NPR show breaks down how highways ruined black communities, and caused urban economic disparities

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Cacs :scust:

its crazy how out here in Dallas, we're the 4th largest metro in the country with 7 million people. The black suburbs are all in the southern part, and the south eastern suburbs also are minority white and majority black and mexican.
But they literally have no types of transportation in any of the cities. From Mesquite all the way to cedar hill, not one damn bus route, and mind you this area probably has like 400-500,000 people with dozens of high schools and all types of shyt in between. Heres a map so you get a better idea.
newdallascountyredistrictingmap.jpg

From mesquite all the way to duncanville its not type of Public transportation, even tho you can claerly see they immediately border the city.

That area right there from Duncanville to Lancaster is Majority black full of nice homes that look like this.

desoto_homes_320.jpg

Hutchins to Mesquite is more so majority mexican, and probably 30% black, 15% cac.

Meanwhile you got small ass cac places like Addison that got trains and free wifi and shyt :camby:

:ohhh:

Bruh When I was planning on moving to Dallas last year I went out there and noticed that shyt...

People was telling me to avoid South Dallas like the plague tho.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
:ohhh:

Bruh When I was planning on moving to Dallas last year I went out there and noticed that shyt...

People was telling me to avoid South Dallas like the plague tho.
South Dallas just a hood, but it got a stigma from how bad it was in the 80s and 90s(mainly due to jamaicans settin up shot and literally killing people for anything :what:)
But nowadays Dallas, looks dont mean anything, South Dallas *looks bad* while Nawf Dallas looks safe and nice, but North Dallas is by far the most dangerous spot in the city right now. Like they just had like 3 double homicides in the past 2 weeks alone

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Solutions?

Zoning laws prevent something like this from happening again. We have to rebuild black mecca's across this nation. And I don't mean hoods I mean black self-sustaining areas where any black person from anywhere else in the nation can come and feel welcome, gain employment, start businesses and inject their dollars directly back into the community.

Its more than just buying black. Black Bottom here in Detroit was literally "All Black Everything". Dentists, Doctors, Lawyers, Business Owners, Butchers, Clothiers and Tailors, Restaurants, gas stations. Literally ALL of it was Black. It was destroyed because there was no precident, and some families took massive buyouts, some were told "get out". In today's political climate, I don't see that happening again. The information is too out there.

I truly believe it can happen again. In cities across America you got Little Italys, Mexicantowns, Jamaica Towns, Little Odessas and shyt like that...there is no reason we can't have a black area of a major city that sustains and is totally devoted to our culture in a positive...i.e. not just a ghetto.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
Zoning laws prevent something like this from happening again. We have to rebuild black mecca's across this nation. And I don't mean hoods I mean black self-sustaining areas where any black person from anywhere else in the nation can come and feel welcome, gain employment, start businesses and inject their dollars directly back into the community.

Its more than just buying black. Black Bottom here in Detroit was literally "All Black Everything". Dentists, Doctors, Lawyers, Business Owners, Butchers, Clothiers and Tailors, Restaurants, gas stations. Literally ALL of it was Black. It was destroyed because there was no precident, and some families took massive buyouts, some were told "get out". In today's political climate, I don't see that happening again. The information is too out there.

I truly believe it can happen again. In cities across America you got Little Italys, Mexicantowns, Jamaica Towns, Little Odessas and shyt like that...there is no reason we can't have a black area of a major city that sustains and is totally devoted to our culture in a positive...i.e. not just a ghetto.
Great answer.. won't be easy though

I was telling my man's and em..We need 'Black Sanctuaries' all over the world.. not just in the States
China,Russia,Argentina, France etc...whole cities where Black people run things
Own schools,buildings, businesses, shopping centers etc
But that's a topic for another day..

We have a lotta catching up to do