MTV needs to do live interview and performances. And mtv unplugged

shyt you can’t see on YouTube
this is the route they should have gone

but i feel like if trl flops issa wrap

they also dont promote their content in a way that fits their audience

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
You used to only be able to hear about musicians on mtv or in magazines. Now you have direct access to their music AND their lives on YouTube, twitter, instagram and snap chat. Everything you want to know about them is immediately accessible and you don't have to wait till 7 pm on wednesdays to learn about how they made a video.

There's no need to watch a standard channel on a stationery tv anymore

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
MTV needs to do live interview and performances. And mtv unplugged

shyt you can’t see on YouTube

Bring back diary & biorhythm shows related to music in a documentary style. These were different and really good. Not just basic ass shyt.

I've been saying all this shyt for years

You used to only be able to hear about musicians on mtv or in magazines. Now you have direct access to their music AND their lives on YouTube, twitter, instagram and snap chat. Everything you want to know about them is immediately accessible and you don't have to wait till 7 pm on wednesdays to learn about how they made a video.

There's no need to watch a standard channel on a stationery tv anymore

And yet the E! Channel is doing just fine telling the world gossip that they can easily find on Perez Hilton or something.

There's a way you can make anything relevant, if you try

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

And yet the E! Channel is doing just fine telling the world gossip that they can easily find on Perez Hilton or something.

mtv diaries :wow: forgot about those. i remember the one with nas, jay-z, and eminem d12 when they went to vegas

you think you know but you have no idea

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
mtv diaries :wow: forgot about those. i remember the one with nas, jay-z, and eminem d12 when they went to vegas

you think you know but you have no idea
Yes!! I remember Jay’s idk why, was it around the release of Blueprint & it showed the 9/11 reaction? Gosh, why does his stand out??:jbhmm:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yes!! I remember Jay’s idk why, was it around the release of Blueprint & it showed the 9/11 reaction? Gosh, why does his stand out??:jbhmm:
jay z diary i remember he was at the club and he said everyone was staring at them like gold fish. and he was watching the mets yankees world series with a old random white dude at the bar hotel.

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps

E channel has all those celeb shows like the kardashians right? That's probably what kept them alive, plus they have always been marketed towards all age groups. Still people aren't running out to get E! In their cable packages, running home to watch shows on E like they did when MTV was in its prime. Mtv will never have that prime again unless they get fresh ideas. They do really well when they tried to cater to the uniqueness of the new generation. Bringing back shyt that appealed to 30 somethings 15 years ago won't work. Maybe mtv should do something new. Put a bunch of artists, YouTube celebs and famous instagram people and a few regular people in a house like the real world. Do music festivals with new artists and document kids going to it everything from getting ready to partying to what artists they liked. Kids would love all of that.

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
jay z diary i remember he was at the club and he said everyone was staring at them like gold fish. and he was watching the mets yankees world series with a old random white dude at the bar hotel.
They were talking about 03 Bonnie & Clyde earlier, maybe that was included cause I think I remember them showing Jay & Bey on TRL. Hmm.. idk

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps

I remember his.

This like obsessed fan came up to him and told him that he had a baby by Kelis:russ:

E channel has all those celeb shows like the kardashians right? That's probably what kept them alive, plus they have always been marketed towards all age groups. Still people aren't running out to get E! In their cable packages, running home to watch shows on E like they did when MTV was in its prime. Mtv will never have that prime again unless they get fresh ideas. They do really well when they tried to cater to the uniqueness of the new generation. Bringing back shyt that appealed to 30 somethings 15 years ago won't work. Maybe mtv should do something new. Put a bunch of artists, YouTube celebs and famous instagram people and a few regular people in a house like the real world. Do music festivals with new artists and document kids going to it everything from getting ready to partying to what artists they liked. Kids would love all of that.

The anchor of the E! Channel is E! News & E! News Daily Pop

Those are on whether the Kardashians are on hiatus or whatever show is on.

They never stop doing celebrity news & gossip, even though you could EASILY get celebrity news & gossip online.

Hell, you can get news online, so why does CNN, FoX, & MSNBC do news?

Because that's who they are.

WEll, music is who MTV was and they fukking blew it.

I do agree with you that they should do new stuff that is unique with musicians and YouTube people, but they should've never abandoned music completely and music news. it was a losing strategy and it's blown up in their face.

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I remember his.

This like obsessed fan came up to him and told him that he had a baby by Kelis:russ:

They never stop doing celebrity news & gossip, even though you could EASILY get celebrity news & gossip online.

I do agree with you that they should do new stuff that is unique with musicians and YouTube people, but they should've never abandoned music completely and music news. it was a losing strategy and it's blown up in their face.
:troll: Reruns and reality shows and movies is our winning format. Whatever the Viacom license allows us we’re airing! Prepare for a Ridiculousness marathon, followed by Teen Mom 2 catch-up marathon then the entire Bring It On series, the TLC movie, Scary Movie 5 and then a block of Jersery Shore episodes. You’re welcome.
-Mtv Head Offices.

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
I remember his.

True but The problem is I just don't think people want to watch their music on tv anymore. The feelings towards music have changed (immediate gratification in YouTube or sound cloud vs waiting to see a video on tv or a song on the radio; you don't have widely watched music variety hours or concerts anymore on tv, and when you do it's not for the 12-25 crowd), E does celebs and people will watch celebs, but young kids don't want that with their music. Yeah people will use different mediums for entertainment and news, but for some reason this just isn't translating with music. No matter who or what else it works for, it's just not going to work with music videos or concerts or music content anymore and it shows in their falling status and profits. They strayed from their original concept of music tv (years ago) but maybe that doesnt even matter anymore for the younger age group- it's a nonissue "who cares if they don't play music anymore? I wouldn't watch it anyway".

Maybe if mtv made a YouTube channel and had exclusive videos, that could work.