Nvidia CEO: The Push To Teach Kids To Code & Learn Computer Science Is A Waste Of Time, A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) Will Be Taking Those Jobs

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From what I read, it's being used to assist, not full fledged.. at least not now. I know Japan is an advanced world leader in Robotics but elderly care and assiting with those of special needs are totally different.

I can see how it can be of assistance but I don't see how it will replace. The clients I have, are not gonna want to listen to robotics. At least not with the current availability tech and abilities.

Do you think AI could fully replace one's Parents and what they do for Their child?
That's similar to my work load.
there was a movie about this...

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I think a lot of people forget the talent this field has.

The people in this field are basically some of the smartest people in the world. The smartest. Many would-be mathematicians, physicists, engineers and doctors have gone into CS and have been for decades. That's why it's funny when people say these people are idiots because chances are they're way smarter than them. These people have thought out that this is an overreaction and are sticking around, but Joe Coli or Andrew Redditor knows better right?

When people say it'll replace 90% of the engineers, I don't think they exactly understand how much brainpower that is :mjlol: :heh:
There's a reason why engineers compared to other roles have been targeted the least when it comes to layoffs, you think that'll change in the future?

You also got to imagine how many smart people even 10% of that number is is. Many people will create another lane from this thing if they get replaced, you can 100% count on that.

The funny thing is many of the experts and lead researchers on A.I say it won't even get to that level (if it ever does) until maybe 30 years from now, at which point many of us won't even be around.

I'm banking on CS now more than ever to be honest.

I don't think their idiots but AIis being developed to be as smart or smarter than the smartest of humans. they're right to say if senior engineers start to be replaced then a lot will be in trouble.

Everyone should read the celebrated mathematician Terence Tao's blog on LLM. He predicts that AI will be a trustworthy co-author in mathematical research by 2026, when combined with search and symbolic math tools.

I believe math will be the first scientific discipline to see major breakthroughs enabled by AI, because math:
▸ can be expressed conveniently as a coding problem. Strings are naturally first-class citizens.
▸ can be rigorously verified by theorem provers like Lean, rather than relying on empirical results.
▸ does not require physical experiments like biology & medicine. Robotics isn't ready yet.

We are already seeing big progress:
▸ LeanDojo (LeanDojo: Theorem Proving with Retrieval-Augmented Language Models) from my colleagues
@NVIDIAAI
&
@Caltech
is among the first steps towards this grand challenge.
▸ Last year, OpenAI used Lean to solve some math olympiad problems: Solving (some) formal math olympiad problems
▸ ChemCrow is another example, but for chemistry. It integrates GPT-4 with professional tools like molecular synthesis planner and reaction prediction: [2304.05376] ChemCrow: Augmenting large-language models with chemistry tools
▸ Terrance Tao's blog: Embracing change and resetting expectations – Microsoft Unlocked

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
He's right on the overall scale, the amount of jobs available due to AI will be a lot less, one person directing AI can do 10 coder's job now.

It will be very difficult to receive a job coding in the future, possible, but very difficult. It's the same logic as telling kids not to get their hopes up in becoming a professional athlete, it's possible, but chances are slim.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
No. I work in the field with special needs(kids and adults) and caregivers. I don't see AI taking over that field anytime soon because it requires a certain humanistic touch. Until robotics can get near 1:1 what we can do, I don't see it for some time. It's a broad range challenging behaviors and planning, not to mention housing, transportion, doc appts, event planning etc. Attempting to Keeping them happy and understanding what's going on with them. So the tech would have to be near Westworld levels where it's almost indistinguishable from us humans.
They're already working on everything you just said and they're a lot closer than you think. The same rapid innovation with saw with chatbots and image generators, we will also see in robotics.

Joon Soon Park made a "game" called Smallville. It's a game where the AI bots display "human behavior" without being told to.

Social Simulacra: Creating Populated Prototypes for Social Computing Systems
Generative Agents: Interactive Simulacra of Human Behavior

And the massive leaps in robotics are happening right now.

Figure AI
Nvidia, Jeff Bezos, and several leading technology companies are investing in Figure AI, a startup that creates human-like robots. The company is securing approximately $675 million in funding, valuing it at about $2 billion before the investment, reports Bloomberg.

Dr. Jim Fan
He's an AI researcher and after teaching a robot how to do this in a simulation (something that used to be thought impossible), he received a shyt ton of money from Nvidia to build an AI robotics company

Swiss-Mile
Another AI robot startup that's learning at a rapid pace.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I don't think their idiots but AIis being developed to be as smart or smarter than the smartest of humans. they're right to say if senior engineers start to be replaced then a lot will be in trouble.

Those people will utilize A.I to do some crazy shyt and create new lanes though. For themselves first but other people will catch the wave.

Multipliers and innovators through and through.

That's why I think a lot of the hype about A.I replacing jobs is crazy because of the amount of jobs it'll also create for those ready is something are underestimating.

People are always going to be competitive and capitalism doesn't go away with A.I.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Software engineers will be the last to be replaced

People saying that aren't paying attentions. Here's a project manager that won a hackthon using AI. She made a product and won the contest without knowing how to code. She and AI beat a team of engineers.

Inspiration​

I want to democratize design AI for everyday people using PowerPoints and Google Docs to connect with their audience. As a product manager, I built assistive design products for M365 suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel). The products were used by teachers, students, consultants and everyone in between. The recurring feedback was always the tools like PPT or Google Slides have not evolved to serve emerging forms of content creation and storytelling. The visual output is always boring. I wanted to fix that

What it does​

DocTok takes webpages and documents as input and returns an engaging TikTok style feed that can be shared. The feed is powered by different AI agents. Creators have to provide the URL and select characters. For each Webpage/Document a social post is created. DocTok will generate fun explanations of the topic in the document/web page from the point of view of the chosen character. There will be voice over by a compatible agent, and a relevant GIF from giphy to spruce the content up.

How we built it​

I solo hacked on Replit with help from GPT, Ghostwriter to do the coding. I’m using GPT4 to generate summaries, appropriate title for each post. I’m using GPT 3.5 to generate a keyword per post based on the summary sentiment. I’m passing the keyword via GIPHY API to get the relevant GIF. The voice over is from eleven labs; a compatible voice agent is selected based on the character selected.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Those people will utilize A.I to do some crazy shyt and create new lanes though. Multipliers through and through.

That's why I think a lot of the hype about A.I replacing jobs is crazy because of the amount of jobs it'll also create.

People are always going to be competitive and capitalism doesn't go away with A.I.

It will not create as many jobs as it will be replacing. Not close.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It will not create as many jobs as it will be replacing. Not close.
I don't think it'll replace as many jobs as people are thinking to be honest.

At least not in our lifetime until we get robots in every single nook and cranny to get complete sensory context of the real world.

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...
People saying that aren't paying attentions. Here's a project manager that won a hackthon using AI. She made a product and won the contest without knowing how to code. She and AI beat a team of engineers.

dis-belief-surprised.gif

a2eb97c25216a2caaad4536f11cfb1c47f11b6ee.gif

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Those people will utilize A.I to do some crazy shyt and create new lanes though. For themselves first but other people will catch the wave.

Multipliers and innovators through and through.

That's why I think a lot of the hype about A.I replacing jobs is crazy because of the amount of jobs it'll also create for those ready is something are underestimating.

Library_of_Congress%2C_Rosenwald_4%2C_Bl._5r.jpg

bnew

Veteran
Daps
From what I read, it's being used to assist, not full fledged.. at least not now. I know Japan is an advanced world leader in Robotics but elderly care and assiting with those of special needs are totally different.

I can see how it can be of assistance but I don't see how it will replace. The clients I have, are not gonna want to listen to robotics. At least not with the current availability tech and abilities.

Do you think AI could fully replace one's Parents and what they do for Their child?
That's similar to my work load.

if AI becomes AGI(not sentient) and mobility, dexterity and strength are sufficiently addressed in robots, then I can see it increasing the amount of caregivers if not replacing some of them.

i'm coming from a position of knowing they have AI that can determine peoples emotional state by how they sound or their facial expression. taking that into account AI agents can construct solutions as to how to respond to the given situation. I think in a world where AI becomes that intelligent that parents would have more time to spend with their kids and could very well have AI around as a helper/assistant.

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
No. I work in the field with special needs(kids and adults) and caregivers. I don't see AI taking over that field anytime soon because it requires a certain humanistic touch. Until robotics can get near 1:1 what we can do, I don't see it for some time. It's a broad range challenging behaviors and planning, not to mention housing, transportion, doc appts, event planning etc. Attempting to Keeping them happy and understanding what's going on with them. So the tech would have to be near Westworld levels where it's almost indistinguishable from us humans.

giphy.gif

You might want to ketch-up .. mustard . Ijs :sas2:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Breh I been in tech for 20 years and I'm extremely good at what I do. After 3 minutes of using ChatGPT it's a better administrator/architecht/engineer than I could ever dream to be. And now that GPT4-V is out it has capabilities I can't even imagine.

A few days ago I did something that blew my mind (again). I told ChatGPT something like this:
"You are an expert business consultant in the tech space that focuses on helping startups grow. Look through my resume and give me business ideas based on my skill set. Evaluate the criteria using the POCD framework and SWOT analysis. Also included cite all your sources."

In about 15 seconds that shyt gave off an extensive list of ideas that I could start based on my skillset and analyzed and formatted the data how I asked. And the craziest part was after it gave me my analysis it asked me if wanted to go into details on anything just ask.

It was like talking to an expert business advisor. I also asked it to make me Y combinator style pitch deck based on a business idea and the shyt it came up with was better than anything a marketing expert could come up with.

This shyt closed the knowledge gap on humanity. Anything you don't know how to do, AI will do it for you.