Nvidia CEO: The Push To Teach Kids To Code & Learn Computer Science Is A Waste Of Time, A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) Will Be Taking Those Jobs

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I'm not a tech guru so I'm asking. People are talking about the jobs going to be lost but what is the prediction of the types of jobs created?
It's going to create a ton of AI related jobs. An amazing field to get started in is AI research. My background is in cyber security and AI can easily replace me. But there's an entirely new field called AI security and the way people are "jailbraiking" AI is facinating. If I wasn't 100% on creating my own AI startup, I could make a shyt ton of money doing AI Security research, administration and architecture.

Akae Beka

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

They're already working on everything you just said and they're a lot closer than you think. The same rapid innovation with saw with chatbots and image generators, we will also see in robotics.

Joon Soon Park made a "game" called Smallville. It's a game where the AI bots display "human behavior" without being told to.

Social Simulacra: Creating Populated Prototypes for Social Computing Systems
Generative Agents: Interactive Simulacra of Human Behavior

And the massive leaps in robotics are happening right now.

Figure AI

Dr. Jim Fan
He's an AI researcher and after teaching a robot how to do this in a simulation (something that used to be thought impossible), he received a shyt ton of money from Nvidia to build an AI robotics company

Swiss-Mile
Another AI robot startup that's learning at a rapid pace.

if AI becomes AGI(not sentient) and mobility, dexterity and strength are sufficiently addressed in robots, then I can see it increasing the amount of caregivers if not replacing some of them.

i'm coming from a position of knowing they have AI that can determine peoples emotional state by how they sound or their facial expression. taking that into account AI agents can construct solutions as to how to respond to the given situation. I think in a world where AI becomes that intelligent that parents would have more time to spend with their kids and could very well have AI around as a helper/assistant.

giphy.gif

You might want to ketch-up .. mustard . Ijs :sas2:

It's more than that. I'm all for technological advances and have been using chatgpt since day 1 to assist with my job but nothing I've seen from those links shows or tells me it will replace me anytime soon. When the tech can convincingly replace that humanistic quality and even then, there are a lot of elements on a statewide level that don't account for the work we do. I'm not a regular caregiver. I run a business, so I would gladly accept the help and reduction of paying staff. I just don't see it right now.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Breh I been in tech for 20 years and I'm extremely good at what I do. After 3 minutes of using ChatGPT it's a better administrator/architecht/engineer than I could ever dream to be. And now that GPT4-V is out it has capabilities I can't even imagine.

A few days ago I did something that blew my mind (again). I told ChatGPT something like this:
"You are an expert business consultant in the tech space that focuses on helping startups grow. Look through my resume and give me business ideas based on my skill set. Evaluate the criteria using the POCD framework and SWOT analysis. Also included cite all your sources."

In about 15 seconds that shyt gave off an extensive list of ideas that I could start based on my skillset and analyzed and formatted the data how I asked. And the craziest part was after it gave me my analysis it asked me if wanted to go into details on anything just ask.

It was like talking to an expert business advisor. I also asked it to make me Y combinator style pitch deck based on a business idea and the shyt it came up with was better than anything a marketing expert could come up with.

This shyt closed the knowledge gap on humanity. Anything you don't know how to do, AI will do it for you.

people don't understand what a force multiplier is and how much it can help achieve a persons goal,

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
Or...learning to code will be more necessary because everything around your house will have code involved.

You don't wanna have to call a repairman out everytime your can opener malfunction.

So it will probably be as necessary as being able to read and write due to everything being connected to the IoT.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It's going to create a ton of AI related jobs. An amazing field to get started in is AI research. My background is in cyber security and AI can easily replace me. But there's an entirely new field called AI security and the way people are "jailbraiking" AI is facinating. If I wasn't 100% on creating my own AI startup, I could make a shyt ton of money doing AI Security research, administration and architecture.
This is kind of what I'm alluding to. People who are familiar with cybersecurity stand far better of a chance jailbreaking A.I than some average person who knows nothing about cybersecurity.

People say "you don't need to learn how to code", however those who know how to code and have a solid software engineering background obviously have an enormous advantage. It's not about the problems and end results of a feature, but the lessons learned along the way creating that feature.

For example, part of my full stack jobs have all had something to do with making input text fields for forms. I know a whole lot about form input fields (far far beyond personal projects) which gives me more control over what I want an input field to do that I could tell the A.I to implement. I can even make small changes to the code and tell A.I to include it during refactors and further implementations.

People who only know from a product-level what is possible for an A.I to implement don't know of all the possibilities a professional developer would have in their toolbox for things like a simple textfield. Outside of a high surface level, A.I won't close the gap on deep expertise because some of these people don't even know what's possible and you can't fake that.

There's still levels to this shyt. This CEO saying to people you don't have to learn to code are putting those people at a disadvantage in the future who take this advice literally because they want everyone to come to their level instead. This CEO is absolutely not going to hire those people who take his advice literally.

Last edited:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I dont think its that easy..

One question that has to be answered before a company takes on AI fullscale is what are the limits?

Could it do something unexpected that could cause negative impact to the stock price and can you predict the conditions?

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
i want to create a web based service that uses ai .. something that isn’t unwidely available or isn’t done correctly yet….if you can’t beat ai.. join it.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
people don't understand what a force multiplier is and how much it can help achieve a persons goal,
Force multiplier is the best way to describe it. There's a reason the US government put export restrictions on this technology.

And I don't know how this didn't get more news, but every version of Windows 11 now comes with Co-Pilot, ChatGPT for Windows.

I've seen the icon for months and never thought to click it. I started using it yesterday and OMG this shyt is fukking incredible :banderas:

I gotta 2021 MacBook Pro and I'm bout to throw this shyt in the bushes and cop a Ada powered Surface Studio 2 when it drops

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...

It's more than that. I'm all for technological advances and have been using chatgpt since day 1 to assist with my job but nothing I've seen from those links shows or tells me it will replace me anytime soon. When the tech can convincingly replace that humanistic quality and even then, there are a lot of elements on a statewide level that don't account for the work we do. I'm not a regular caregiver. I run a business, so I would gladly accept the help and reduction of paying staff. I just don't see it right now.

They are building up to that ... the whole idea of the business is to help your clients into an "independent" life... with 0 assistance.

The [powers that be] will use that alone to further the tech and move more towards less human involvement and more choice making and doing things for self .. for the disabled .

AI and robotics will be a natural fit and lets not account the fact that less human interaction cuts down on abuse accusations, qualified staff, pay rate increases and burn- out . :francis:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
This is kind of what I'm alluding to. People who are familiar with cybersecurity stand far better of a chance jailbreaking A.I than some average person who knows nothing about cybersecurity.

People say "you don't need to learn how to code", however those who know how to code and have a solid tech background obviously have a distinct advantage. It's not about the problems and end result, but the lessons learned along the way.

For example, part of my full stack jobs have all had something to do with making input text fields for forms. I know a whole lot about form input fields which gives me more control over what I want an input field to do that I could tell the A.I to implement. I can even make small changes to the code and tell A.I to include it during refactors and further implementations.

People who only know from a product-level what is possible for an A.I to implement don't know of all the possibilities a professional developer would have in their toolbox. Outside of a high surface level, A.I won't close the gap on deep expertise because some of these people don't even know what's possible.

There's still levels to this shyt. This CEO saying to people you don't have to learn to code are putting those people at a disadvantage in the future who take this advice literally because they want everyone to come to their level instead. This CEO is absolutely not going to hire those people who take his advice literally.
I just posted a story about a project manager beating multiple teams of engineers in a hackathon contest. She used AI to do all the coding. All she did was write the prompts and the AI did the rest. English is the new programming language.

If there's anything you don't know, just ask ChatGPT. It will literally tell you what to do.

Right now I'm using AI to be my Harvard educated business coach. It's literally guiding me step by step on how to build my AI startup from idea creation, writing code, doing research, coming up with marketing ideas and strategies, and on and on.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I just posted a story about a project manager beating multiple teams of engineers in a hackathon contest. She used AI to do all the coding.

If there's anything you don't know, just ask ChatGPT. It will literally tell you what to do.

Right now I'm using AI to be my Harvard educated business coach. It's literally guiding me step by step on how to build my AI startup from idea creation, writing code, doing research, coming up with marketing ideas and strategies, and on and on.

You don't know what you don't know though. That project manager doesn't know what they don't know: Unconscious Incompetence

Yeah, that's a basic surface level app that isn't deployed and hasn't been attacked over time. A seasoned professional would know those things and account for them, making the A.I's job and implementation more thorough. Throttling, lazy loading, XSS protection, localization, etc. are something a more experienced engineer would know to tell an A.I to implement and actually make it easier and more efficient for the A.I to get it right the first time with fewer iterations and more thorough, robust features. A team of experienced engineers bringing that to an A.I would kill her project (who basically went up against engineers not using A.I).

I'm willing to bet that if deployed the apps designed by engineers using A.I would scale far better in the long term, in the real world under stress than the project manager's codebase using A.I outside of a basic hackathon project. Does it stand the test of time is always the real question and contributor to value and a company's foundation.

Last edited:

that guy

Superstar
Daps
They are building up to that ... the whole idea of the business is to help your clients into an "independent" life... with 0 assistance.

The [powers that be] will use that alone to further the tech and move more towards less human involvement and more choice making and doing things for self .. for the disabled .

AI and robotics will be a natural fit and lets not account the fact that less human interaction cuts down on abuse accusations, qualified staff, pay rate increases and burn- out . :francis:
Y’all are going to far. :mjlol:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
You don't know what you don't know though. That project manager doesn't know what they don't know: Unconscious Incompetence

Yeah, that's a basic surface level app that isn't deployed and hasn't been attacked. A seasoned professional would know those things and account for them, making the A.I's job more thorough. Throttling, lazy loading, XSS proteciton, localization, etc. are something a more experienced engineer would know to implement.

I'm willing to bet if deployed the apps designed by the engineers using A.I would scale far better in the long term, in the real world than the project manager's using A.I outside of a basic hackathon project. Does it stand the test of time is always the real question.
And that's where tools like AutoGen come in. You build a team of agents who's job is to deal with unconscious incompetence.

It would look something like this:
Agent 1: It's your job to find any issues with code that is being reviewed. Make sure the code uses modern standards. Be extremely critical of the code. Send me a summary of any issues you find in a short email. Include graphs and charts.
Agent2: You're an expert code writer. Write the code according to known best practices. Once you're done give it to Agent 1 to review and implement any changes he recommends.
Agent3: You're the project manager. Work with agent 1 and agent 2 to figure out any issues and send me a summary report at 7PM.

company.png

Here's the whitepaper discussing the topic
AutoGen: Enabling Next-Gen LLM Applications via Multi-Agent Conversation

And here's a video explaining the concept

Last edited: