Nvidia CEO: The Push To Teach Kids To Code & Learn Computer Science Is A Waste Of Time, A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) Will Be Taking Those Jobs

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Speaking and writing are the most valuable skills. Read.
Communication truly is the most valuable skill you can have. If you’re a great communicator, both verbally and written, you’re going to be able to make things happen even if you don’t bring anything else to the table.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Soon we will have machines operated by AI that can do a trade job far faster, more complex and more accurately than a human can.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The people that keep saying don't go into the tech space, are already in it, have taken their pound of flesh or are currently taking more of it.

They don't want people coming in creating more competition and innovation. fukk em. Do what you want.

TO be a coder requires a lot of mental aptitude and abilities. Technology is always evolving and innovating. People are always pushing the boundaries into new discoveries. AI is a tool that will only aid in the discovery. The day when quantum computing and true AI will be accessible to consumers, will be the day you will have people who know how to use it and create shyt, and the people who don't and will get left behind.

If you want to learn a trade, learn a trade. But there's a ton of plumbers and electricians. There are tons of construction workers that are barely scraping by. There's always going to be competition in whatever field you try to get into.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
OT I think the whole Wall Street Nvidia hype train is just the latest gimmick to hide how the economy is tanking. The idea that a chip manufacturer and AI are somehow saving the economy. How?

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Nvidia has a vested interest in this current "AI Gold Rush" space, of course he's gonna say that :mjlol:
Right. He’s acting like people can’t become computer scientist and create their own LLMs and AI tools. He just doesn’t want the competition :mjlol:

Forsaken

All Star
Daps
I think people fail to realize that smart people follow the money. A CS major could have majored in another discipline. They went into the major to make $$$. There is going to be serious money to be made training these models on different disciplines.

We are about to be bombarded with tons of AI generated garbage. I think walled gardens of curated content will become more popular.

Last edited:

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
i want to create a web based service that uses ai .. something that isn’t unwidely available or isn’t done correctly yet….it cost like 10 grand to get rolling :manny:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD

Pretty much. Every advancement in computer science always has these doom dayers stating how x will kill y and so will all the jobs. And it’s always the exact opposite. All the advancement in technology does it make things more efficient and increases productivity. That effect actually expands industry and creates new products and new roles.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Somebody with a computer science degree has to code the AI and write the code for the AI to maintain itself which hasn’t been done yet. We may see a future where AI is able to self-maintain itself but we’re nowhere near that point yet. Telling the current generation to not study computer science at a time where AI development will be at its most lucrative is ridiculous.

In a fully autonomous AI world will still need computer literate people to maintain and monitor those systems.
think about where we are for a moment and how fast its happened....

we're not that far off from these things happening....

i was working at UT Austin a few months ago and i saw a student walking a robotic dog...im saying this will happen and it wont take that long

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
All i can say is, if you're a person that thinks you've "degree'd" yourself out of working class problems, welcome back to the pack. Are you ready to stop with the "they aint talkin bout me...yall just need to level up" bullshyt?