Nvidia CEO: The Push To Teach Kids To Code & Learn Computer Science Is A Waste Of Time, A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) Will Be Taking Those Jobs

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
This!!!!! nikkas don't understand how much fukking money is about to be created in the next couple of years and nikkas will completely miss the wave if they're not paying attention. I already signed up for some local AI meetups so I can find a co-founder for my AI startup.

I spent the last 3 days just binge watching everything I could on AI and my mind is fukking blown on what this shyt is capable of. We are literally only limited by our imagination.

And y'all need to start fukking with AutoGen.

new thread idea?

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Software engineers will be the last to be replaced

By the time you replace a proper senior swe every single other intellectual job is completely automated, no humans in the loop, for a while now.

Because if a senior is completely replaced half of humanity is out of a damn job and by then, either the problem is handled with UBI or some similar system or it's complete anarchy. Retrain to be a welder if you're worried about it, robotics is still playing catch-up in multiple fields whether its spatial awareness, ultra fine motor control, dexterity, battery/weight whatever.

We are sure it will. Just at the point AI can really replace us it will be joever for almost all intellectual labour except scientific research probably. shyt will hit the fan much earlier.

Last edited:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Bet

Soon as they tell all of the kids in their community to stop too. Unenroll them from all stem learning programs and whatnot. It's only gonna be a gateway or pathway into machine learning and AI monitoring or whatever where you will still need some human oversight. shyt, my Masters in Analytics programs had Machine Learning and a few AI sub-courses and that was a couple of years ago. Best believe I'ma "slideee to the left" right into one of dem mf shyts once the time comes.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Honestly it might, this ai ish is still in its infancy, its like the first iphone compared to iphone 15. The next 10-15 years will be scary

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
This is nothing new us brothers in the trenches in college while still working shifts know the struggle you have to adapt

bnew

Veteran
Daps
No. I work in the field with special needs(kids and adults) and caregivers. I don't see AI taking over that field anytime soon because it requires a certain humanistic touch. Until robotics can get near 1:1 what we can do, I don't see it for some time. It's a broad range challenging behaviors and planning, not to mention housing, transportion, doc appts, event planning etc. Attempting to Keeping them happy and understanding what's going on with them. So the tech would have to be near Westworld levels where it's almost indistinguishable from us humans.

:ehh:

keep an eye out on robotic developments in japan because they have a huge elderly population and they've been talking about using robots/humonoids for elderly care and they might be the first country in the world to widely adopt it. elderly population might be the first group that gets test for robot caregivers and your job description reminded me of that.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is true on both parts tho. We are still in the early rollout. But the next phases will be cutting down the workforce in all tech leaning industries where there is a reliance on software.

You will still need some people like you are saying, but they will be able to cut 80% of employees Without losing a step

And how so they plan on staying in business? Many companies will also have to go bye bye.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Its over the gold rush was if you was born in the 90s and probably even limit to have gone through school to be done with it and get a job

Now if you are in school for it now and you aren’t graduating this yr or the next
I have bad news for you :mjlol:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Software engineers will be the last to be replaced

No one’s sure of anything. There’s a great deal of anxiety in the industry right now. It’s not all because of AI, but AI certainly isn’t helping.

However, most experienced software developers understand the difference between generating simple “demo” code and the level of quality that would be required to actually replace a human. Despite what a lot of the (uninformed) opinion on this sub would lead you to believe, that gap is still significant. No 1m token context length isn’t going to close it.

Of course it’s possible that the next evolutionary step will collapse our entire industry, but as things stand that’s more than just a matter of more parameters and longer context.

And on related note, if these systems do get to the point where they can legitimately replace a senior software engineer, then they can replace basically everyone. In other words: at that point it’s not just us who are in trouble.

I think a lot of people forget the talent this field has.

The people in this field are basically some of the smartest people in the world. The smartest. Many would-be mathematicians, physicists, engineers and doctors have gone into CS and have been for decades. That's why it's funny when people say these people are idiots because chances are they're way smarter than them. These people have thought out that this is an overreaction and are sticking around, but Joe Coli or Andrew Redditor knows better right?

When people say it'll replace 90% of the engineers, I don't think they exactly understand how much brainpower that is :mjlol: :heh:
There's a reason why engineers compared to other roles have been targeted the least when it comes to layoffs, you think that'll change in the future?

You also got to imagine how many smart people even 10% of that number is is. Many people will create another lane from this thing if they get replaced, you can 100% count on that.

The funny thing is many of the experts and lead researchers on A.I say it won't even get to that level (if it ever does) until maybe 30 years from now, at which point many of us won't even be around.

I'm banking on CS now more than ever to be honest.

Last edited:

Akae Beka

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ehh:

keep an eye out on robotic developments in japan because they have a huge elderly population and they've been talking about using robots/humonoids for elderly care and they might be the first country in the world to widely adopt it. elderly population might be the first group that gets test for robot caregivers and your job description reminded me of that.
From what I read, it's being used to assist, not full fledged.. at least not now. I know Japan is an advanced world leader in Robotics but elderly care and assiting with those of special needs are totally different.

I can see how it can be of assistance but I don't see how it will replace. The clients I have, are not gonna want to listen to robotics. At least not with the current availability tech and abilities.

Do you think AI could fully replace one's Parents and what they do for Their child?
That's similar to my work load.