Not Your Ordinary Beef… Not your Ordinary Tea…Not Your Ordinary Cac…Canelo v Plant Sho PPV Nov 6th

Who wins??

• Canelo easy KO

Votes: 52 51.5%
  • Canelo UD

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • Plant UD too slick

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Plant by KO

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Sad Flabavidez

Votes: 6 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps

Listen to the British broadcasters at the end of this video about their score cards. They all had Plant ahead before the KO, and they highlight Canelo and Reynoso arguing in the corner.

Just like every big close canelo Alvarez fight, I'm left arguing with people about what really happened. It was that way with both GGG fights, the Lara fight, and now this fight. At the end of the day the KO nullifies everything anyway

We don't care about UK scores:hubie:.....we already know they prefer that pitty pat calslappy shyt. We care about who's doing the actual damage over here. So now it's just about what you personally care about. Do you care about a guy simply touching his opponent like it's the Olympics. Or do you care about the guy who's actually inflicting damage on his opponent? I care about the latter. And that was clearly canelo. And even if you wanna go off stats, canelo outlanded plant while also connecting at a higher percentage. And he also held Caleb to only 22% connected punches overall.

It seems like so many people in the ring completely ignore body work and only pay attention to what's happening up top. And that's not even just with canelo fights. It's almost like the body doesn't even exist to some of y'all. Which is crazy when you realize canelo's body work was the entire story of this fight.

And it's not even that the knockout nullified everything. It's that the knockout just made it clear what was really happening in there. No need for interpretation. No debating. The knockout showed that it was canelo's work that was having the real impact in the ring. And that's what really matters at the end of the day. It was plant who folded at the end. It was plant who got broken down. That wasn't some fluke punch. That was a systematic beat down by accumulation. So yea I'm not hearing anything about plant winning.

And I actually gained respect for Caleb in this fight. He's tougher than I thought. His jab was great. His shell defense was very impressive. He made it very hard for canelo to land to his head. But he also did a horrible job protecting his body and made too many defensive mistakes as the fight went on.

And that goes back to him simply not fighting enough top tier guys along the way. Which is why I said he wasn't ready for this. He hadn't really fought any guys that could expose his flaws and force him to get better. That's why to me experience is so crucial. But he still impressed the hell out of me and I think he's the 2nd best guy at 168 and could still potentially become a champion if canelo ever drops the belts. If he's as strong minded as he seems then he'll learn from this loss and come back stronger. I'll be a fan of his moving forward.

dave

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
what a fight. after last night, i gotta put Canelo as one of my faves.

he's gotten sooo much better since losing to Floyd.

my personal top 5 (in no order)...

- Mike
- Roy
- Floyd
- Pacquiao
- Canelo

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
And I actually do think plant has solid pop. He might have even hurt canelo with a body shot at one point. But canelo is just built different. When he gets hurt he just comes back stronger. And for the most part he made it hard for plant to sit down on anything cause plant was worried about getting caught up top.

But this should dead all the shyt about canelo's opponents not trying. That shyt was always nonsense. It's not they don't want to throw power punches. Canelo just makes it almost impossible to do so because he's so sharp with the counters. He's taking these power punches away from these guys.

But last night was a clear example of how much canelo has improved over the years. Back in the day canelo would have kept head hunting and throwing wild shyt hoping to land something. He even did that a couple times last night. So I give plant props for frustrating him a little bit. But whenever canelo got sloppy he stepped back and composed himself and stuck to the gameplan. He trusted his ability to get the job done. And he wouldn't have done that in the Lara days. Plant was the toughest matchup for him at 168. David is too flat footed and Charlo fights too reckless. I see them both getting caught eventually.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
And I actually do think plant has solid pop. He might have even hurt canelo with a body shot at one point. But canelo is just built different. When he gets hurt he just comes back stronger. And for the most part he made it hard for plant to sit down on anything cause plant was worried about getting caught up top.

But this should dead all the shyt about canelo's opponents not trying. That shyt was always nonsense. It's not they don't want to throw power punches. Canelo just makes it almost impossible to do so because he's so sharp with the counters. He's taking these power punches away from these guys.

But last night was a clear example of how much canelo has improved over the years. Back in the day canelo would have kept head hunting and throwing wild shyt hoping to land something. He even did that a couple times last night. So I give plant props for frustrating him a little bit. But whenever canelo got sloppy he stepped back and composed himself and stuck to the gameplan. He trusted his ability to get the job done. And he wouldn't have done that in the Lara days. Plant was the toughest matchup for him at 168. David is too flat footed and Charlo fights too reckless. I see them both getting caught eventually.

Canelo. Vs Benevidez Cinco De Mayo in Mexico City
Homecoming :wow::wow::wow::wow:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Agree with all of this. I gave Plant 4 rds too. He won 1,3,4, and 9. He kept rd 2 close as well.

Canelo broke him down, but nobody can convince me he wasn't getting boxed up at times. Plant definitely did better than BJS and Smith.
Whole reason why I been said Urban cac DLC >>> UK Career mode 2.0

The stealing the last moments of the rd was definitely something he needed to do. nikkas gotta realize that a lot of Canelo fights come down to who lands the more memorable punch for the rd. You can dominate with ring generalship, but unless you throw an land at a significant higher clip, most judges gonna score the 2 or 3 big shots that Canelo lands.

Plant needed to block some of those body shots with his elbows and move away. I felt like he gave away too many unanswered body shots which ultimately broke him down. I like that Plant was countering immediately with the straight right, but he never stepped into the punch to give it maximum impact. Canelo was patient and made every punch count.

I think if Plant had more experience he would have realized what Canelo was setting him up for.

Plant definitely gave a good account of himself and Dirrell is a good fight for him.

Canelo vs Charlo is a good fight. Don't really care for the GGG rubber match unless dude treats Toyota like the car bonus stage in Street Fighter 2.

I'm watching the fight last night wondering who came up with calling Plant the Urban cac lol. I should've known it was you LB :heh:

Plant stopped really throwing that counter right from the shoulder roll because Canelo started double left hooking him. It was a beautiful adjustment he made during the fight. I gave Plant 3 rounds, maybe 4 at most but be got broken down from the body work & the mental pressure. I thought Plant out boxed Canelo in spots during the rounds but Canelo was in complete control. Plant fought his ass off but Canelo was too much for him