"Nobody wants their MTV. What's behind Viacom's alarming ratings collapse?"

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
you can run a channel on cheap shyt for a few years, but it always burns out. trashy reality shows are like drugs that people are getting to used to. the only way to keep ratings high is to up the ante, but if you do that eventually reality stars are going to either end up dead or in jail.

how about making music the most important part of MTV? music videos, live music, even behind the scenes stuff on the creative process of making music. then some non musical content that is culturally relevant to the various youth demographics that watch your damn music videos? they juggled this well in the 90s, i dont see why they dont just go back to the drawing board. american idol should have never been a fox show, that should have been MTV's idea from day one.

american idol
vevo
spotify

all that should have been natural outgrowths of MTV but they want to show us pregnant teenagers instead.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Exactly..across all their networks, including Nick, they need better shows man. with mtv specifically, they need to stop trying to appeal simply to a crowd that's not going to spend money or has fickle tastes
Nick at night is wack Now cause all those shows were JUST on air or are always on another network

Back when we were kids they was running shows our parents watch with their parents
shyt. Tv land don't even show the shows it was intended to show anymore

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Nick at night is wack New cause ask those shows were JUST on air or are always on another network

Back when we were kids they was running shows our parents watch with their parents
shyt. Tv land don't even show the shows ir was intended to show anymore

Just like boomerang.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Viacom fukked up. They use to steal from BET before they bought them to see what was hot and play it on MTV. Now they have no one to steal from particularly black folks to set the trends. They done bought up everything and now have to manufacture things themselves.

fukk them I hope Viacom and Clear Channel both go to hell....they done destroyed black mainstream music.
:ohhh:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Viacom fukked up. They use to steal from BET before they bought them to see what was hot and play it on MTV. Now they have no one to steal from particularly black folks to set the trends. They done bought up everything and now have to manufacture things themselves.

fukk them I hope Viacom and Clear Channel both go to hell....they done destroyed black mainstream music.
fukk clear channel & I heart radio for destroying radio. I hate that I listen to Rickey smiley, steve Harvey, & the fukking breakfast club!!! I don't have a problem dj's being nationally syndicated but those fukkers irk me! I want my local dj's! (Not counting Mike Love & Doug Banks; WGCI &Power 92 forever!)

I have told Mike Love & Trey the Chocklit Jock how I felt. They just told me that's how it goes :to:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
fukk clear channel & I heart radio for destroying radio. I hate that I listen to Rickey smiley, steve Harvey, & the fukking breakfast club!!! I don't have a problem dj's being nationally syndicated but those fukkers irk me! I want my local dj's! (Not counting Mike Love & Doug Banks; WGCI &Power 92 forever!)

I have told Mike Love & Trey the Chocklit Jock how I felt. They just told me that's how it goes :to:
Mike love and the diz>>>

But you need to graduate to siriusxm
shyt is goddly

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
This video explains why MTV doesn't play music videos anymore:

He went in!
WdcLhyw.png

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Mike love and the diz>>>

shyt is goddly

Black Podcasts >>>>>>>>

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Mike love and the diz>>>

shyt is goddly
I had it, but my sister had it cut off by accident. (Her car I'm buying from her)Every time I hear You Earned It, I yell at the top of my lungs and switch to one of the other stations usually to be disapionted and flipping to the cd.