Nvidia CEO: The Push To Teach Kids To Code & Learn Computer Science Is A Waste Of Time, A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) Will Be Taking Those Jobs

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
And that's where tools like AutoGen come in. You build a team of agents who's job is to deal with unconscious incompetence.

company.png

Here's the whitepaper discussing the topic

And here's a video explaining the concept

So you'd still have to learn.:mjlol: :heh:

Somebody with experience wouldn't have to make the same query or can add even more context and can use that same tool to learn more about other things widening the gap, getting a deeper understanding and making more creative connections.

You can't overcome that gap unless you can overcome Physics and TIME. The time people have already put in doesn't simply go away now.

Last edited:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
So you'd still have to learn.:mjlol: :heh:

Somebody with experience wouldn't have to make the same query and can use that same tool to learn more about other things widening the gap.

You can't overcome that gap unless you can overcome Physics and TIME. The time people have already put in doesn't simply go away now.
That's literally the purpose if AI. It closes that gap immediately.

I don't need to hire a developer, AI does a better job at it. I posted this video earlier but here it is again.

It's a Harvard CS50 discussion about how AI is the end of programming and that English is the new programming language.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
They don't care who loses their job.
People are excitable and ultimately stupid, forgetting they live in a ruthlessly unforgiving Capitalist society that gives 2 shyts about your livelihood.

The large corporations that control media production and broadcasting will only use these tools to cut labor and production costs. :ufdup:

Infact, making these AI tools free to the general public is a cruel and sick joke, a mind fukk that means nothing if the public doesnt control media accessibility like the Cinemas, Netflix Hulu, streaming video digital cable television etc.
That is the sole domain of that establishment, you're not getting a seat at that table just because you can type a cool prompt.
It is a small exclusive club of wealthy media conglomerates.

And whose going to even see your Sora video, doesnt matter how good it is.
When millions of similar videos are prompted hourly by half the world who is your audience??? :dahell:

Text to video AI will become the soundcloud for film :scust:

i noticed you didn't mention youtube the largest user-generated site for video content. why should anybody care about traditional media companies and hollywood studios if they can produce a high quality product for cheap independently. viral social media promotion rivals traditional media ad campaigns. we've been seeing imitation videos and ripoffs on youtube for years.. AI won't make much of a difference. the unique content creators end up standing out regardless.

GooPunch

Pro
Daps
It's funny how when we have these conversations about jobs being replaced, they always skip over management and go straight to the programmers.

LLMs are already proficient in spewing out bullshyt which is exactly what management is good at doing. All these CEOs and managers thinking about replacing us engineers need to be watching out more than us engineers :demonic:.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
It's funny how when we have these conversations about jobs being replaced, they always skip over management and go straight to the programmers.

LLMs are already proficient in spewing out bullshyt which is exactly what management is good at doing. All these CEOs and managers thinking about replacing us engineers need to be watching out more than us engineers :demonic:.

They will get it too when the high level managers figure out they can get rid of them.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

This is a cope post.

There will.always be "overseers" aka managers.

Dudes who are life long "coders" and not actual working towards becoming architects/tech leads tend to think they are more important than they really are lol

GooPunch

Pro
Daps
This is a cope post.

There will.always be "overseers" aka managers.

Dudes who are life long "coders" and not actual working towards becoming architects/tech leads tend to think they are more important than they really are lol
How is it a cope? It's simply a fact. You can literally use something like AutoGen at this very moment to mimic managerial roles.

You cannot replace a programmer right now with an LLM for a meaningfully-sized codebase. By the time LLMs and the surrounding ecosystems are strong enough to replace programmers, they will have already been WELL passed the point to where they can fully replace managers.

Drizzy Dre

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Crazy pivot because Computer Science was the biggest major the past couple of years.

Trades are definitely the best bet coming out of HS. A plumber or elevator repair tech will clear 100k in California…

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think it'll replace as many jobs as people are thinking to be honest.

At least not in our lifetime until we get robots in every single nook and cranny to get complete sensory context of the real world.

CEOs will be scrapping many jobs right or wrong. The market runs these companies.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Crazy pivot because Computer Science was the biggest major the past couple of years.

Trades are definitely the best bet coming out of HS. A plumber or elevator repair tech will clear 100k in California…

It sucks because it’s a very challenging degree.

1st year you’re dealing with the maths and the sciences and on top of that languages. Maybe things have changed but it’s still hard.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
That's literally the purpose if AI. It closes that gap immediately.

I don't need to hire a developer, AI does a better job at it. I posted this video earlier but here it is again.

It's a Harvard CS50 discussion about how AI is the end of programming and that English is the new programming language.

Then why does that Project Manager who won the Hackathon with A.I you posted about now have an engineering team running and expanding her app?

If that isn't her app, then where is her app in production under stress and user traffic? I don't have access to Twitter right now so I can't see her posts and am going from the devpost link. It's from mid-2023 so it should be out there somewhere.

Edit (got access to Twitter):
We are also hiring full stack and front developers. DMs are open. :smile:

I can tell you right now I'd hate to see the quality of the codebase that she got A.I to write it with. It's probably a brittle, unscalable, unreadable mess with ugly ass edge cases.

The engineering team she hires will definitely have their work cut out for them. 5 months of A.I prompt engineering code by someone who doesn't know what they're doing? fukking mess, that's all I got to say.

Probably has zero tests as well, because of course a Project Manager would know nothing of that. Why would they? That's an engineering concern.

Her team working with that A.I's codebase going to be on some:
5szw1z.jpg

They probably going to have to end up rewriting most of it if she's really serious about it.

Last edited:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Breh I been in tech for 20 years and I'm extremely good at what I do. After 3 minutes of using ChatGPT it's a better administrator/architecht/engineer than I could ever dream to be. And now that GPT4-V is out it has capabilities I can't even imagine.

A few days ago I did something that blew my mind (again). I told ChatGPT something like this:
"You are an expert business consultant in the tech space that focuses on helping startups grow. Look through my resume and give me business ideas based on my skill set. Evaluate the criteria using the POCD framework and SWOT analysis. Also included cite all your sources."

In about 15 seconds that shyt gave off an extensive list of ideas that I could start based on my skillset and analyzed and formatted the data how I asked. And the craziest part was after it gave me my analysis it asked me if wanted to go into details on anything just ask.

It was like talking to an expert business advisor. I also asked it to make me Y combinator style pitch deck based on a business idea and the shyt it came up with was better than anything a marketing expert could come up with.

This shyt closed the knowledge gap on humanity. Anything you don't know how to do, AI will do it for you.
You’re realistic. I tell people all the time, and I’m not even being hubristic in saying it, but I’m significantly smarter than the average person. Yet, ChatGpt 4 is significantly smarter than me. The shyt is also in its infancy. The other day I uploaded a CSV file with a lot of raw data to ChatGpt and told it to provide some ideas for an appendix that I need to add, and within ten seconds it provided two different options, and gave empirical examples using RAW data from a CSV file that wasn’t even sourced properly.

In time, these programs are going to be significantly smarter than everyone that is living, or has ever lived. It’s coming and we’re much closer to it than people realize. It’s not 30 years away. Within the next ten years we’re going to have AGI.

I’d recommend watching the movie AlphaGo for an understanding of how smart these machines are becoming and going to become for some of you all like, “Naw. We’ll still need humans.”

How tf are you going to out-code literal Braniac in the future? 😂

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
You’re realistic. I tell people all the time, and I’m not even being hubristic in saying it, but I’m significantly smarter than the average person. Yet, ChatGpt 4 is significantly smarter than me. The shyt is also in its infancy. The other day I uploaded a CSV file with a lot of raw data to ChatGpt and told it to provide some ideas for an appendix that I need to add, and within ten seconds it provided two different options, and gave empirical examples using RAW data from a CSV file that wasn’t even sourced properly.

In time, these programs are going to be significantly smarter than everyone that is living, or has ever lived. It’s coming and we’re much closer to it than people realize. It’s not 30 years away. Within the next ten years we’re going to have AGI.

I’d recommend watching the movie AlphaGo for an understanding of how smart these machines are becoming and going to become for some of you all like, “Naw. We’ll still need humans.”

How tf are you going to out-code literal Braniac in the future? 😂
A lot of cats are gonna get left behind thinking "AI can't replace me :mjlol:"

1 year ago we had this
will-smith-eating-spaghetti-will-smith.gif

Now Tyler Perry is putting a pause on his 800 million addition to his studio after seeing Sora

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if AI becomes AGI(not sentient) and mobility, dexterity and strength are sufficiently addressed in robots, then I can see it increasing the amount of caregivers if not replacing some of them.

i'm coming from a position of knowing they have AI that can determine peoples emotional state by how they sound or their facial expression. taking that into account AI agents can construct solutions as to how to respond to the given situation. I think in a world where AI becomes that intelligent that parents would have more time to spend with their kids and could very well have AI around as a helper/assistant.

The jetsons here we come