Not Your Ordinary Beef… Not your Ordinary Tea…Not Your Ordinary Cac…Canelo v Plant Sho PPV Nov 6th

Who wins??

• Canelo easy KO

Votes: 52 51.5%
  • Canelo UD

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • Plant UD too slick

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Plant by KO

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Sad Flabavidez

Votes: 6 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I'm watching the fight last night wondering who came up with calling Plant the Urban cac lol. I should've known it was you LB :heh:

Plant stopped really throwing that counter right from the shoulder roll because Canelo started double left hooking him. It was a beautiful adjustment he made during the fight. I gave Plant 3 rounds, maybe 4 at most but be got broken down from the body work & the mental pressure. I thought Plant out boxed Canelo in spots during the rounds but Canelo was in complete control. Plant fought his ass off but Canelo was too much for him

You know I stay with them nicknames breh :mjlol:

Yup Canelo adjusted and took the right cross counter away, but even then Plant never made the punch count like it should have in the 1st place. He needed to step in when he threw that shot. nikkas be afraid to fight big when they need too. Plant was looking like Sergio Mora at times. That ginger pressure is real tho. You can't deny that.

Plant boxes like a guy that doesn't believe in his offense. I definitely think he won more than 3 rds, but the nikkas saying he was winning up at the stoppage got me wondering what the hell they were watching. I been seeing all kinds of takes on twitter. :mindblown:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps

This is gold:heh:

But this is when you knew Caleb was mentally breaking. He was looking for that canelo approval. Deep down all these guys are canelo stans :ahh:....."I'm not bad right":mjcry:

"I respect your skills":mjgrin:

"I know":childplease:

When I seen plant trying to touch gloves and be respectful I knew it was only a matter of time. I'm glad to see both guys come away with a newfound respect for eachother though. Canelo even admitted plant was frustrating the hell out of him in the first half. But canelo eventually figured him out like he always does :banderas:

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know I stay with them nicknames breh :mjlol:

Yup Canelo adjusted and took the right cross counter away, but even then Plant never made the punch count like it should have in the 1st place. He needed to step in when he threw that shot. nikkas be afraid to fight big when they need too. Plant was looking like Sergio Mora at times. That ginger pressure is real tho. You can't deny that.

Plant boxes like a guy that doesn't believe in his offense. I definitely think he won more than 3 rds, but the nikkas saying he was winning up at the stoppage got me wondering what the hell they were watching. I been seeing all kinds of takes on twitter. :mindblown:
When I seen from the jump Plant wasn't stepping in with the same snap and authority on his jab I knew how shyt was gonna go :francis:. It wasn't as weak as Kovalev(he was just throwing straight bullshyt), but if you've seen Plant box you know his upjab and jab stick to the body usually comes out harder than last night. That heat coming back definitely had him thinking of the consequences.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Sorry to say but Canelo gotta be juicing you just don't go from 140 to 168, 175 and carry speed and power like that.
GGG fights, the Lara fight
He lost all those fights arguably, the first GGG I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as I had it 7-5 GGG and could see why it came out a draw but still 118-110 in favor of him :usure:. 2nd fight was more a draw than 1st fight as for the Lara fiasco I'm still heated to this day.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
When I seen from the jump Plant wasn't stepping in with the same snap and authority on his jab I knew how shyt was gonna go :francis:. It wasn't as weak as Kovalev(he was just throwing straight bullshyt), but if you've seen Plant box you know his upjab and jab stick to the body usually comes out harder than last night. That heat coming back definitely had him thinking of the consequences.

Big facts.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
We don't care about UK scores:hubie:.....we already know they prefer that pitty pat calslappy shyt. We care about who's doing the actual damage over here. So now it's just about what you personally care about. Do you care about a guy simply touching his opponent like it's the Olympics. Or do you care about the guy who's actually inflicting damage on his opponent? I care about the latter. And that was clearly canelo. And even if you wanna go off stats, canelo outlanded plant while also connecting at a higher percentage. And he also held Caleb to only 22% connected punches overall.

