Nvidia CEO: The Push To Teach Kids To Code & Learn Computer Science Is A Waste Of Time, A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) Will Be Taking Those Jobs

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
the productivity gains I've seen with GPT4 and Gemini frighten me.

:francis:

As long as I understand at a high level what needs to be done and can translate it into a prompt, I'm getting code that needs little to no modifications damn near every single time

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You shouldn't have to learn how to read because we have audio books.

Like I get it, but A.I won't replace people from learning and it won't lower any barriers of entry that people are thinking.

You're going to have to grind and skill-up either way.
I'm in a Cloud computing undergrad course now and the way things look: Cloud specific positions will disappear as the tools become more sophisticated and the functions will likely roll into what the System's Administrator/Engineer do. Anyone in IT has to make peace with constantly learning a little something new and biannual job searches. Outside of MAYBE medicine, no other industry shifts as regularly as IT. Its the nature of the game and coding will always be there in some capacity.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the productivity gains I've seen with GPT4 and Gemini frighten me.

As long as I understand at a high level what needs to be done and can translate it into a prompt, I'm getting code that needs little to no modifications damn near every single time

A developer at my job sent me a screenshot of 3 prompts he keeps in a txt file. Whenever he wants to get something started, change the wording and run it through Copilot. His years of experience just means cleaning up the errors and adding notes. Its a fukking game changer. With experience, you don't have to go from A - Z. Input A, let the AI work it out, and double-check Z.

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
I’ve been reading a few tech and job recruiting subreddits and a lot of people are saying these tech and engineering jobs aren’t hiring anymore and are laying people off.

How ironic that STEM stans didn’t understand simple supply and demand :wow:

Everything else was for lazy idiots and now look, they’ve overinflated the sectors :ohhh:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This doesn't factor in how selfish CEO's are and how much they love making money.
HFNnYrqruqvI_-Skg2C7ZYjdcXp-6EsuSBkSyHpSbm0.png

Think what happens the second a single CEO runs the numbers by another CEO:
"This is our productivity and revenue with A.I alone $$"
"Now this is our productivity and revenue with A.I along with someone who knows how to code and use it to it's maximum potential $$$$"
"Well, this is our productivity and revenue with A.I along with a team that knows how to code and use it to it's maximum potential $$$$$$$$"

"Well now, this is our productivity and revenue with A.I along with teams that know how to code and use it to it's maximum potential $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$"

At some point they'll realize they're falling behind other companies who are using software teams optimizing A.I output and becoming more efficient.

Capitalism. Always going to try and max out.

Not to mention how many new types of careers around software A.I will make.

I skill up and grind because I know how those CEO's think. They always want more which means at some point they'll realize A.I will be too slow to them and they start seeing it's only the floor to other companies who've built software engineering teams around getting the most out of A.I.

Last edited:

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
People built up the system for these folks over the years, now they are about to get rid of the help.....

Cold game, but that's how they do. Anybody that's been working over the last 2-3 decades should know that.