Nvidia CEO: The Push To Teach Kids To Code & Learn Computer Science Is A Waste Of Time, A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) Will Be Taking Those Jobs

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Respectfully, in what way is a programming language for humans to communicate with machine comparable to artificial intelligence that allows machines to do the work for us? Python didn't have the impact that LLMs are having in terms of investments, speed or reach.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

keyboard's don't type by themselves and millions of students are using chatgpt to write for them. If you go by what teachers and studies have been saying lately, kids aren't learning how to read at the level they should be at probably because they do have youtube, tiktok & etc. as to his point about cooking, well all i can say is only two centuries ago the vast majority of the worlds population knew how to hunt, forage and farm because we lived in agricultural societies. now the vast majority of people know only how to obtain food from their local grocer or supermarket. people have lived full lives without ever having to catch a fish or kill an animal for food. I don't know what other skills will slowly lose relevance in our society due to technology but it's impossible to think we won't lose some more because of the convenience future technology could lead to.

there was a thread on here a few days ago about how gen-z don't know how to read an analog clock. lots of people don't know how to write in cursive either.

Last edited:

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Automate away the jobs of millions brehs....like what do these idiots think is going to happen when you have a bunch of jobless people running around? :mindblown:

Look at Detroit and how it looks after the auto industry left.......thats how these big cities gonna look but 10X worse.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
Big facts if I had kids I would advise them to go into a trade.

A robot ain't wiring up your house just yet. I was a building surveyor before my new role and even that started to have AI incorporated into it.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
LOL @ the nerds coping :mjlol: But mUH CooKing:mjlol:

He triggered a lot of nerds, but he's right.

The number of people required in those fields will dwindle. :yeshrug: And many of those left will be nothing but assistant of the AI machine.

IT Nerds are creating their own extinction.

Last edited:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
What are some ai proof careers? Tech related?
There's no such thing as AI proof. This technology is more transformative than the internet, the smartphone, and the cloud combined. The best thing to do is spend some time learning and using these tools so that you can understand how powerful they are.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Automate away the jobs of millions brehs....like what do these idiots think is going to happen when you have a bunch of jobless people running around? :mindblown:

Look at Detroit and how it looks after the auto industry left.......thats how these big cities gonna look but 10X worse.

They don't care who loses their job.
People are excitable and ultimately stupid, forgetting they live in a ruthlessly unforgiving Capitalist society that gives 2 shyts about your livelihood.

The large corporations that control media production and broadcasting will only use these tools to cut labor and production costs. :ufdup:

Infact, making these AI tools free to the general public is a cruel and sick joke, a mind fukk that means nothing if the public doesnt control media accessibility like the Cinemas, Netflix Hulu, streaming video digital cable television etc.
That is the sole domain of that establishment, you're not getting a seat at that table just because you can type a cool prompt.
It is a small exclusive club of wealthy media conglomerates.

And whose going to even see your Sora video, doesnt matter how good it is.
When millions of similar videos are prompted hourly by half the world who is your audience??? :dahell:

Text to video AI will become the soundcloud for film :scust:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Big facts if I had kids I would advise them to go into a trade.

A robot ain't wiring up your house just yet. I was a building surveyor before my new role and even that started to have AI incorporated into it.
Robots will be wiring houses very soon, and here's the proof:

They taught a robot to twirl a pen around it's finger. It used AI to write the code and iterate on the design. Dr. Fan is now starting a new company called GEAR which are creating AI robots and his company isn't the first.

The same rapid innovation you saw with chat bots (ChatGPT), text to picture (MidJourney) and text to video (Sora); you will see in the areas of robotics as well.