It seems like so many people in the ring completely ignore body work and only pay attention to what's happening up top. And that's not even just with canelo fights. It's almost like the body doesn't even exist to some of y'all. Which is crazy when you realize canelo's body work was the entire story of this fight.

And it's not even that the knockout nullified everything. It's that the knockout just made it clear what was really happening in there. No need for interpretation. No debating. The knockout showed that it was canelo's work that was having the real impact in the ring. And that's what really matters at the end of the day. It was plant who folded at the end. It was plant who got broken down. That wasn't some fluke punch. That was a systematic beat down by accumulation. So yea I'm not hearing anything about plant winning.

And I actually gained respect for Caleb in this fight. He's tougher than I thought. His jab was great. His shell defense was very impressive. He made it very hard for canelo to land to his head. But he also did a horrible job protecting his body and made too many defensive mistakes as the fight went on.

And that goes back to him simply not fighting enough top tier guys along the way. Which is why I said he wasn't ready for this. He hadn't really fought any guys that could expose his flaws and force him to get better. That's why to me experience is so crucial. But he still impressed the hell out of me and I think he's the 2nd best guy at 168 and could still potentially become a champion if canelo ever drops the belts. If he's as strong minded as he seems then he'll learn from this loss and come back stronger. I'll be a fan of his moving forward.
I agree to disagree. I saw a guy who was picking off the left hook or sometimes letting the left hook graze him, that got too confident and got clipped. The showtime announcer called it very early about that left hook and plant not always catching it...and it did him in. We can argue all day about this and you're not gonna change my mind about what I and many others saw last night. I saw a guy picking,rolling and catching shots all night until he got clipped.
Sorry to say but Canelo gotta be juicing you just don't go from 140 to 168, 175 and carry speed and power like that.

He lost all those fights arguably, the first GGG I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as I had it 7-5 GGG and could see why it came out a draw but still 118-110 in favor of him :usure:. 2nd fight was more a draw than 1st fight as for the Lara fiasco I'm still heated to this day.

I had him losing both GGG fights. The Lara fight I had him winning bc of body shots and Lara output diminished after awhile. It was close though.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
051-B65-BE-08-CF-4-B71-B098-CDD308672047.jpg

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Plant threw punches to stop Canelo advancing, to frustrate Canelo, not to hurt him.

I had Plant winning 3 maybe 4 rounds. In the earlier rounds he was the more active but the majority of shots were blocked or missed and the ones that landed were sometimes clean but rarely clean & hard. Towards the end, the volume dropped dramatically and so did the little power he was offering. His defence was often solid, a lot of blocks and he did a good job of frustrating Canelo but he didn't do anything to hurt Canelo or really slow him down physically. Plant needed to hurt Canelo with the jab or make him really respect his shots and he didn't do it. Pitty patter a lot of the time. That ain't gon do nothing for the judges or to get Canelo's pace down.

Canelo, usual story. Plant made it hard to land early but eventually, Canelo was landing those body shots at will. Plant was basically giving it to him for free from 5-10 onwards.

Often in Canelo fights, someone throws high volume, misses a lot either blocked or evadeed. Canelo lands the clean and hard shots. Some see that as the other dude winning the round but those are Canelo rounds when you judge it by the judges criteria.

It was a competitive fight but it wasn't a close fight. A competitive fight means the winner had to bring a high-level to win and had to be sharp throughout which Caleb made Canelo do. But it wasn't close. The KO came from a systemic beat down that meant one fighter took the life and fight from another fighter. A close fight is Jacobs vs Canelo. Canelo won that fight by 1 round. Similar amounts of damage taken and received by both fighters, Canelo just got off slightly more cleaner and harder work in crucial moments to get the W. He beat Plant up here, it just wasn't a total domination.