Nvidia CEO: The Push To Teach Kids To Code & Learn Computer Science Is A Waste Of Time, A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) Will Be Taking Those Jobs

that guy

Superstar
Daps
breh you dont see whats going to eventually happen?

AI will eventually be able to code and maintain itself...as well as run the robotics to build and maintain its physical infrastructure...

for once the movies were right...maybe not as dramatic as they made it out to be...but its definitely happening
Somebody with a computer science degree has to code the AI and write the code for the AI to maintain itself which hasn’t been done yet. We may see a future where AI is able to self-maintain itself but we’re nowhere near that point yet. Telling the current generation to not study computer science at a time where AI development will be at its most lucrative is ridiculous.

In a fully autonomous AI world will still need computer literate people to maintain and monitor those systems.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
For y’all tech heads. Will AI replace the cybersecurity field?
Nope. At least not in our lifetime. I've mentioned in another thread, human ingenuity is too crazy.

An A.I may code up something and a human will find a novel way to break it (attacker's advantage).

This will cause A.I to have to come up with new code to fix up old code, which may expose it to a vulnerability somewhere else. An A.I isn't immune to software complexity, even with all the unit, integration, e2e tests, etc. there's practically almost always something that can break because there's more attack area.

Remember code is basically a sandbox. You can bring to life so many different things.

Software complexity problems and attackers making software complexity much more difficult will stress these A.I's the fukk out :mjlol: :heh:

It'll stress CEO's out too when they find out an A.I can't find where the humans are attacking because humans have so much real world context and attack area to exploit.

The codebase leaking $10k/sec of damages (a real number and that's small) while the A.I telling them:
"Are you sure you're having problems? The code looks good on our end :mjgrin:"

Crafty humans for the W :mjlit:

By the time they come close to figuring this out, robots would have to be in every corner of the world and our generation would be long gone by then.

Last edited:

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Nope. I've mentioned in another thread, human ingenuity is too crazy.

An A.I may code up something and a human will find a novel way to break it (attacker's advantage).

This will cause A.I to come up fixing code to patch it up, which may expose it to a vulnerability somewhere else.

Software complexity problems and attackers making software complexity much more difficult will stress these A.I's the fukk out :mjlol: :heh:
I literally was typing this same thing. I was just watching a documentary on how the US government destroyed iran’s nuclear program by exploiting bugs in windows operating system. Can you imagine the amount of exploitable bugs that will be in AI software? :wow:

Not to mention that could be a whole career field in itself. A consulting firm that combs through AI written software for vulnerabilities. Cybersecurity is going to be the future go-to computer science field.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I literally was typing this same thing. I was just watching a documentary on how the US government destroyed iran’s nuclear program by exploiting bugs in windows operating system. They virus started on a usb drive and spread Can you imagine the amount of exploitable bugs that will be in AI software? :wow:

Not to mention that could be a whole career field in itself. A consulting firm that combs through AI written software for vulnerabilities. Cybersecurity is going to be the future go-to computer science field.
Yup. I actually posted about that virus in the thread I was talking about in my post.

When humans have a vested interest in something, A.I won't stand in their way.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
AI was a mistake

Capitalists wanted a way to increase short term profits by removing labour but will inevitably tank the economy and their businesses when nobody has any disposable income to spend on their AI made products and services. UBI might be the solution but the capitalists despise a welfare state.

I said earlier, government needed to step in. They didn't. Now it's too late. When people have no money to buy products because they have no jobs, maybe these idiots will realize the error in their ways. Tech CEOs are a waste of air. We give them way too much attention.

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Ehhhh, I'm not buying into the notion that coding is going to be obsolete because of AI just yet. What I think could possibly happen in the near term is developers write less code manually and use AI more often to generate code that can be used as is or further tweaked if necessary. But to me, this isn't removing people from the equation so much as moving them further up the programming language abstraction ladder

You still need someone who can turn some PM's vague requirements into the prompts to generate the code for some new feature:

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
Well, I mean, we still need people to understand, maintain, and fix issues with the code underlying AI programs.

Last thing we need is an AI that nobody understands the programming for. So there should always be some need for coders, even if the demand is less.

I think us IT brehs should be safe though. Always gonna need somebody to maintain the physical infrastructure and fix issues. :manny:

He is overselling A.I to increase his companies stock. The technology itself is not going to replace humans.

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
Teach your kids that shyt......it should be common place so that them soft skull ass bytches can't gate keep the information and try to cut the general public off from it. Shut learn some yourself so you can combat the future nonsense they are surely trying to pull

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
Well, I mean, we still need people to understand, maintain, and fix issues with the code underlying AI programs.

Last thing we need is an AI that nobody understands the programming for. So there should always be some need for coders, even if the demand is less.

I think us IT brehs should be safe though. Always gonna need somebody to maintain the physical infrastructure and fix issues. :manny:
This is true on both parts tho. We are still in the early rollout. But the next phases will be cutting down the workforce in all tech leaning industries where there is a reliance on software.

You will still need some people like you are saying, but they will be able to cut 80% of employees Without losing a step

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
AI is unsustainable because it'll decimate 95% of the workforce, resulting in no one having the income to purchase these technologies.
Become a slave to technology brehs :snoop: