Not Your Ordinary Beef… Not your Ordinary Tea…Not Your Ordinary Cac…Canelo v Plant Sho PPV Nov 6th

Who wins??

• Canelo easy KO

Votes: 52 51.5%
  • Canelo UD

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • Plant UD too slick

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Plant by KO

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Sad Flabavidez

Votes: 6 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
...am I the only one that had the fight even heading into the 11th?

I'm willing to concede 6-4 Canelo but giving Plant only 2 rounds like Farhood did seems wrong :manny:
It was about even..no matter what anyone writes. They have no clue what they're talking about. The body punches saved Canelo...he was hitting gloves all night.

Agent Mulder

Fight The Future
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Canelo the king! :blessed:

Floyd ain’t ever been undisputed, Manny either.

Can you imagine if he moves up to 175 and becomes undisputed up there? Would be in them GOAT talks :ohlawd:

Anyways, he said in the post fight presser that he’s gonna take some time to recover from all these training camps and come back in May.

I want him to trash Charlo’s all bark no bite protected kitty kat asss sooo bad. Dude is a hot headed emotional wreck. An angry disgruntled man-child who refused to fight anyone with a pulse :scust:

Then Benavidez, who I think has a decent shot at the throne.

After that, go get all those belts at 175 and make haters SICK :obama:

All hail Canelo the king! :salute:

Agent Mulder

Fight The Future
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Tuneup for GGG in late Dec, then Canelo in May for the trilogy

Fukk GGG. He’s been hiding and hasn’t fought anyone to get that rematch. He hasn’t wanted to fight a live dog since the Canelo fight - not wanted to risk another L. I think he’s washed already and that those fights with the gawd did a number on him. Ppl will just talk about how GGG was old now. Also, I’d much rather see him fight Charlo and Benavidez. I’ll pass on another GGG fight.

u mad son?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Listen to the British broadcasters at the end of this video about their score cards. They all had Plant ahead before the KO, and they highlight Canelo and Reynoso arguing in the corner.

Just like every big close canelo Alvarez fight, I'm left arguing with people about what really happened. It was that way with both GGG fights, the Lara fight, and now this fight. At the end of the day the KO nullifies everything anyway

Honestly I detest watching American broadcasters ... They literally live in their own little world. Not once during the fight did anyone give their opinion on who is currently ahead or who they thought won each round until halfway in the fight where they had it 56-50 to canelo I think it was

Canelo was hitting nothing but arms through the first half the fight

Agent Mulder

Fight The Future
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Honestly I detest watching American broadcasters ... They literally live in their own little world. Not once during the fight did anyone give their opinion on who is currently ahead or who they thought won each round until halfway in the fight where they had it 56-50 to canelo I think it was

Agreed. I felt like Plant was doing really good and had Canelo frustrated. When I saw Farhoods card I was blown away. I have to watch it again but I felt like the fight was pretty close up until that stoppage. I’m a Canelo Stan but to give Plant only 2 rounds is INSANE to me. I easily had him winning at least 4 rounds MINIMUM - maybe 5 - up until that stoppage. Again, I have to rewatch though.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

American broadcasters are there to push narratives, not give legitimate critical analysis and commentary.

Brit broadcasters are always biased towards British fighters.

I usually just turn the volume down to not hear them.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Canelo is the Kobe to Floyd’s MJ … I’ve always fukked with Canelo unless he fighting a team Choc member:manny:

I gave Plant 4 rds …Plant was doin good on defense… (until the ko obviously)… his main power punch the left hook he didn’t want to use (don’t hook with a hooker) N they desperately needed to add something else beside the jab… He tried that lil counter right on the inside but it wasn’t hittin like that even when it connected

More uppercuts a looping right, something… I woulda also had him try to steal rds last 10-20 seconds cuz a lot of them rds were close N winnable

With Dirrell talking Spicy I’d make Plant v Dirrell next

for Canelo I hope it’s Charlo that’s a fight I’d love to see

Plant gave a good account of himself… in my eyes he did better than BJS N Callum Smith combined

Agree with all of this. I gave Plant 4 rds too. He won 1,3,4, and 9. He kept rd 2 close as well.

Canelo broke him down, but nobody can convince me he wasn't getting boxed up at times. Plant definitely did better than BJS and Smith.
Whole reason why I been said Urban cac DLC >>> UK Career mode 2.0

The stealing the last moments of the rd was definitely something he needed to do. nikkas gotta realize that a lot of Canelo fights come down to who lands the more memorable punch for the rd. You can dominate with ring generalship, but unless you throw an land at a significant higher clip, most judges gonna score the 2 or 3 big shots that Canelo lands.

Plant needed to block some of those body shots with his elbows and move away. I felt like he gave away too many unanswered body shots which ultimately broke him down. I like that Plant was countering immediately with the straight right, but he never stepped into the punch to give it maximum impact. Canelo was patient and made every punch count.

I think if Plant had more experience he would have realized what Canelo was setting him up for.

Plant definitely gave a good account of himself and Dirrell is a good fight for him.

Canelo vs Charlo is a good fight. Don't really care for the GGG rubber match unless dude treats Toyota like the car bonus stage in Street Fighter 2.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Agree with all of this. I gave Plant 4 rds too. He won 1,3,4, and 9. He kept rd 2 close as well.

Canelo broke him down, but nobody can convince me he wasn't getting boxed up at times. Plant definitely did better than BJS and Smith.
Whole reason why I been said Urban cac DLC >>> UK Career mode 2.0

The stealing the last moments of the rd was definitely something he needed to do. nikkas gotta realize that a lot of Canelo fights come down to who lands the more memorable punch for the rd. You can dominate with ring generalship, but unless you throw an land at a significant higher clip, most judges gonna score the 2 or 3 big shots that Canelo lands.

Plant needed to block some of those body shots with his elbows and move away. I felt like he gave away too many unanswered body shots which ultimately broke him down. I like that Plant was countering immediately with the straight right, but he never stepped into the punch to give it maximum impact. Canelo was patient and made every punch count.

I think if Plant had more experience he would have realized what Canelo was setting him up for.

Plant definitely gave a good account of himself and Dirrell is a good fight for him.

Canelo vs Charlo is a good fight. Don't really care for the GGG rubber match unless dude treats Toyota like the car bonus stage in Street Fighter 2.

i rather 160 gets undisputed next yr and dust settles for that and champ moved up to 168 for Canelo.

boo boo charlo should be early next yr, and winner face GGG/Japanese cat winner in the summer/fall.

that gives Canelo time to do a mandtory and fight Benevidez next yr

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
It’s funny people weaponizing the close rounds or broadcast scorecards…Canelo is a low volume kind of guy for the most part. He will lose a couple rounds of inactivity, this been his thing for a long time…people saying he still got problems with movers or slicksters:mjlol: we can dead that convo.

Were Kov, Jacobs and GGG movers because them was “close” fights as well and were closer than the fights between Plant and BJS.

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s funny people weaponizing the close rounds or broadcast scorecards…Canelo is a low volume kind of guy for the most part. He will lose a couple rounds of inactivity, this been his thing for a long time…people saying he still got problems with movers or slicksters:mjlol: we can dead that convo.

Were Kov, Jacobs and GGG movers because them was “close” fights as well and were closer than the fights between Plant and BJS.

You are missing the point. The problem is…that’s not how you score boxing.

Every round is essentially it’s own separate fight. You have to watch without bias and actually watch it (and again with the volume OFF). It was clear with anyone who has been into boxing for a while or trains that Plant was blocking and rolling with Canelo’s biggest shots that Mauro was calling as landed shots, the broadcast would also simultaneously ignore any of the good work Plant was doing. I had it either dead even or Plant up by 1.

You actually take away from the greatness of Canelo by being so biased. The KO would have been even better if the perception was that it was closer.