he is out of touch but adapted his same philosophy
These dudes talk about size so much i would think there bytches with how obsession with size they are
He not big enough for my taste:hhh:
The funny thing i bet you alot of these dudes that are obsession/always complaining about height are average height at best and definitely aren't in the shape these dudes are in

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
NXT was cool when it was the 3rd brand and treated as such, but the moment it went against Dynamite and you compare that visual to NXT's dim indy show feel it was a wrap. Seeing Sean Ross Sapp and his neckbeard coalition act like Friday was the worst day in wrestling history was so damn funny. I used to like the guy but now he's becoming Meltzer lite, and he's starting to notice more people calling him out on his bullshyt. Seeing all these white journalists talking about being ready to give up on the WWE because their favorite vanilla midgets got cut was a real eye opener, because they really don't have respect for all the black excellence that's going on in the WWE. I'll stop supporting the WWE if they bush all the black talent and go back to propping up the mediocre white hype.

I don’t look at people like Sapp Meltzer Alvarez as the kind of people that would have a problem with black people getting a chance. I don’t see them the same as I see Russo, Cornette, Brad Shepard. It would be beneficial for any wrestling writer to want WWE to be as successful as possible. Seeing a company that profitable fire 110 wrestlers in a year and change is jarring even if we know it was necessary

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Dudes will say they hate Vince and he is out of touch but adapted his same philosophy
These dudes talk about size so much i would think there bytches with how obsession with size they are
He not big enough for my taste:hhh:
The funny thing i bet you alot of these dudes that are obsession/always complaining about height are average height at best and definitely aren't in the shape these dudes are in
There's a reason the people that watch wrestling and the people that watch competitive gymnastics aren't overlapping circles. I watch for larger than life personalities and people. NXT is doing a piss poor job at both.