"Nobody wants their MTV. What's behind Viacom's alarming ratings collapse?"

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
A network ran by a bunch of old ass white men who's out of touch without reality
them muthafukkas was outa touch when they were young ass white men!
:mjlol:

thank goodness the hood had Video Music Box!
:banderas:

i remember a time when the ONLY black artist you seen on MTV was Michael Jackson.
:deadmanny:

Daps
Revolt is dope because they put videos on from people I wasn't aware of and they occasionally have segments with young movers & shakers talking about the state of music...

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Yeah, this is going to fail miserably. Older people won't watch it because they won't like the music and artist that are featured & kids won't watch it because the concept of a video show is outdated.

I'm actually going to watch to keep up with where mainstream culture is going.

The internet is too fragmented and there's too many niches, which is good in someways, but I believe there should a mass culture & MTV at it's best is that

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I'm actually going to watch to keep up with where mainstream culture is going.

The internet is too fragmented and there's too many niches, which is good in someways, but I believe there should a mass culture & MTV at it's best is that
MTV is done. Terrible channel. They lost what made them special a long time ago.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
:ohhh: Brehs, I just found out today MTV has a MTV News YouTube channel:

Obviously, it's meant to compete with the Complex News YouTube channel.

Hey gen-x and gen-2000 we know you want video shows back, so we give you back trl (with a new twist) and we give you mtv news and put it on YouTube. Can you give us a break please?:mjcry:

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hey gen-x and gen-2000 we know you want video shows back, so we give you back trl (with a new twist) and we give you mtv news and put it on YouTube. Can you give us a break please?:mjcry:

They need to just break the bag and acquire all these outlets....

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Rap Genius just dropped this featurette today on the return of TRL:

MTV is reviving 'Total Request Live,' the daily music countdown show that served as a millennial version of 'American Bandstand.' It’s a huge bet for MTV, but will it work? TRL certainly evokes a lot of nostalgia, but much has changed since it debuted 20 years ago. 'Total Request Live’s' first episode aired in 1998 and was hosted by Carson Daly. It slotted music videos into a daily countdown by tallying votes from callers at home. We won’t know the verdict on the new 'TRL' for awhile, but for now let’s revel in some pop culture nostalgia of the 2000s in the Genius video above. Read more on Genius: https://genius.com/a/can-a-trl-reboot...

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
So... i guess no one tuned into TRL's big comeback. Its fukked up cause the timing is terrible due to the tragedy in Vegas. For the re-launch being but on the back burner... i dont think its gonna be able to bounce back.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
All Def Music did like a 7.5 minute review/discussion of the first week of TRL's return:

MTV’s TRL reboot made it’s return last week after being away for a decade. Does this television series have the star power it once had to be the leading place for discovering new music? #OfftheRecord

So... i guess no one tuned into TRL's big comeback. Its fukked up cause the timing is terrible due to the tragedy in Vegas. For the re-launch being but on the back burner... i dont think its gonna be able to bounce back.
MTV has created a official dedicated YouTube channel for the new TRL: TRL

:yeshrug: So there's no reason for me to tune in live when it airs.

:ehh:Seeing how Hip-Hop is #1 music genre & dominates the charts because of streaming, it makes sense that the guests that TRL has had on so far has been dominated by Hip-Hop acts.

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
All Def Music did like a 7.5 minute review/discussion of the first week of TRL's return:

MTV has created a official dedicated YouTube channel for the new TRL: TRL

:yeshrug: So there's no reason for me to tune in live when it airs.

:ehh:Seeing how Hip-Hop is #1 music genre & dominates the charts because of streaming, it makes sense that the guests that TRL has had on so far has been dominated by Hip-Hop acts.

I work til 4 so, no I’m not gonna tune in to trl unless my schedule changes. But if they have to dedicate an entire YouTube to trl them THATS where they need to be. Everyone has access to the internet now. But I’m 29 so... I guess I’m over the whole trying to bring it byke thing. Mtv only has my attention when the real world is good and the challenge is interesting. Everyone who was on trl when I was 9 is flabby.