Nvidia CEO: The Push To Teach Kids To Code & Learn Computer Science Is A Waste Of Time, A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) Will Be Taking Those Jobs

Daps
AI was a mistake

Capitalists wanted a way to increase short term profits by removing labour but will inevitably tank the economy and their businesses when nobody has any disposable income to spend on their AI made products and services. UBI might be the solution but the capitalists despise a welfare state.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've done ChatGPT and now use CoPilot (its great for studying).

If you don't know the code, the chat can spit some pretty inaccurate shyt out for you. Thats not to say it won't eventually get smart enough that you can functionally ask it "Make me a program that does XXX and program it in C#" and have it spit out spaghetti code needing some direction, but we are a long way off from that being viable when very custom things are needed. Proprietary software won't be an option for AI for some time.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You shouldn't have to learn how to read because we have audio books now, right?

Being serious though:

I get it, but A.I won't lower any barriers of entry that people are thinking. You're going to have to grind and skill-up either way.

People aren't going to stop grinding all of a sudden and we're all going to be level. It's the people who still bother to improve their coding skills (and efficiency by learning to use A.I and verifying/improving it's output) who are going to thrive.

Like for real: don't bother to learn that stuff and you'll wish you had a few years from now. I see it happen all the time.

It's funny, but a few years ago Megan Thee Stallion's hairdresser/stylist (yup) once posted a quote that said "Don't quit on what you're trying to learn because a few years from now you'll probably be wishing you weren't starting from scratch/square one all over again." That shyt stuck with me, especially seeing how great they're doing for themselves right now (basically has all A+ clients).

10+ years ago people said not to bother with certain tech jobs because they'd be automated away. I hope people didn't take that advice because they missed out on some good salary and a 10-year career in that specialty now pays about $300k/year.

Last edited: