NPR show breaks down how highways ruined black communities, and caused urban economic disparities

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Is there anything that we can't somehow make an argument about how it's bad for the black community?

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My bad slime, I'm at work:aicmon:
Let me take some time to read through this thread.

yeah you're always conveniently busy when it comes to threads highlighting the evils of white people, yet you're front and center in threads dealing with exclusively black folks.

your opinion is irrelevant, just pointing it out for posters who aren't on to you guys yet.

Mason83

Banned
Daps
yeah you're always conveniently busy when it comes to threads highlighting the evils of white people, yet you're front and center in threads dealing with exclusively black folks.

your opinion is irrelevant, just pointing it out for posters who aren't on to you guys yet.
Ok but I was just in the thread blasting Jacob Mason, a White youtuber who fetishizes black women. I was very vocal with my disdain for him.

Mason83

Banned
Daps
Ok but I was just in the thread blasting Jacob Mason, a White youtuber who fetishizes black women. I was very vocal with my disdain for him.
You should be more concerned with posters like @STFARN who blatantly uses the N word and is white

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
Overtown? Didn't 95 pretty much destroy that neighborhood?
Yes it did. The city of Overtown was a thriving black city. It was a southern version of Harlem where many black celebrities visited. In the height of segregation, it was the go to spot in the south when famous black celebrities weren't able to spend the night in South Beach. Many hotels in Miami Beach forbidden black people from renting a hotel. So Overtown aka Color Town became the place for celebrities like Joe Louis, Muhammed Ali, Malcolm X, Billy Holiday and many renowned black people vacation spot. The city was BLACK WALL STREET of south Florida.

Black people fought hard to stop the building of I-95 but they failed. The city of Miami went on to built the highway; as of result, many black residents were forced to move out and lost their homes. Overtown has been on declined sinced that time. It never recovered. People talked so much about the success of BLACK WALL STREET in Tulsa but forgot about Colored Town that had a longer prosperous run than Tulsa. Our black cities have been destroyed and robbed by the people who hate us. :mjcry: